Experiences What Was Your First Roleplay Experience?

A younger, less caffeine addicted me started playing D&D with the three other nerds on the island when I was about twelve. I can't recall much about the game beyond dancing zombies, a pond full of piranhas and drawing dungeon maps out of multiple sheets of graph paper stuck together with tape.
You sure you were playing D&D. This all sounds awfully Zelda like.

You sure you were playing D&D.

Looking back at it, I'm pretty sure we thought we were playing D&D (I suppose it was technically AD&D), but I imagine we got so many rules wrong that it barely bore any resemblance to how AD&D was supposed to be played. I've still got my very ratty copy of the AD&D 1st Edition Player's Handbook, which was a hand-me-down from my older cousin, on my bookshelf!

I've told the story a billion times, but I'll tell it again. Although I did do a tad of RPing in places like Club Penguin, Toontown and Roblox (I still sometimes to some rp on the last one, usually just as a "Mary Sue patrol" though), my first real foray into RP was on Miiverse in 2012 or 13. I was young and it was shitty as hell. I migrated here after the comment restrictions were introduced in 2014. And over the years, I've generally been pounding out my style, and honestly I've improved so much since my first rps.

oh! i was the same as op!
my first roleplaying experience was warrior cats on a site called creature breeder, does anyone remember that? i was in oceanclan c:
and then after that was naruto on deviantart. i was super young at the time (twelve?) and the idea of "dating" sasuke uchiha was like the best thing that ever happened to me. ahh, fond memories~

I think one of my first RP's was about Warrior Cats. The clan I was in was full of idiots and just downright douchebags. They also started a fight over anything. This did not happen, but if another clan would have said that they do not think that both of their clans could be allied, they would start a god damn war.
"Hey yeah, sorry I don't think our clans could work out :/ But we could stay neutral :)"
"Yeah no, screw that."

Wow, it started young for me too actually. I was into the Warrior Cats thing too and I loved reading Erin Hunter's forum page about it and I would play the games where you created your cat. I also think that I began LARPing when I was a young kid. Pretending I was one of these warrior cats and reenacting some scenes with my friend at the time. Fast forward three years to when I was around 12 and I started a group of DnD with my step-dad and a group of my friends. I've been on and off of it for years; roleplaying Dan and Phil on kik (yikes, I know. I don't talk about that) and then in March I started up again with Supernatural (the show). Now, I'm looking to take it up a notch and create my own characters!

while i've done a couple before, but the one that REALLY stuck was a soul eater one with a girl named bella. it went on for almost a whole year, and i was in a pirate one with a couple other people too.. man good times.

Can I revive this thread? Lol

My first Roleplay was two years ago on here and it was a modern superhero rp, with a bunch of 14-16 year olds playing. And Our GM like disappeared on us, so it was literally us running the rp without direction. And it lasted a surprisingly long time with us managing to create decent arcs for a bunch of directionless kids, of course their were the gary and mary sues, but despite that we managed to keep it going by ourselves for a long time.

My character was a gary sue who could teleport or something? Fuck if I know. But like if you don't know in an rp, teleportation is an op power, because of the simple reason that if your character gets into a bind their power just allows them to leave. And then I kept giving him more powers so he learned to control lightning at some point, another stupidly op ability. And without a gm to stop us from just fucking buffing our characters into oblivion my guy reached god status. And since we were all young none of the players realized I was being an annoying god modding fuck.

Then I had this plot where his father became the main villain of the rp, and everyone legitimately complied and played along as I wrote an overpowered antagonist into the story for them to fight. In the end he was so OP that I couldn't think of a way for everyone to rationally kill him off, so he just left and then everyone was a little disappointed. Lol

There was also a bunch of love triangles going on, and once that RP died out there were two sequels with different gms where I tried my annoying shit again, but it didn't work as well as before.

16 year old me had a lot of fun with that RP though. To this day I haven't had that amount of raw fun with an RP. I lowkey miss it not gonna lie. I couldn't put up with same childish shit anymore though. Lmao

If this thread doesn't pick up steam again, I'm making my own. Please tell me you first experience, I wanna hear.

I was on a site called Wolfhome, chatting away until I eventually noticed people were 'roleplaying'. I asked what it was, they explained and I was interested, and since I was young anyway I roleplayed a pup with my then online mother. Forgot her name. Dark something. Never seen her again after getting banned for a few days for cussing someone out because they disrespected her, lol. Ended up roleplaying as a wolf for a few years, getting involved in packs and all that. I eventually moved on to other sites, got better over time, gained different interests and here I am.

My first roleplay experience was in a site called DFRP (digimon forum roleplay). I loved that series since I was like, two years old, and it never really left me. I had abandoned it after a while, but after discovering I had missed a whole season and was missing on another, I secretely began watching them, and that inspired me to want to write my own ideas and such onto the fandom (fanfics maybe). I tried looking for a place where I could do that and found several, but DFRP's site-wide mechanics and excellent rules made me fall in love and join. It was some 6 years ago, and since then my horizons have greatly expanded. I found RPN in the first place because somehting extremely awkward happened in that other site and I made myself leave, which meant I was searching around for a new roleplay forum that could live up to the standard set by that other one, and thus found RPN.

A little bit more about that experience though, my first OC was this wise old prophetic type character, who actually started more as a gimmicky paranoid reject little creature that live among garbage and loved it. It was pretty weird, but very fun and I am still proud of that first design (though if it was today, I would definitely have changed some things to keep certain...issues from happening), plus I am still pretty weird :P

Fun fact though, I recently came back to DFRP. Though my main site is still and probably always will be RPN, I couldn't get over my desire to give it another shot. XD

I don't remember the exact first experience, but one of the first ones was a Harry Potter group rp. I was GM and had a few co-GMs, so we split between different story arcs/locations for them to be played simultanously. We had a lot of players there and they had multiple characters. We accepted canon and OC.... it was a rather big rp that lasted for a while, had a separate forum for it.

A bit later I started 1x1 roleplays which were mostly original settings and OC. I barely played group rp ever since because 1x1 format suited me a lot better.

Anyway, my first rp experiences were mostly fandom roleplays, and even when it was original settings, I still usually played villains or just nasty edgy characters. XD

So I started out on a site called chickensmoothie. The main purpose was collecting little animals that came out once a month. I ran a pixel shop where I made little pets that were interactive. I put a lot of effort into world building the species, the "shop owner", the enviornments, etc.

I got the idea to offer "tours" of the island and ran it by my staff. They got me into roleplaying by explaing it was basically just a way to pretend to go to places and interact with people.

I then wandered into the roleplay section of the site and the rest is history.

So I started out on a site called chickensmoothie. The main purpose was collecting little animals that came out once a month. I ran a pixel shop where I made little pets that were interactive. I put a lot of effort into world building the species, the "shop owner", the enviornments, etc.

I got the idea to offer "tours" of the island and ran it by my staff. They got me into roleplaying by explaing it was basically just a way to pretend to go to places and interact with people.

I then wandered into the roleplay section of the site and the rest is history.
So... basically you made a video game?

I am so jealous of you right now. Making a video game is among the things that I want to do but I kind of already have different plans so I can't.

Well it was mostly just me creating/coloring little pixel pets that people adopted. I made pre-made backgrounds on paint and then moved the little critters across their background. If their owners brought them treats I'd put them in with a little blurb. It was...kind of like a video game but all by hand and really insanely ambitious now that I write it all out.

Well it was mostly just me creating/coloring little pixel pets that people adopted. I made pre-made backgrounds on paint and then moved the little critters across their background. If their owners brought them treats I'd put them in with a little blurb. It was...kind of like a video game but all by hand and really insanely ambitious now that I write it all out.
Still pretty cool.

I really had to think hard about this one. If I remember correctly... I think I first tried my hand at Ayanami Rei from Evangelion in LiveJournal, back in... 2007 I think? Yup I think that was about it.

some really cringey Kik creepypasta roleplays with people I met on iFunny when I was like 11

When i was about 11-12 (18 now)
It was on this site called Quotev and it was a superpowered high school. My OC was named Lilly I think and she had super strength.

I keep seeing people say "I was 11/10/12 and I was horrible" and I look at myself and say "I'm 14 and I'm actually halfway decent. I have to be because otherwise people would not want to rp with me.

I keep seeing people say "I was 11/10/12 and I was horrible" and I look at myself and say "I'm 14 and I'm actually halfway decent. I have to be because otherwise people would not want to rp with me.
I'm 18 and I still think I'm bad- or should I say, inconsistent.

This thread is fairly obvious. We're all on this site because we roleplay. Of course, we all started somewhere, so where did you start?

I'll go first.

When I was about 11 or 12 (I'm currently 18), I was really into the Warrior Cats series and coincidentally, I was also a fan of Roblox at the time. I'd never heard of roleplaying until I found a roleplay group centered around Warrior Cats. It looked like fun, so I joined in. My first character was a cat, named StarPelt (Real creative), in ThunderClan with a black pelt dotted with yellow spots. He had the power to summon elementals and had to defeat some generic evil cat from taking out the clan. He was aided by his mate (whose name I can't remember) who had powers that I can't remember. Then, he got corrupted and became evil before getting killed by one of my other cats.

Hmmm....dat's a good question actually. I think me first rp experience was when I was 15. I was doin some casual rp with me best friend. I think it was a Naruto based rp. Most of me first rp experiences came whenever I was fifteen. Another one was wit an old friend of mine. It was an OC doctor/hospital kinda rp if dat is the correct way to describe it. 😂

oh gods. i’m still in contact with a couple of my first roleplay friends, actually, and i get sooo much shit for this.

was like, 11, when i first started. it was on stardoll, and i had joined the group completely on accident- had no idea what this weird “RP” thing was. anyways, i was big into vampire diaries, so i decided to make my first character be a vampire that could shapeshift into a giant crow. then i gave him a little sister. a girlfriend. a best friend. decided that i didn’t like them so i had the girlfriend kill the little sister, the vampire kill the girlfriend. then the best friend jumped off of a clif. this was all in one roleplay in the span of like 2 days. it was honestly so dramatic and traumatizing for everyone involved lmao.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back