Experiences what's the most difficult fandom for you to find roleplay partners with?

cocacola

your mom's side peice
i think we've all been there - seriously wanting to roleplay something specific. you have the character ready, a plot in mind, and plenty of writing samples to give! ... aaand then there's no one that you can find to roleplay with. from fandoms to certain storylines, what's your struggle bus? we all have it!

mine is currently attack on titan. plenty of harry potter roleplays available, even demon slayer! but attack on titan is futile sometimes. i think it might be due to that fact its so serious?

whats yours?

Probably the Swedish Cavalier. That book is not famous at all, plus it's OLD old. Like 'first published in 1936' old.

There are plenty of other fandoms I'm having trouble finding people to RP with (Legend of Hei for example). I think at certain point they all become equally obscure enough to be impossible to find someone. But Swedish Cavalier would probably take the cake.

Pokemon. I'm surprised Pokemon RPs aren't more popular, given it's a pretty iconic franchise and there's lots of potential.

Pokemon. I'm surprised Pokemon RPs aren't more popular, given it's a pretty iconic franchise and there's lots of potential.
OMG right??? I used to look for them a lot, but due to inactivity in the roleplay side of the fandom, I just got burnt out on trying ya know?

Let's see.. I struggle to find Carole & Tuesday (an anime on Netflix) and FNAF roleplays mainly. The other fandoms I'm in are pretty active roleplay wise (disregarding Pokemon but I gave up on roleplaying that a while ago lol) so it's just those two right now though.

Any Zelda game outside of BOTW. Yeah, if you've been around Group Interest Checks, you know what I mean.

The Elite Dangerous/Spacefaring SciFi (with an emphasis on Sci) community is already really tiny, so it's not a surprise that it's virtually nonexistant here-

I've had a ton of trouble trying to find a stable partner for "The Owl House" fandom from Disney.

I have seen some strange requests (imo) for ones based around certain games. Pokemon I can understand, Zelda games I can understand, but some I just can't wrap my head around. Among Us for one... I have never seen a plot offered, so I'm sure someone came up with a story. But I just can't figure it out as a roleplay.

I have 2 that I cant seem to find interest for. One is 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. One of my favorite pieces of literature. Exploring the wonders of the ocean in a submarine! Adventure!! Excitement!!

The other is Dinotopia. Exploring an island full of people coexisting with sentient dinosaurs on an island that seems cut off from tine itself... So much potential.

Been struggling lately with trying to find FNaF, Wings of Fire, Countryhumans, and Pokemon roleplays 😤

For me it's Horizon Zero Dawn/Forbidden West. I absolutely adore the franchise, I love the characters and the concept and the lore. It fascinates me and I just want to delve in more in to it and it is SO difficult to find someone to rp it with.

Honestly, if we're talking good partners. Quality partners that put time and effort into each detail of the RP, then I have to say I have the hardest time finding partners for anything regarding Marvel. Like yeah, there are tons of people searching for RPs inside this fandom, but there is a difference between half-arsed replies and an actual meaty RP. I've been RPing in the Marvel fandom since I joined the site, but it's hard to find anyone that sticks with the plot (drops within the first week), or even shows any interest in what you come up with (mostly when doing OC x Canon doubling). And don't even get me started about partners keeping canons in character.

I'd have to say, Trinity Blood, Fullmetal Alchemist, Pathologic and I could list more.
I am a very niche series level person, and most of what I read, watch or play are basically unknown or not very looked after in regards to rp.

Honestly, most of the stuff I'm into until it's like Hunger Games or something.

i think i have quite a few fandoms that are kind of obscure— like, some of them are actually kind of popular but i never see people who roleplay them. the ones that come to mind are: telltale's the wolf among us, telltale's the walking dead, metal gear solid and scream. when i say scream, i mean the original horror film; people seem way more interested in the mtv show. i definitely agree with one of the previous posters about marvel; it's easy to find marvel writers, it's hard to find quality marvel writers.

by the way, i'm surprised that it's so hard for you to find attack on titan writers? that's like, one of the top three things that people ask me for. if you want, i'd be totally down to write attack on titan with you!

Probably The Raven Cyle. I had a couple roleplays on tumblr back when it was more popular, but now it's basically impossible to find partners for it anywhere, which is sad, because I quite like the series.

Fred the Vampire Accountant
I'd love to do a rp in that world, but I have never met another person who's even heard of it, let alone willing to rp in the universe

the english fanbase is so small for this game LMAO, so it's quite obvious why there isn't any people who'd be willing to rp it, but the company 'line game's' game, 'buried stars' is a thing i barely see people want to rp, let alone see good fan-content of. i'm also surprised to say this, but i can't seem to find any really good undertale/deltarune roleplayers, the only people i encounter in that realm are edgy seven-year-old girls who have a big ole crush on sans.

Undertale fans who aren’t looking for any form of romance or just folk in general. Not a romance type of person.

Fandoms and not genres per say I’d add for me personally;

1.LOTR/The Hobbit
2.CSI/NCIS/Law & Order/Hawaii Five-0/Psych/Castle/Monk/Criminal Minds/Blue Bloods

Type of fandoms can be difficult and rarely ones I see on RPN since I’ve been around. I don’t typically start such rps too often so, kinda on me as well. But those type of genre of fandoms can be difficult while Tolkien’s work can be understandable for the most part.

Conaaan. Finding writers who aren't just macho men looking to get their blood, gore, and scantily clad women fixes for it is impossible lmao. Come on all I want is good low fantasy desert setting with lots of murder, camels, and sandstorms 😭

Users who are viewing this thread

Back