Experiences Whats making you angry today? Rp pet peeves

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate when people still expect you to post even after you've told them you've been through a hurricane so power is spotty as is phone/internet. They're like: "Okay. Thanks for telling me. When will you have your post up?"

Dude...

I hate when people still expect you to post even after you've told them you've been through a hurricane so power is spotty as is phone/internet. They're like: "Okay. Thanks for telling me. When will you have your post up?"

Dude...
What the hey is wrong with you! Letting real life issues get in the way of an RP! You are supposed to pay attention to your online commitments! What is wrong with your priorities!

Just to be clear it's obvious that was pure sarcasm, right?

My friend keeps being incredibly rude to me about being a boy even when I've told her that I'm not just a boy. And yet they keep telling me that I have privileges and that they hate me because I look male. I didn't even think I looked male.

My friend keeps being incredibly rude to me about being a boy even when I've told her that I'm not just a boy. And yet they keep telling me that I have privileges and that they hate me because I look male. I didn't even think I looked male.
Sounds like you need to find some less judgemental RP partners.

Just walked away from my Roleplay partner of about three years. I'm not sure how to feel about it yet, but anger is definitely one way to describe it. And, on the other hand, I feel like I screwed up greatly. I knew that I was probably going to walk away from our Roleplays soon, that our friendship had become toxic, but I was really hoping it could be done for amicably. I'm not sure if I'm more mad at myself or the situation, but both are plausible. I actually feel kind of mad at them too, though, because I always felt like they never gave a crap about anyone else's time and I know a lot of our mutual friends secretly agree with me, but none of us spoke up to avoid conflict. Look where that led us.

I'm tired and my head is fuzzy.

I hate pointless anger, but I hate myself for so carelessly approaching this situation and just proving that I'm as emotional volatile as I thought I was.

Don't hate your emotions The Star The Star . They are important and will teach you so many things about yourself if you listen carefully.
I only hate them when I think they're unwarranted. I have a history of emotional outbursts due to one too many mental and emotional disorders. I'm learning to get better with them, but it's been an uphill battle. I keep a journal on my phone to record when they're getting too severe, usually, and I can stop any serious lashing out. As of October, it would've been a year since I lashed out on anybody at all.

I’ve actually been really lucky with my rps lately; I have some amazing partners and have done some of the most fun writing I’ve had in years recently! So, I guess my main pet peeve is that I can’t put my life on hold and just write all day and night with them.

So my partner and I have been writing this AWESOME arc for this RP we've been doing for ages. We've got this newer character who's been making his mark on our crew!

We've had him meet a few NPCs who are important to the story, he's saved them once or twice, shared some jokes, and this backstory between the NPCs is going extremely well, too. We've been legitimately enjoying ourselves.
Until we remembered that he's basically a ghost and is supposed to be invisible and inaudible to everyone except the main crew.

hhhhhhhhhh

Some people just drop out mid-rp and don't say shit. Like, did something happen?
Did I accidentally trigger you?
LIKE, LET ME FIX WHAT I DID WRONG

Broken grammar paired and reaction only replies.

The broken grammar is hurts my brain more than being annoying. When I say broken, I mean forgetting the y in they repeatedly, only using lowercase letters, sporadic punctuation. Trying to understand the responses can be difficult at times, along with being a headache to read.

The reaction only replies are the real problem. Instead of adding to the scenes, the person just reacts to what I did. Nothing to build off of, just the one or two sentence minimum. It kills my enjoyment.

The broken grammar is hurts my brain...
did you know?

When the man for the McDonalds asked and had the mayonnaise and the employee when and the put on the side burger and not when how when the picture was taken it was mayonnaise and the McDonalds

did you know?

When the man for the McDonalds asked and had the mayonnaise and the employee when and the put on the side burger and not when how when the picture was taken it was mayonnaise and the McDonalds
you're right miss - you get my vote.

Right now my pet peeve is when you're in a group RP, someone requests RP, you agree to RP with them --

and like 12 rounds later they STILL are making you chase their char all around to interact, making you jump through hoops of 'well i guess he could follow her because of X reason and y justification even though they haven't met' because you were under the impression they wanted to RP, but apparently they had something else in mind???

Right now my pet peeve is when you're in a group RP, someone requests RP, you agree to RP with them --

and like 12 rounds later they STILL are making you chase their char all around to interact, making you jump through hoops of 'well i guess he could follow her because of X reason and y justification even though they haven't met' because you were under the impression they wanted to RP, but apparently they had something else in mind???
Aw yes! The people who can't balance a loner or other difficult character with the idea of what an RP is!
The best way to end RPs involving difficult non RP ready characters are to just make your character walk away and do what they would if you weren't desperately trying to get an RP started. Then let the other player know they need to figure how to make their character work in an RP if they want to continue.

I don't want to be that person and I don't wanna drag anyone for the type of roleplay they enjoy and I realize that the type of roleplay or character you play is not reflective of you as a person. That being said I've read some plot ideas, not on this website, but some of the premises irritate my very soul.

Like there was a story idea, it's supposed to be a lesbian romance, which is cool no issue there but it starts to take a turn when it's explained that this girl is in love with her male best friend...okay not how lesbians work but okay maybe they're discovering that they're bi. Nope because she can't imagine herself being with a guy, she turns him into a girl against his will so that she can feel comfortable dating him and the story is just about him learning to live with the fact that he's a woman now and being in a lesbian relationship with his best friend.

First of all, this sounds 100% totally and completely selfish and I don't see the romance in it whatsoever. I mean you do you but understand that this premise irritates my soul.

I don't want to be that person and I don't wanna drag anyone for the type of roleplay they enjoy and I realize that the type of roleplay or character you play is not reflective of you as a person. That being said I've read some plot ideas, not on this website, but some of the premises irritate my very soul.

Like there was a story idea, it's supposed to be a lesbian romance, which is cool no issue there but it starts to take a turn when it's explained that this girl is in love with her male best friend...okay not how lesbians work but okay maybe they're discovering that they're bi. Nope because she can't imagine herself being with a guy, she turns him into a girl against his will so that she can feel comfortable dating him and the story is just about him learning to live with the fact that he's a woman now and being in a lesbian relationship with his best friend.

First of all, this sounds 100% totally and completely selfish and I don't see the romance in it whatsoever. I mean you do you but understand that this premise irritates my soul.
Wow. Forced toxic romance of ever I heard one.

Sounds close to on the same level of creepiness as abusive PTSD lover, stolkhom lover and slave child to adult lover I've been pitched.

...him learning to live with the fact that he's a woman now and being in a lesbian relationship with his best friend.

First of all, this sounds 100% totally and completely selfish and I don't see the romance in it whatsoever.

I get where your frustration is coming from, having planned and discussed something completely different, but I'm sure I can't be the only one to think that this is very, very funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back