Experiences Whats making you angry today? Rp pet peeves

Status
Not open for further replies.

I get where your frustration is coming from, having planned and discussed something completely different, but I'm sure I can't be the only one to think that this is very, very funny.
I mean I guess I can see how it might be funny but if you pitch this to me like it's supposed to be romantic and endearing them where I ask you? 😆

Posting a group interest check, having 22 people read the thread, and having a maximum of ONE person showing interest or even saying they will do it. After that NO ONE shows interest so you don't have enough people to do the roleplay you wanna do despite 22 PEOPLE looking at the thread. Even when the name of the rp gives away what the rp is.

Posting a group interest check, having 22 people read the thread, and having a maximum of ONE person showing interest or even saying they will do it. After that, NO ONE shows interest so you don't have enough people to do the roleplay you wanna do despite 22 PEOPLE looking at the thread. Even when the name of the rp gives away what the rp is.
You and that 1 person can do a 1x1 then, might be higher quality only dealing with 1 person, bump them 22 lurkers 😆

I mean I guess I can see how it might be funny...

Sometimes I get a little flack for talking like this, and against my better judgement I'm going to take a crack at it again.

So humour is rooted in the unexpected, or the subversion of the unexpected. Like... some caveman 50,000 years ago was probably picking berries one day and then heard a rustle in the bushes behind him. Terrified, he turns around to face whatever saber-toothed cat or dire wolf is getting ready to pounce on him. The bushes rustle again and out jumps a little squirrel. Caveman probably pissed himself laughing, right?

Well, with that in mind, is there anything more unexpected than a... how do you explain it...? A psyche in the wrong physical form? It's basically the most unexpected thing ever. Like... imagine if you were a druid and went to commune with the spirit of a great old stand of pine and as soon as you addressed it as 'great tree' it ruffled its leaves and was like, "Excuse me... great what???"

Even here, using my imagination just a little bit I'm making myself laugh so much.

Mark my words, one day there will be a sitcom about this stuff and it'll be the funniest show ever made.

Sometimes I get a little flack for talking like this, and against my better judgement I'm going to take a crack at it again.

So humour is rooted in the unexpected, or the subversion of the unexpected. Like... some caveman 50,000 years ago was probably picking berries one day and then heard a rustle in the bushes behind him. Terrified, he turns around to face whatever saber-toothed cat or dire wolf is getting ready to pounce on him. The bushes rustle again and out jumps a little squirrel. Caveman probably pissed himself laughing, right?

Well, with that in mind, is there anything more unexpected than a... how do you explain it...? A psyche in the wrong physical form? It's basically the most unexpected thing ever. Like... imagine if you were a druid and went to commune with the spirit of a great old stand of pine and as soon as you addressed it as 'great tree' it ruffled its leaves and was like, "Excuse me... great what???"

Even here, using my imagination just a little bit I'm making myself laugh so much.

Mark my words, one day there will be a sitcom about this stuff and it'll be the funniest show ever made.
I mean I don't disagree that could be funny, I can totally see it being the premise of a comedy, I can even see it being pitched as a horror or a story of self-reflection and learning out to truly love someone and yourself but if you are trying to pitch this as a 100% serious romantic story which is exactly what this person was doing, I'm trying to understand how?

Because if I were really to try and get into and sorry if it come off as a rant, but it this reads like "I'm not comfortable with my possible bisexuality and there is no way I can possibly see myself with a man despite the fact that I supposedly love everything about you, you know except for the fact that you're man so I'm going to change you to make myself comfortable and completely disregard your feelings, comfort or what you may want because what I want is so much more important that I am willing to physically change you against your will and you have no choice but to accept and adjust. However, I also want you to see me as your one true love you needed along even though I have shown you that if I don't like something about you I will not have a conversation with you I will not seek therapy or try to compromise with you I will simply change it meaning that I don't really love you but the idea of you,"

...might be higher quality only dealing with 1 person...

I agree. You don't want to scrape the bottom of the barrel. Just put yourself out there and wait for someone who is intrigued enough to take the bait. Otherwise you'll have partners that genderbend your character so that they can date them.

Because if I were really to try and get into and sorry if it come off as a rant...

Look at it this way; everyone is different and everyone has different tools to deal with the challenges they face in their lives. Sometimes regarding sexuality, depending on how a person was raised and what not, they might be trying to dig themselves out of a hole with a spoon. If you were born with a backhoe and found the process very easy then it's almost incumbent upon you to be patient with those who struggle with it. That's how I see it anyway.

Not everyone is wise enough to have empathy for others at the best of times, and even fewer are compassionate enough to have empathy when others behave badly. I'll tell you what though; the world would be much nicer if there were more of each of those kinds of people.

So I think personally the whole “change someone against their will thing” is fundamentally about respect and consent.

As what the person really wants is to allow their obsessive character perform forcible body modifications on another human being.

That is not the act of a friend much less a romantic partner.

It would be like someone saying “My character is going to get their best friend pregnant by drugging them and having sex with them. Then when the friend realizes they are pregnant it’s this happy rainbow roleplay about the joys of impending motherhood.”

These are fundamentally incompatible tropes.

As “two people come together over an unexpected pregnancy” only works if the two people had consensual sex OR the non consensual sex happened with a NPC.

As otherwise it’s just excusing rape.

To me the “turn someone into another gender” thing works along a similar line of consent. It’s one thing if the change in gender is random or the result of an outside party. It’s even one thing if the best friend is trans and willingly finds a way to transition from one gender to another.

But that’s not what is being proposed. What is being proposed is one person performs body modifications on another without consent in pursuit of making that person more suitable for their sexual desire. It’s not just creepy it’s the plot of a horror story.

Like I agree Aquanette Aquanette this person sounds like a massive red flag and I would feel extremely gross even contemplating that premise much less requesting it.

I mean look I understand people are entitled to write whatever fantasies they want but it would not be my cup of tea in the slightest.

Last edited:
So I had an RP partner who I no longer RP with and is the reason I have chosen to no longer do 1x1 RPs with anyone under the age of 18 contact me today to rant about I thought I was better than them because I was older and that me saying I was uncomfortable was BS because I'm the adult and it's not like we were roleplaying anything inappropriate.

Umm, first of all, where does it say that I as an adult can't be made uncomfortable by a child? Secondly, the reason I was uncomfortable is because you straight up told me you were on punishment and were sneaking on to roleplay with me while your parents slept. I'm not your parent, it's not my job to parent you, but I'm not about to undermine your parents and I feel uncomfortable having to tell you, you're grounded so you can't roleplay with me. It makes me uncomfortable to know you're sneaking online to roleplay with me in the middle of the night.

Almost everyone I encounter on this site is a child compared to me. But honestly - telling bedtime stories with a buddy's 4 year old and telling stories with a 20 year old are often not all that different. Actually, that's not true because from like age 16 to age indeterminate, about 95% of people hyperfixate on sex and relationships. My 4 year old friend fixates on how a shark can best kill a t-rex. I'll leave you to guess which I think is more interesting.

Almost everyone I encounter on this site is a child compared to me. But honestly - telling bedtime stories with a buddy's 4 year old and telling stories with a 20 year old are often not all that different. Actually, that's not true because from like age 16 to age indeterminate, about 95% of people hyperfixate on sex and relationships. My 4 year old friend fixates on how a shark can best kill a t-rex. I'll leave you to guess which I think is more interesting.
The storytelling aspect is not why I choose not I RP with people under 18 anymore, it's not really about maturity because I've met plenty of people 18+ or not that can meet basic maturity standards being that irl comes first, your character losing a fight isn't the end of the world and not to take RP overly seriously. My issue is, I don't want to be put in another position where someone is trying to use me to undermine their parent's authority and just expecting me to be cool with it and maybe, I'll change my mind on that and just add a clause that states I will not be participating anything like that, if you're grounded then we won't be roleplaying until your punishment is up, don't come to me expecting me to facilitate your bad behavior.

So someone really came out they mouth with slave child adult lover? 🤦🏾‍♀️
Not right out. They acted like they wanted a their character captured by slaver and escape and meet up with resistance RP. But they wanted a nine year old character and I said I wasn't comfortable with my evil ass villains being cruel to a kid RP. So they hem and hawed on aging up until they said they would do sixteen. They first made it clear they were going to stretch out the escaping and getting to the plot. And then just got weird. Forgetting their character was a teenager. Then basically led me to quitting by making it clear they were expecting the slave owner to force himself on their character and I said (censored) no! That was against my rules. Then they admitted they wanted a slaver breaks character via ERP and then their character via love redeems slaver. I basically called them inhuman trash that needed to be tossed in a van and needed to be killed in the woods as they originally wanted their character to be nine!

This is basically the plot to a famous novel called "Justine" by the Marquis de Sade, whose work gave us the word 'sadism'.
Wouldn't be surprised if this person read all kinds of kid torture erotic stuff. I stand by my not so nice words to them before I blocked them on both sites we were on. You don't agree to someones rules then try to ERP. Not just ERP but pedo ERP at that.

The storytelling aspect is not why I choose not I RP with people under 18 anymore, it's not really about maturity because I've met plenty of people 18+ or not that can meet basic maturity standards being that irl comes first, your character losing a fight isn't the end of the world and not to take RP overly seriously. My issue is, I don't want to be put in another position where someone is trying to use me to undermine their parent's authority and just expecting me to be cool with it and maybe, I'll change my mind on that and just add a clause that states I will not be participating anything like that, if you're grounded then we won't be roleplaying until your punishment is up, don't come to me expecting me to facilitate your bad behavior.
I agree with this sentiment. I know some minors can be crazy creative, but it's not my place or in my comfort zone to be RPing with people who are under the legal guardianship of someone else. And yes, if the kid is grounded they shouldn't be online expecting someone behind the screen to back them up on breaking their parents rules.

I have never understood why people wanted to glamorize or write about Stockholm syndrome. I'm not an expert on the topic but from the research I did in response to this topic I feel like the people who want to act that out just want an excuse to do horrible things to people. Stockholm syndrome is a paradoxical condition. It doesn't make sense for a person who is held captive and forced to endure unspeakable acts to have some kind of sympathy or in the case of role playing affection or love for their abusers.

...but it's not my place or in my comfort zone to be RPing with people who are under the legal guardianship of someone else.

What about playing video games? Would you deny yourself playing an online video game in case some players happened to be under the age of 16 or 18 or 21 or whatever number you decide represents your 'comfort zone'? If not, what's the difference? To me, this method of thinking represents a type of arbitrary gatekeeping that makes me uncomfortable. Hypocritical, I believe, is the right word.

If I really get right down to brass tacks, I'd much rather a kid be exercising their creative writing skills in a place such as this instead of spending all their time fragging in Call of Duty or twerking on TikTok.

Not right out. They acted like they wanted a their character captured by slaver and escape and meet up with resistance RP. But they wanted a nine year old character and I said I wasn't comfortable with my evil ass villains being cruel to a kid RP. So they hem and hawed on aging up until they said they would do sixteen. They first made it clear they were going to stretch out the escaping and getting to the plot. And then just got weird. Forgetting their character was a teenager. Then basically led me to quitting by making it clear they were expecting the slave owner to force himself on their character and I said (censored) no! That was against my rules. Then they admitted they wanted a slaver breaks character via ERP and then their character via love redeems slaver. I basically called them inhuman trash that needed to be tossed in a van and needed to be killed in the woods as they originally wanted their character to be nine!
Nine? Tf? No matter how you slice it it's screwed up. So the nine year old falls in love with their abusive rapist slave master? Which let's be honest if they're supposed to break them then it's not love it's Stockholm syndrome and master worship and somehow they're redeemed through...what exactly? They're still a pedophile and a rapist because they're not old enough to legally give consent and what exactly had the slave master done to be redeemed other than what, treat their prisoner like a human being and be nice to them? I don't think that a child rapist can be redeemed, I'm not even sure if they can atone to be quite honest with you.

What about playing video games? Would you deny yourself playing an online video game in case some players happened to be under the age of 16 or 18 or 21 or whatever number you decide represents your 'comfort zone'? If not, what's the difference? To me, this method of thinking represents a type of arbitrary gatekeeping that makes me uncomfortable. Hypocritical, I believe, is the right word.

If I really get right down to brass tacks, I'd much rather a kid be exercising their creative writing skills in a place such as this instead of spending all their time fragging in Call of Duty or twerking on TikTok.
I don't play online video games with other people. But if I did then I would not RP with minors. I don't do sex in RPs but I tend to have evil villains and dark plots. I'm not going to end up being that weird culty RPer who someone's kid was RPing with online.

Nine? Tf? No matter how you slice it it's screwed up. So the nine year old falls in love with their abusive rapist slave master? Which let's be honest if they're supposed to break them then it's not love it's Stockholm syndrome and master worship and somehow they're redeemed through...what exactly? They're still a pedophile and a rapist because they're not old enough to legally give consent and what exactly had the slave master done to be redeemed other than what, treat their prisoner like a human being and be nice to them? I don't think that a child rapist can be redeemed, I'm not even sure if they can atone to be quite honest with you.
I don't do redeeming plots for villains that are on that level. And I pretty much laid out how sick they were in a rant before blocking them.

And I have a pretty poor opinion of any type of stockholm syndrome love stories in general. Or any toxic love stories for that matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back