Experiences Whats making you angry today? Rp pet peeves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lucyfer Lucyfer Wanna join my new agency?

1644428873660.png

IRS

The Intelligence Reporting Service

"Discordiam Carpe"

Yesterday, we were blind to justice.

Today, we fight Discord in the Group interest section.

Tomorrow, we may sleep at ease.

(Edit: this is a joke. Staff plz don't kill me ;_; )​

Artist types that are only roleplaying with you with an agenda. Like it's cool of you to offer to draw my character for me, it's cool if you tell me you do art and if I want a commission I can come to you and tell me your business policy like base prices and so on, I do not mind. However, what I do mind is when I tell you I'll think about it, not right now or I'm good and you continue to pitch to me. Okay I get it, you draw, can we talk about this story now?

It also irritates me when this person is clearly not interested in roleplaying but getting me to buy some art and only pretended to be interested to get me to buy art. I get people gotta make their money, but I said I'm good for right now.

Artist types that are only roleplaying with you with an agenda. Like it's cool of you to offer to draw my character for me, it's cool if you tell me you do art and if I want a commission I can come to you and tell me your business policy like base prices and so on, I do not mind. However, what I do mind is when I tell you I'll think about it, not right now or I'm good and you continue to pitch to me. Okay I get it, you draw, can we talk about this story now?

It also irritates me when this person is clearly not interested in roleplaying but getting me to buy some art and only pretended to be interested to get me to buy art. I get people gotta make their money, but I said I'm good for right now.
I had this happen with a D&D group, except instead of art it was a DM selling his services after the first session. It's very clear that their interest isn't 100% for the enjoyment with their partner(s) and want to make a buck for their effort. I'm sorry you're going through/have gone through that.

I had this happen with a D&D group, except instead of art it was a DM selling his services after the first session. It's very clear that their interest isn't 100% for the enjoyment with their partner(s) and want to make a buck for their effort. I'm sorry you're going through/have gone through that.
The thing is, I'm not even mad at the initial pitch, that's cool I see that as making me aware that it's an option and what they have to offer, but once I say I'll think about it, not right now or I'm good then stop. We will still be good after but if you persist we are going to have a problem.

The thing is, I'm not even mad at the initial pitch, that's cool I see that as making me aware that it's an option and what they have to offer, but once I say I'll think about it, not right now or I'm good then stop. We will still be good after but if you persist we are going to have a problem.
Yeah they should respect that you've said not right now and leave it at that. The door was opened and you're aware and acknowledged it. Anything further just comes across as pushy and not great.

Coco Adel Coco Adel so that reminds me of a weird thing that happened on Gaia. They had a section called Breedable/Changeable shops. As the name suggests you were given OC art (usually for site currency or that you won in thread games). These OC could grow and change and be bred together.

I joined a dog show themes thread, it was super fun. At first.

But the Mods were kinda dicks. And got a little too into their own art. So I joined a second dog show thread.

Well the original people acted like the second one had stole their idea and got super pissy. Like I’m sorry I didn’t realize you trademarked dog show games. It wasn’t like the new version stole art or even game mechanics. The only similarity was both had to deal with dog shows.

It was just petty bullshit drama. But Gaia was famous for people staking your post feed and being petty assholes if you didn’t join their group. Or worse you weren’t good enough for their group and called them out on their cliquey bullshit.

Coco Adel Coco Adel so that reminds me of a weird thing that happened on Gaia. They had a section called Breedable/Changeable shops. As the name suggests you were given OC art (usually for site currency or that you won in thread games). These OC could grow and change and be bred together.

I joined a dog show themes thread, it was super fun. At first.

But the Mods were kinda dicks. And got a little too into their own art. So I joined a second dog show thread.

Well the original people acted like the second one had stole their idea and got super pissy. Like I’m sorry I didn’t realize you trademarked dog show games. It wasn’t like the new version stole art or even game mechanics. The only similarity was both had to deal with dog shows.

It was just petty bullshit drama. But Gaia was famous for people staking your post feed and being petty assholes if you didn’t join their group. Or worse you weren’t good enough for their group and called them out on their cliquey bullshit.
Yeah Gaia was one of the big reasons why I was hesitant to even try and reach out for Roleplay through forums. I was looking for a ship RP and made a post suggesting my interest, and a handful of people disliked it for reasons unknown. It's a brutal place for sure. Even in general, I see this sort of thing happen online more regarding an idea being "claimed" even though it's an open concept. And it's hard to ignore it too because it's so out of the blue when you're the one being approached with the attack. It's a shame really.

Yeah Gaia was one of the big reasons why I was hesitant to even try and reach out for Roleplay through forums. I was looking for a ship RP and made a post suggesting my interest, and a handful of people disliked it for reasons unknown. It's a brutal place for sure. Even in general, I see this sort of thing happen online more regarding an idea being "claimed" even though it's an open concept. And it's hard to ignore it too because it's so out of the blue when you're the one being approached with the attack. It's a shame really.
Wow, I had my threads disliked for no reason I am sorry it happened to you. I still don’t get why would someone waste their time, lol.

Having the urge to start a group to but not having the energy to manage so many people. I like group rps, I like bouncing ideas off of multiple people, but I just...don't like GMing anymore, I've been spoiled by having partners. There was time when I was a very good GM, I can be a very good GM...I just don't want to do it. Doing a group RP is not like having a partner, if I get busy with a group RP it's about to die and I can't just come back and pick up where we left off because some people may be gone now, some people may no longer be interested and it can ruin the dynamic and current storylines that people had going on.

When the GM is clearly playing favorites, like certain rules that apply to everyone else doesn't apply to a certain player. Like for example, there was an RP we did once and the rule was that you couldnt just randomly give your character powers or techniques in the middle of a battle that you had to wait until after the fight was done to update your profile or any updates you made wouldn't count until after the fight was done.

There was this guy who wanted to beat me in a fight really badly to the point where he'd give his character moves specifically to combat mine which IC made no sense because our characters didn't even know each other nor would he have any way of knowing her abilities, not ya know, whatever. I was still winning but then he decided right in the middle to just pull out this random move that made him immune to poison that he did not have before. For context, my character had poison abilities. The messed up part was he didn't even update his profile to have the move on his profile but he was still allowed to use it in the fight and when that bit of cheating didn't work all of a sudden now "it was all an illusion" who wants to guess whether or not illusions was anywhere on his profile? Just to cut to the chase no...no it wasn't.

When the GM is clearly playing favorites, like certain rules that apply to everyone else doesn't apply to a certain player. Like for example, there was an RP we did once and the rule was that you couldnt just randomly give your character powers or techniques in the middle of a battle that you had to wait until after the fight was done to update your profile or any updates you made wouldn't count until after the fight was done.

There was this guy who wanted to beat me in a fight really badly to the point where he'd give his character moves specifically to combat mine which IC made no sense because our characters didn't even know each other nor would he have any way of knowing her abilities, not ya know, whatever. I was still winning but then he decided right in the middle to just pull out this random move that made him immune to poison that he did not have before. For context, my character had poison abilities. The messed up part was he didn't even update his profile to have the move on his profile but he was still allowed to use it in the fight and when that bit of cheating didn't work all of a sudden now "it was all an illusion" who wants to guess whether or not illusions was anywhere on his profile? Just to cut to the chase no...no it wasn't.
Why...was he so fixated on beating you in a fight?

This guy had his character end up having his character a canon’s ‘bitch’ problem said character would never do such a thing and the guy’s oc was supposed to be a protector. However his oc did some bad things that would likely would’ve had them killed or thrown out.

He was for lack of a better word, not a murder hobo but a guy who just had to show his dominance by constantly starting fights with everyone and showing them just how much stronger than them he was. He was the type of guy who would bug anyone and everyone and try to start a fight with them for nothing and in this particular website we had been in a few RP's together and he started a fight with a character everytime and everytime he always lost and I guess he was really salty about it. I mean it wasn't my fault he had DBZ logic and I b fair I was far from the only one, but I guess since I was relatively new and he called himself being my mentor he didn't like that I was better at fighting than him.

He was for lack of a better word, not a murder hobo but a guy who just had to show his dominance by constantly starting fights with everyone and showing them just how much stronger than them he was. He was the type of guy who would bug anyone and everyone and try to start a fight with them for nothing and in this particular website we had been in a few RP's together and he started a fight with a character everytime and everytime he always lost and I guess he was really salty about it. I mean it wasn't my fault he had DBZ logic and I b fair I was far from the only one, but I guess since I was relatively new and he called himself being my mentor he didn't like that I was better at fighting than him.
Okay so he's your mentor but he's starting fights with you? How does that even make sense?

People - generally those who like control in situations like in RP, battles, and what not, have insecurities, want to feel like a badass, or are just salty - usually have a high sense of their character, whether this is a constant trait they possess or it's temporary due to other factors. More often than not, any combat interactions will be made to make the character seem way more badass than they have any right to be. There's nothing wrong with badass characters, but the players who make them tend to be rather defensive and protective of their character's image, wanting to keep them looking like a badass. If the character looks badass, then that means the player also looks good.

If there's a good reason for it due to how much the character has been through? That's fine. Just talk about it beforehand and work it out.

However, circumventing a rule (or just outright breaking it) to make an IC-statement of how badass their character is and to keep them looking strong, is something that I've seen a lot in my time playing Pokemon RPs. They are usually riddled with kids who can't handle losing in a game and have bad sportsmanship, or they have adults who act like these kids.

Okay so he's your mentor but he's starting fights with you? How does that even make sense?

This just sounds like a person who thinks constantly starting fights is the point of an RP, or to feel better than what they were feeling. XD Or they are just really focused on fights in general. Him being into DBZ doesn't help, either. XD

So his plan was to beat my character in a fight and then take them under his wing as a way to kind of show off I guess cause I guess he was trying to impress the new girl and thought I needed to lessons...when that didn't pan out it became war apparently.

So his plan was to beat my character in a fight and then take them under his wing as a way to kind of show off I guess cause I guess he was trying to impress the new girl and thought I needed to lessons...when that didn't pan out it became war apparently.
lmao, sounds counter-intuitive. xD Honestly, if his character couldn't take someone else's character, he should have seen that first or talked about it with you without breaking into a hissy-fit. xD

I have had strange urges to fight other people's characters before and it's either just a lack of control in impulsivity and maturity, I was angry that day and wanted to let off some steam and that was my only outlet, or I thought I could take them. XD It's kinda weird, and it's like a weird compelling pull in my chest to want to do something violent. I honestly don't feel too bad that he didn't get what he wanted though, that's not okay. xD

lmao, sounds counter-intuitive. xD Honestly, if his character couldn't take someone else's character, he should have seen that first or talked about it with you without breaking into a hissy-fit. xD

I have had strange urges to fight other people's characters before and it's either just a lack of control in impulsivity and maturity, I was angry that day and wanted to let off some steam and that was my only outlet, or I thought I could take them. XD It's kinda weird, and it's like a weird compelling pull in my chest to want to do something violent. I honestly don't feel too bad that he didn't get what he wanted though, that's not okay. xD
I guess he just assumed he was going to win because like I hadn't really RP'd before but I liked to write stories and I wanted to try roleplay I mean I had role played before but they were like...I don't know if I want to call them little kid role plays? Like I did things like Sonic, Winx Club, Totally Spies Codename Kid Next Door, and Xiaolin Showdown which were never like that intense so I didn't really count it in the same category.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back