What was your first roleplay?

It was something village with my friend and eventually another friend. It was like a free for all, no real plot just characters coming in strange happenings. It was around 8,000 posts. 

It was a harry potter rp on Hogwarts Extreme, one that someone starts and you just hop in.

It was a hot mess.

One-liner, first person, canon's relative, people stopped replying....

We never got through the sorting ceremony, as do with couple of RP I had later.

I learned what I dislike from then on.

Mine was in the Lego Roleplays at the Lego Message Boards. (I was young). It was different from most Roleplays here, as you post in individual topics that represent locations (Example: In a SW rp, if your character is at the Jedi temple, you will post for your character in the Jedi Temple topic until they leave). Of course, there were more frequent problems with Special snowflakes and mary sues (I may have even bordered on it myself, though no one complained). Oh, and one liners were everywhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tabletop Dark Heresy. Hunting and killing heretics, aliens, and demons in the grim darkness of the 41st millennium. 

If Im to admit, it was a roleplay when I was around the age of 12-13 somewhere there, where I loved the Warrior cats books. So I ended up finding out about roleplaying online in the computer lab at school. I joined, and rped Warrior Cats.

It was a good rp too. A solid site, with solid characters, and a solid plot. My tomcat Spiritwing (I think that was his name) ended up in a relationship with his female apprentice. Lol

I still remember that rp fondly, even though it over 10 years ago. xD 

My first roleplay is kind of hard to categorize. 

I got started with roleplay by running a roleplay themed event for a pixel pet shop I had created on chickensmoothie. it was basically holding tours over the island the shop was situated on. 

Now if we're talking first like forum based multiplayer group type scenario I believe that was a vampire or x-men themed roleplay on chickensmoothie. It was where I debuted my all time favorite Self-Insert Sue - Amie/Adelaide LeBelle. 

I actually had a lot of fun with it, and it was a great starting off point. The people where super nice, the whole site had like an average of a paragraph per post requirement, and the rules against erotic content where even more strict than here if you can believe it. 

My very first RP is a wolf rp (you know...wolf pack thing, not supernatural). It frankly didn't have lots of quality, but the players are nice and surprisingly no extreme problems. One-liners, yes, edgy characters, yes (mine fell to this category), but never something so nervewracking it broke the rp. Just having fun in general. All in all for a first-timer it was good.

My first "completed" rp is an 1x1 one. Completed as in we concluded the plots neatly. It's a typical fantasy story saving the world and all.

If Im to admit, it was a roleplay when I was around the age of 12-13 somewhere there, where I loved the Warrior cats books. So I ended up finding out about roleplaying online in the computer lab at school.

I think my first RP was Warriors as well, around that same time, maybe a touch earlier. I was on Neopets at the time actually playing the game (people do that?!) and probably lied about my age (yay, more scandal. (x ) to be able to write messages and stuff. They had a roleplay forum there and I hopped in. My character was awful, it was that angel "messenger cat" thing I made up. And then for a little while I was in a Warrior clan on Toontown, but if you've ever been unfortunate enough to deal with that, you understand what a mess it was.

Pretty much all of my writing was Warriors at that point, it took a while before I ever managed to come up with something original. I think I was in a few dragon or hatching stories after that, which helped a lot.

Mercifully, I don't remember many details from my earlier days (though I once found one that I wrote with my cousins about female pirates and me trying too hard to be mysterious/deep). I know that they were awful, but I enjoyed them at the time. I think that works well because it lets people learn what they enjoy without having to be too concerned about making something "good" yet. Once they learn to enjoy it and have fun, the "good" will come in time.

I think my first RP was Warriors as well, around that same time, maybe a touch earlier. I was on Neopets at the time actually playing the game (people do that?!) and probably lied about my age (yay, more scandal. (x ) to be able to write messages and stuff. They had a roleplay forum there and I hopped in. My character was awful, it was that angel "messenger cat" thing I made up. And then for a little while I was in a Warrior clan on Toontown, but if you've ever been unfortunate enough to deal with that, you understand what a mess it was.

Pretty much all of my writing was Warriors at that point, it took a while before I ever managed to come up with something original. I think I was in a few dragon or hatching stories after that, which helped a lot.

Mercifully, I don't remember many details from my earlier days (though I once found one that I wrote with my cousins about female pirates and me trying too hard to be mysterious/deep). I know that they were awful, but I enjoyed them at the time. I think that works well because it lets people learn what they enjoy without having to be too concerned about making something "good" yet. Once they learn to enjoy it and have fun, the "good" will come in time.

Iduno, I always thought my initial rp (though still cringy) was still pretty decent. The character development was there. (from what i remember), and though the writing was cringy, it wasn't AS cringy as it couldve been.

And that first rper, ended up being becoming a very close friend of mine. XD

So I look back on my first rping fondly. :)  Probably not really the norm.

Iduno, I always thought my initial rp (though still cringy) was still pretty decent. The character development was there. (from what i remember), and though the writing was cringy, it wasn't AS cringy as it couldve been.

And that first rper, ended up being becoming a very close friend of mine. XD

So I look back on my first rping fondly. :)  Probably not really the norm.

That's really great, actually! I think most people look back at their old writing and die a little inside. (x

I don't remember for sure how good or bad it was, but glancing through the ones that were still around later, I don't have much hope. Sure the "old-timers of the golden days" may claim it used to be better, but I kind of doubt it. They just grew up and saw it more objectively, but didn't realize that they were ruining it for people who did enjoy it. Thankfully, that doesn't seem to be so common here, and there's lots more to choose from.

I think the worst storytelling was on TT, though. Goodness, what a mess... Get a bunch of twelve year olds together trolling, causing drama, freaking out about who was cheating with who, starting "wars" (in which they all get together and figure out creative ways to bypass the filters and kill each other in brutally overpowered ways), making new characters to spy or pretend to be someone else, and you can imagine the results... The drama was there, to be sure, but zilch character or plot development. I think it was like those free-for-all's someone mentioned.

That's really great, actually! I think most people look back at their old writing and die a little inside. (x

I don't remember for sure how good or bad it was, but glancing through the ones that were still around later, I don't have much hope. Sure the "old-timers of the golden days" may claim it used to be better, but I kind of doubt it. They just grew up and saw it more objectively, but didn't realize that they were ruining it for people who did enjoy it. Thankfully, that doesn't seem to be so common here, and there's lots more to choose from.

I think the worst storytelling was on TT, though. Goodness, what a mess... Get a bunch of twelve year olds together trolling, causing drama, freaking out about who was cheating with who, starting "wars" (in which they all get together and figure out creative ways to bypass the filters and kill each other in brutally overpowered ways), making new characters to spy or pretend to be someone else, and you can imagine the results... The drama was there, to be sure, but zilch character or plot development. I think it was like those free-for-all's someone mentioned.

Hehe, yeah it was/is. X3

And oh yeah, I definitely remember a lot of 12-14 year old tween drama in many of the earlier warrior rps I was in. It seemed warriors in particular just drew in a lot of that childish/immature writing style / characters / roleplayers.

I do remember all that being really insufferable, and hard to deal with. :P I must have ran around 20-30 different Warrior rp sites because of that.

My first experience is quite embarrassing. I first encountered RP on Neopets when it opened the forums. A common theme there was wolf packs (actual wolves, not shapeshifters) and I was hooked. The platform eventually became too limiting and I switched to Gaia to find a partner on MSN. That ended up in a two year long RP that ended up being many hundreds of pages long. It was Fantasy themed with my main character being Elven.

Hehe, yeah it was/is. X3

And oh yeah, I definitely remember a lot of 12-14 year old tween drama in many of the earlier warrior rps I was in. It seemed warriors in particular just drew in a lot of that childish/immature writing style / characters / roleplayers.

I do remember all that being really insufferable, and hard to deal with. :P I must have ran around 20-30 different Warrior rp sites because of that.

I think that's exactly it. I think people who get started with Warriors are, in general, pretty young. Then you have the books, which are decent enough for the group, but not the best for rounded-out, multifaceted characters or complex plots. Basically, you have the evil cats and the good cats, and the evil cats want to be leaders. (You also have an entire Clan that's considered evil, so no room for edgy there). Then there's the superpowers and heavenly prophecies. Anyway, my point is, they're good books for their purpose, but they're written for early-tweens, and people beginning with them may often tend to emulate the less-than-stellar storytelling for a while. There's plenty of potential, it just takes a bit to get to it. Once they've started, though, they are usually able to branch out and become better.

I have to say, though, I'd be really interested in seeing an original, detailed Warriors rp with a group of people who wrote Warriors in their childhood and grown through that introduction.

I think that's exactly it. I think people who get started with Warriors are, in general, pretty young. Then you have the books, which are decent enough for the group, but not the best for rounded-out, multifaceted characters or complex plots. Basically, you have the evil cats and the good cats, and the evil cats want to be leaders. (You also have an entire Clan that's considered evil, so no room for edgy there). Then there's the superpowers and heavenly prophecies. Anyway, my point is, they're good books for their purpose, but they're written for early-tweens, and people beginning with them may often tend to emulate the less-than-stellar storytelling for a while. There's plenty of potential, it just takes a bit to get to it. Once they've started, though, they are usually able to branch out and become better.

I have to say, though, I'd be really interested in seeing an original, detailed Warriors rp with a group of people who wrote Warriors in their childhood and grown through that introduction.

Haha, yeah. Basically, right there.

That could be interesting :O  I havent rped Warriors in SO long, though. XD and i never finished the series, I think I got half-way through this latest one? (unless theres even another latest series.. iduno xD)

The one with Dovepaw as the main char. :P

That could be an interesting rp though for sure! :O

Haha, yeah. Basically, right there.

That could be interesting :O  I havent rped Warriors in SO long, though. XD and i never finished the series, I think I got half-way through this latest one? (unless theres even another latest series.. iduno xD)

The one with Dovepaw as the main char. :P

That could be an interesting rp though for sure! :O

I think it could be! But I think we've also wandered a bit off-topic here... (x

You can PM me if you want to talk, though. (:

@Thalia_Neko @AlbaGuBrath Ironically, my first official roleplay was Warriors as well.

It was on... and I'm prepared to be ashamed for this, various minecraft servers. It had the potential to be run well but the Leaders or anyone important was never online, you had to start your character as a kit most of the time and work your way up, which got so many of them in life-or-death situations even when they weren't allowed out of camp... My characters were... eh not terrible "sues" considering they actually had rules against it. But! When I progressed into more advanced stuff with a bit of help from @juniper ali, it went down hill with no restraints. I'm talking your classic Mary-Sue-self-insert bullshit. I think they were used, what, once or twice before I was brought to my senses.

Now? My characters couldn't be Sue's or self-inserts even if they tried. (But uh, my med-cat is still a wannabe Jayfeather...)

Hmm, my first RPs were on Roblox doing fantasy-post apocalyptic RPS. They were great, and I met one of my best friends there.

My first fandoms would have been Bleach, the anime. Idk, I had a small group on Roblox and we just kinda RP'd what sounded cool for us edgy pre-teens.

i love reflecting on my roleplaying journey *_*

I got started on neopets, roleplaying medieval fantasy. usually witches and cats. Then moved on to roleplaying my neopets, first as "quad" (as their actual species) and then gradually got into "anthro" (humanized). eventually got into fandom roleplaying, and became a purely fandom, canon-playing rper for a while. I loved it so much and had so many good experiences. Had a great naruto group where I played Kankuro, a pokemon group where I played Gary Oak and Lewis (MC from the Diamond/Pearl games), Bill the PC guy, omg so much fun. Played Aldo Raine in an Inglourious Basterds group, that was much later on... these were all miraculously started on neopets, back when you could kinda weasel past the censors to give each other AIM screennames, forum web site addresses, and emails through code hahahaa. Nowdays the censors are BRUTAL. they know me - i post ANYTHING in the rp forums and I'm "silenced", even if it's just "hi" (I've tried it). Cuz they know I'm always looking for boys being affectionate with other boys, which is apparently inappropriate for kids ??? 

got carried away. good times uvu glad i got into it. 

It was a terrible medieval group thread, reason why I don't care for group threads. I forgot how many people were involved. I remember trying to make a story with two others who wanted to keep it going but you had idiots jumping in trying to ruin it, the GM didn't care either.

The two others I wrote with were great, we took our characters elsewhere after.

I don't even know. The site I started on was really welcoming if small, and I joined like... Three or four within a few days. Oddly enough I never did wolves or warriors, instead jumping straight into original content. 

Either mirrored academy (all twins/triplets, in addition to my edgelord emo loner that I forced to interact with others- oh yeah i was gm there)

Time warp trio (edgy time travel fantasy with supernatural thrown in for good measure- also gmed that) 

And a couple free for alls that were basically... Well... A free for all in a specific location. That I don't remember. 

I was an edgy emo 13 year old. I'm glad the 16-19 year olds were nice. (Age limit was 13-18, but some of them snuck through/lied a bit) 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back