Other What's an unpopular opinion you have?

Anime was a mistake.

Anything Japan comes up with besides video games is a mistake.

After all, someone in japan just had the brilliant idea to create a live action movie adaption of the Mai-chan's Daily Life manga...

Mario shouldn't be a gaming icon. He's a shroom eating plumber who saves a Princess who can't fight for herself. Zelda is a bad game too. Marriage is a waste of time. Death doesn't really separate you, Divorce will. May as well stay with your partner as a couple, since all you marry for nowadays is to update your Facebook status.

Last edited:
That sacrificing social advancements is a necessity now for economic security .

After all, events in 2016 prove that to be true.... probably more then just a one off " trend" .......

*Edit* :

Seems like its holding true given that Turkey's just given Erdoğan has just won dictatorial powers.

As always, it doesn't matter if your ideology is toxic ( aka racism , xenophobia, straight up more hate ) , All you need to do is sell it to the people that you will give them economic security . .Then such ideology will become acceptable if not even" moral " .

Last edited:
Communism (specifically, state owned economy that are under unchangeable rules set by main government and 1 party) is the key to peace.
International trade will ruin/has ruined society, and is bad.
Ex: The Great Depression

Gods and goddesses from mythologies and religions, even crack ones like FSM or fictional but famous ones like the Lovecraftian, are all real and they all exist. They are beings if immense power that sustains themselves through the belief and worship of their followers. The gods who have been forgotten still exists, gods can't die, but they are unable to exert their influence in the world. Those only who are still remembered but no longer wordshipped are able to exert some influence but can't do anything big. The gods who are still being actively worship are the ones who have active control over the world. They should be able to manifest a physical form, however, due to the rising amounts of atheists and non-believers, they are unable to do so.

I came up with this since a lot of gods and goddesses have many similarities. A.) Most of them were first introduced to man in forms of dreams or prophetic visions. This is the part where a god starts establishing connection with our world. B.) While they are powerful and almighty, they are still subjected to how their followers view them. For example, the greek and roman gods are essentially the same gods, but their aspects and core attributes changed to fit te views of their worshippers. Also, Allah and God (the one Christians worship), are basically the same since they have the same followers but they differ in some aspects tl fit the cultural views of their followers. There's also te fact that Norse gods 'dies' since it fits the way kf life of te Norse (they're not vikings, vikings is a job not a race). C.) A lot of gods are able to produce offsprings with mortals. From the greek gods to God himself, there have been instances of demigods being born here and there. D.) A god's true form is deadly to mortals. Gods often appears as rays of light, or animals, or in human-like guises in order to meet humans. A god's true form is incomprehensible to a human being's mind and contains enormous amounts of energy that it can make a human spontaneously combust. D.) Most gods have life creating abilities. Some minor, some great, all gods are able to create life in some form. E.) In a lot myths and religions, a flood happened. It covered the entire world in water, and apparently, the gods told it totheir chosen people in advance to spare them.

With this theory, it is possible for all religions and myths to be correct while still having the scientific view of how life started on Earth be valid as well. But hey, that's just a theory, a crack theory! Thanks for reading.

The only reason why the N word is such a powerful term is because people give it said power by making it such a taboo word. If people are going so freely say cracker on TV then it should be fine for us to also say the N word without being frowned upon. Either all racist slang should be seen as offensive or none of them should, you can't pick and choose which words are bad when all of them lay under the same umbrella. Want some proof? RPN censors out the N word with "I'm uncultured" but not any other ethnic slur found on this list.

Last edited:
The only reason why the N word is such a powerful term is because people give it said power by making it such a taboo word. If people are going so freely say cracker on TV then it should be fine for us to also say the N word without being frowned upon. Either all racist slang should be seen as offensive or none of them should, you can't pick and choose which words are bad when all of them lay under the same umbrella. Want some proof? RPN censors out the N word with "I'm uncultured" but not any other ethnic slur found on this list.
Some of those are food, like the word cracker.
I don't want cracker to be censored.

Some of those are food, like the word cracker.
I don't want cracker to be censored.
And I can agree with that. It makes no sense to censor out Apple and Cracker while treating "N" differently, mostly because wannabe trolls that come over to RPN will more than likely spam that word like there were no tomorrow. However, all those words presented on that list to me feel the same and have no sort of impact. Lets end it at that though as this topic usually spark a massive argument between the two parties, which is the last thing I want.

And I can agree with that. It makes no sense to censor out Apple and Cracker while treating "N" differently, mostly because wannabe trolls that come over to RPN will more than likely spam that word like there were no tomorrow. However, all those words presented on that list to me feel the same and have no sort of impact. Lets end it at that though as this topic ususally spark a massive argument between the two parties, which is the last thing I want.
Oh no, no! You completely addressed my point. And ya, there are definitely other things that could be censored.
Also, *usually ;D

Also, *usually ;D
DAMMIT
Angery+_0a0cfa25ea794c9ae99b38bbce9d0a16.jpg

William Shatner's cover of "Common People" is better than the original by Pulp.

Confirmed unpopular because I had a friend who refused to speak to me after I said this. Even though it's true.

Overwatch will forever be inferior to Rainbow Six: Siege on every level, and Undertale was a craze and forever would have remained unknown if not for youtube wonder boys Markiplier and pewdiepie

On that, Oneshot was better than Undertale, and used the meta mechanic much better.

Not to mention that it's probably playable on a Commodore 64. We live in an era where we've evolved from this:
226816_full.jpg

To this:
Doom-PCGames-Test-Review-009___X-pc-games.jpg

And from this:
gfs_62790_2_1.jpg

To this:
metal-gear-solid-v-the-phantom-pain.jpg

Couldn't Toby Fox, say, I don't know, maybe invest a couple extra dollars into a more interesting plot, less cringy characters and music, and making a more beautiful game? And maybe go the traditional route of making a game (publishing, beta, alpha, development team, etc.)?

Have mercy on me, I don't know how BB code works.

Not to mention that it's probably playable on a Commodore 64. We live in an era where we've evolved from this:
226816_full.jpg

To this:
Doom-PCGames-Test-Review-009___X-pc-games.jpg

And from this:
gfs_62790_2_1.jpg

To this:
metal-gear-solid-v-the-phantom-pain.jpg

Couldn't Toby Fox, say, I don't know, maybe invest a couple extra dollars into a more interesting plot, less cringy characters and music, and making a more beautiful game? And maybe go the traditional route of making a game (publishing, beta, alpha, development team, etc.)?

Have mercy on me, I don't know how BB code works.
Yea, I think his 8 bit shit was because he had a low man crew (he made the game, as had two others help him with sound and music and coding). The plot is pretty bland to be honest, as I think he thought the whole meta aspects would make it more interesting (plot twist, it didnt) the best part really was the fighting mechanic, though it's rarely mentioned.

Yea, I think his 8 bit shit was because he had a low man crew (he made the game, as had two others help him with sound and music and coding). The plot is pretty bland to be honest, as I think he thought the whole meta aspects would make it more interesting (plot twist, it didnt) the best part really was the fighting mechanic, though it's rarely mentioned.

Well yeah, I heard his budget was a few dollars or so. Still doesn't excuse the fact that Doom and the original Metal Gear have come so far from the 90's to today in gameplay, story, graphics, etc. Should be only two ways of taking down a potential enemy: knocking them unconscious/tranquilizer dart to the face, or straight up shooting someone in the face/stabbing someone. Metal Gear delivered the pacifism and anti war message much more effectively than Undertale ever, ever will. A compelling story set in our timeline (with giant mechs, of course), with believable (mostly) characters and backgrounds, not to mention high blood pressure/beginning signs of a heart attack level of stealth gameplay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back