Experiences what's the most difficult fandom for you to find roleplay partners with?

Mine was usually Final Fantasy, because I tend to like the games others don't like.

For example: Final Fantasy 13, or Final Fantasy 15.

Now I'm struggling with Deadly Class 😭😭

Gantz. The manga was so much better than the anime. I had a story with a partner one time loosely based on it. It was great. Now, I wouldn't even bother trying to pitch it to anyone.

Most,
Mine was usually Final Fantasy, because I tend to like the games others don't like.

For example: Final Fantasy 13, or Final Fantasy 15.

Now I'm struggling with Deadly Class 😭😭
Final Fantasy 15 is actually really good. It just doesn't really feel like a Final Fantasy game to me. I greatly enjoyed playing it, though. The only thing that annoyed me about it was losing the open world aspect once I got on that boat.

Most,

Final Fantasy 15 is actually really good. It just doesn't really feel like a Final Fantasy game to me. I greatly enjoyed playing it, though. The only thing that annoyed me about it was losing the open world aspect once I got on that boat.
Yes it is. I put so many hours into it even now I would probably go back to give it another run.

Undertale. Percy Jackson. Pokemon. Black Butler. Lilo and Stitch. Destiny 2.

I cant find ANYTHING for these really. And the people I do find use ** and do maybe 3-4 words? Ive found a good one for Percy Jackson but that was after a lot of searching. Otherwise I havent really found anything.
Id do lilo and stitch if your still up for it?

Undertale. Percy Jackson. Pokemon. Black Butler. Lilo and Stitch. Destiny 2.

I cant find ANYTHING for these really. And the people I do find use ** and do maybe 3-4 words? Ive found a good one for Percy Jackson but that was after a lot of searching. Otherwise I havent really found anything.
I have pokemon plots ^33^

I’m struggling to find NCIS, criminal minds and Hawaii five 0 rps. Crave them so much but never could find partners for them

and, to jump on the bandwagon: pokemon, for sure, but not just in general: I have specific things I want for pokemon rps and tend to not get them. :') that's my punishment for having ideas with only niche appeal. why does nobody like hop?!? melli??! wild.
I like Hop and Melli! :D

Anyway, the fandom I'm finding it hardest to find RP for, easily and hands-down, is a webcomic called The Last Halloween. It never had much of a fandom and now it's pretty much completely dried up, sadly.

Outside of that, though, older series and really minor ships have always been super hard for me to find. The Keroro Gunso anime and The Spectacular Spider-Man cartoon just get no bites, man. And DC comics can be pretty huge, or at least Batman-related stuff tends to be, but like... nobody out there cares about Mister Mind/Dr. Sivana besides me! Which isn't really surprising, but still!

I like Hop and Melli! :D

Anyway, the fandom I'm finding it hardest to find RP for, easily and hands-down, is a webcomic called The Last Halloween. It never had much of a fandom and now it's pretty much completely dried up, sadly.

Outside of that, though, older series and really minor ships have always been super hard for me to find. The Keroro Gunso anime and The Spectacular Spider-Man cartoon just get no bites, man. And DC comics can be pretty huge, or at least Batman-related stuff tends to be, but like... nobody out there cares about Mister Mind/Dr. Sivana besides me! Which isn't really surprising, but still!
As a huge DC person who’s a fan of the very niche characters, I get where you’re coming from. I’m sick of the whole ‘bat family’ thing, since it’s been such a big deal since 2016 for rping. Although, I do want to say, I don’t think Dr. Sivana is all that niche anymore, given he’s been in one of the DC films, and he’s been in DC Universe Online, and any good comic fan worth their salt should probably know who he is. Mister Mind, he’s a bit more niche, but also technically has a film appearance, so do with that what you will.

As a huge DC person who’s a fan of the very niche characters, I get where you’re coming from. I’m sick of the whole ‘bat family’ thing, since it’s been such a big deal since 2016 for rping. Although, I do want to say, I don’t think Dr. Sivana is all that niche anymore, given he’s been in one of the DC films, and he’s been in DC Universe Online, and any good comic fan worth their salt should probably know who he is. Mister Mind, he’s a bit more niche, but also technically has a film appearance, so do with that what you will.
That's fair! While I liked the Shazam movie, I didn't really get attached to its version of Sivana, though. I can definitely agree that in a general sense the character isn't entirely niche, but the versions of Sivana and Mind from the New 52 DC comics run of Shazam and the relationship the two of them have in it is one I don't see many people interested in!

(I was glad there was a little appearance again of Mind and Sivana in the sequel, though; I hope they're building up to a Monster Society movie and/or something like the Magiclands arc in the comic...)

That's fair! While I liked the Shazam movie, I didn't really get attached to its version of Sivana, though. I can definitely agree that in a general sense the character isn't entirely niche, but the versions of Sivana and Mind from the New 52 DC comics run of Shazam and the relationship the two of them have in it is one I don't see many people interested in!

(I was glad there was a little appearance again of Mind and Sivana in the sequel, though; I hope they're building up to a Monster Society movie and/or something like the Magiclands arc in the comic...)
That’s understandable, any film adaptation of comic characters I personally don’t get super attached to, although not that I entirely hate the adaptation, I just always feel like comic characters in general get watered down for films and it’s a shame. Sivana and Mister Mind both have great elements to work really well in film, so I’m in agreement that a potential Monster Society movie would be great, and a possibility. I’m actually more surprised they didn’t use the Monster Society in the sequel, due to the Mister Mind Easter egg at the end of the first movie.

They used to be super popular, but as they get older I'm having an insanely hard time finding Inuyasha and Naruto RPs. It's a real shame, because they have some wonderful canon characters that are deeply ingrained in my heart and I've shared in some wonderful stories with them in the past. I'd love to find some new partners for those RPs.

Diabolik Lovers, perhaps because I don't always feel like playing a cannon character, especially since I don't feel like playing a male or sadistic character. Occasionally I like playing someone who is innocent and yet has some fire to them. I need a break sometimes and it's hard to find someone who's willing to accept ocs and not always expect someone to play a cannon.

I enjoy stuff set in universes like FFXIV, Naruto, etc but I prefer the main cast to be side characters or not at all in the case of FFXIV unless your character has a reason to interact lol

Honestly! The musical fandoms themselves seem so expansive but there seem to be very few roleplayers among the theatre community. Truly tragic
Literally joined today, so still learning the ropes, but 👋🏻! If anyone wants to write with any of my muses, just shoot me a dm! 😊

RWBY. The fandom has significantly shrunk in size over the past decade or so and most of what I find are folks usually wanting to write ships for it, but I'd really just love to explore the world more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back