Experiences What Was Your First Roleplay Experience?

KyroMontresor

Cat Cowboy
This thread is fairly obvious. We're all on this site because we roleplay. Of course, we all started somewhere, so where did you start?

I'll go first.

When I was about 11 or 12 (I'm currently 18), I was really into the Warrior Cats series and coincidentally, I was also a fan of Roblox at the time. I'd never heard of roleplaying until I found a roleplay group centered around Warrior Cats. It looked like fun, so I joined in. My first character was a cat, named StarPelt (Real creative), in ThunderClan with a black pelt dotted with yellow spots. He had the power to summon elementals and had to defeat some generic evil cat from taking out the clan. He was aided by his mate (whose name I can't remember) who had powers that I can't remember. Then, he got corrupted and became evil before getting killed by one of my other cats.

I am not sure if anyone here knows the chat site called XAT, but that is where roleplaying started for me. I think I was around 8 or 9 and someone would throw out a scenario like: *entering the pub, a cigarette hanging limply from the fingers of my right hand.* I was very curious and followed suit, adding onto it, because it reminded me so much of writing prompts I used to do all the time for homework. Pretty soon, my one liners became a paragraph and then it grew into two and so on. I started to realize, after a couple years, that chat rooms were just not for me anymore. As much as I was grateful for them, I had to find a place to really grow. After a bit of searching and finding a bunch of dead sites, I kind of fell out of it for some years. It wasn't until I found the site Roleplayer Guild that I was able to reconnect to roleplaying again, but I ended up leaving after a month due to low activity from the members. A few years later, I found this website and I am quite happy I have.

When I was 14 (I think?) I got my first pc and I started playing TF2, got really into the fandom and published a few sniperscout fanfics on fanfiction.net. Someone messaged me and asked me if I do roleplays and I told them I'd never tried, but I'd love to give it a shot. I remember I wrote a starter like *sits outside with a cup of coffee* and then my partner replied with like 4 paragraphs and I understood I had to step up my game and write proper paragraphs
It continued for two years I think, until we'd done almost everything we could and we agreed on just ending it. It was very exciting while it was ongoing tho

O.o this looks fun. I love to reminisce. Let's see around the age of ten or so... I got brought into the addictive world of roleplaying via my best friend. We use to do descriptive AOL messenger, forums and chatroom RP. I miss it sooo very much. It is almost impossible to find anyone willing to rp over AIM these days, sadly. :D Either way I will accept what I can get haha.

Naruto rp on the old viz media naruto discussion forum. Was 19 at the time and had never seen anything like it before. I was and still am a day dreamer, so it was a perfect outlet

My first legitimate roleplay experience was Gmod roleplay, more specifically, HL2 Roleplay.

I used to play on my friend's server, and eventually, I was conscripted into the Civil Protection with the ID number: 42342 (Civil Protection officers never use their name after conscripting and rely on numbers for recognition instead.) My character slowly turned into a hardened, grizzled veteran with PTSD that worked as an Elite Patrol Unit of the Helix (medical division) and was later given a promotion to be the Divisionary Leader of the new Ice Division focused on research. At that point, he was so mentally disturbed that you could call him a mad scientist. He was truly deluded.

For an example, once upon a time, I was ordered by the Sectorial Commander (the top executive at the very top of the Civil Protection leadership. The very uppest of the upper management,) to create effective counter-measures against the constantly rising anti-citizen threat. My character went full nazi, so to say, and arrested two, healthy, happy, innocent, and unrelated citizens, then brought them to his laboratory underground. After half an hour of descriptive roleplaying that involved brainwashing and biomechanical augmentation, the results were two, new types of soldiers, both projects yet unnamed. The first one had a chainsaw replacing his forearm, whilst the other had shotguns for his legs. To say the least, when 42342 showed this proposition to the Sectorial, he wasn't happy.

In-fact, my friend, who was the Sectorial Commander, recently made a short SFM video describing his character's disappointment at that time.

Take a look.

My first legitimate roleplay experience was Gmod roleplay, more specifically, HL2 Roleplay.

I used to play on my friend's server, and eventually, I was conscripted into the Civil Protection with the ID number: 42342 (Civil Protection officers never use their name after conscripting and rely on numbers for recognition instead.) My character slowly turned into a hardened, grizzled veteran with PTSD that worked as an Elite Patrol Unit of the Helix (medical division) and was later given a promotion to be the Divisionary Leader of the new Ice Division focused on research. At that point, he was so mentally disturbed that you could call him a mad scientist. He was truly deluded.

For an example, once upon a time, I was ordered by the Sectorial Commander (the top executive at the very top of the Civil Protection leadership. The very uppest of the upper management,) to create effective counter-measures against the constantly rising anti-citizen threat. My character went full nazi, so to say, and arrested two, healthy, happy, innocent, and unrelated citizens, then brought them to his laboratory underground. After half an hour of descriptive roleplaying that involved brainwashing and biomechanical augmentation, the results were two, new types of soldiers, both projects yet unnamed. The first one had a chainsaw replacing his forearm, whilst the other had shotguns for his legs. To say the least, when 42342 showed this proposition to the Sectorial, he wasn't happy.

In-fact, my friend, who was the Sectorial Commander, recently made a short SFM video describing his character's disappointment at that time.

Take a look.

As demented as that is, I couldn't help but laugh at the video

|| My first actual Roleplay took place on Facebook in 2008. I used to run numerous pages since at the time I wasn't familiar with other places to Roleplay because of being a Newbie to the whole community thing but my first Muse was in fact Alucard (Hellsing). My page was pretty popular at the time but as I grew up, currently 20 I started to branch out to other platforms and such but Honestly Most peoples first Roleplay experience is cringy, at least that's what mine was so I'm glad I got into Roleplaying.

It's legitimately the best Hobby I've had.

Earliest I remember was something or other on iscribble i think. Cant remember if i fell into fandom rp first(in that case either Loveless or Vocaloid) or more just generic yaoi ocs. I think I was around 11 or 12? And I am so, so glad that those chats are long gone lol.

My first rp was in a MMORPG called Elsword when I was about 14. In the PVP practice rooms people would make roleplays in them and I was always afraid to try becaus making characters and stories was something I was never good at. After about a month, I finally decided to try and ended up havinga good time despite being pretty nervous. After that, it almost became the only thing I'd do in the game. Due to the game's short character limit though, a lot of our replies were one liners.

my first roleplay was probably like club penguin or toontown. went on to script roleplay before finally making it to paragraphs!

My very first RPs were done on Skype with my (now) ex-boyfriend and my best friend. They weren't very good since we were all really young at the time. I still used paragraphs since even back then I was detailed, but I wasn't very good at expressing emotions. I met a bunch of RPers on Omegle and bounced through email for a few years, and here I am today.

Pretty sure it was a Harry Potter rp here in RPN.
Can't remember if I did rp before that.
And now I'm just a fandom trash, pretty much the same as before but with more fandoms in mind.
*explodes*

When I was ten, I had discovered minecraft and went on Hypixel and made op ass characters and started roleplaying like,

*she punched him and no block or dodge* and stuff like that...

But now I got better, and frankly even now I'm not even good. :P

When I was 9, just a wee lil bab, I rped on the warrior cats official forums. Let me tell you that was some of the cringiest stuff ive ever put forth into the world and I am glad no one will ever be able to see it again lol

I think I started around 2010 or 2011. It was a double my OC x Kakashi and me playing Yamato x my friend's OC on site called deviantart. Ah fun times ;-)

I think for me the first RP I was ever involved in was a Bioshock RP on Roblox. This was back in 2010 or so, and I had never played Bioshock before, so I kinda went into it completely clueless. The month or two it was alive was super fun, but eventually everyone stopped posting, leaving me all alone hopefully bumping the thread every now and then. After that disappointing result, I pretty much forgot about RPs and got on with my life. It wasn't until recently when my sister started playing Roblox, and I saw my old posts and decided to get back into RPing as a form of entertainment with the added bonus of improving my writing. Long story short, the Roblox roleplay forum pretty much immediately died (got deleted by the devs), so I had to find something new. Most of the "emigrants" from Roblox were split between going here and another site, so I was spared having to search around for a good RP site. About 2 months in, I am involved in an active dice RP and an interactive visual novel project, so things are going pretty well. :) Plus, all the extra writing practice paid off, and I managed to get the highest mark in the class for the first writing assignment. :D

Well, a few years ago, I attempted to join my first roleplay. If I remember correctly, it was about A group of students jumping into a portal? (confusing, right? xD) Long story short, I was ignored throughout the whole roleplay, xD

Well, a few years ago, I attempted to join my first roleplay. If I remember correctly, it was about A group of students jumping into a portal? (confusing, right? xD) Long story short, I was ignored throughout the whole roleplay, xD
Sounds like how a lot of my earlier roleplays went haha

The first online roleplay site I was involved in was called d and d online games, now rpgcrossing.com back in 2009 and I remember my first character well -- he was a socially challenged monk called Savelius. Since then I've been across various sites on the net before finding this one.

Depends on how you define role playing. My first ever role play experience was with the role playing game pathfinder where I played a generic rogue character, My first Roleplaying experience minus the set rules was on a minecraft server called Elysium, and my first forum Roleplaying experience was on a site known as Zelda universe in wich I ran a Zelda rp and played a character named Jens who is probably my favorite character I've ever played only rivaled by a few.

I think I was just browsein Google for free reading material after I finished reading the first 3 books from Vampire Academy when I was 16~ ish... and just happened to land on a sizzling Fandom form rp off of Gaia online it was a long dead rp so it wasn't like I was just going to jump in a say hey! But I fallowed the forms a good while reading through ones I liked and then boom. Open rp post your character sheet and play type of deal was very popular with a open world open fantasy. I don't really remember the name. Since the creator offered a really simple skeleton CS I only had to fill in basic info and a picture and that was it! I made tons of friends going from shabby small paragraphs barely hashed ocs it was just fun for me then. However, as my Eng. LIT teacher found out I grew and sorta smoothed out my writing style. Got more in depth went from failing to passing!

ROBLOX. All I gotta say, ROBLOX.
I feel you. I started out there until I realized "Wow, this is pretty crappy." (i was at a decent experience-level then) and I just searched up roleplay forums. I dunno how I ended up at RPNation, but I did.

A younger, less caffeine addicted me started playing D&D with the three other nerds on the island when I was about twelve. I can't recall much about the game beyond dancing zombies, a pond full of piranhas and drawing dungeon maps out of multiple sheets of graph paper stuck together with tape.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back