• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern What once was lost is now found 1x1 Private with Sharkb8

Blair grinned, "Ah! Congrats! Have you gotten your degree yet? I got a late start to college so I'm still going." She was proud of her friend, this was a great opportunity! "Do you plan on talking to them?"

“Yeah I am. I finished with a degree in creative writing last semester. I’m planning on going to talk to them. I’d love to get my book published.”

"I get to read it first, right?" She laughed, "I'm kidding, but I do want a copy when it does get published."
She opened her mouth to speak again but was interrupted by another voice.
"Blair?" Her grandmother called from the front door.
"Oh heck, I got to get back, I promised we'd have tea together, see ya!" Blair bid her friend farewell and took off to the door.

Snow smiled. He hadn’t told her this but he had dedicated the book to her. He headed inside and went to his study where his laptop was waiting. Snow didn’t have much left to finish on the story but he planned on finishing it that night.

Blair spent the rest of the night with her grandmother. Only when the clock struck midnight did she finally drag herself to bed. She laid in the dark for a while, staring at the glow in the dark stars on her ceiling until finally, sleep overcame her.

Snow had ended up falling asleep at his desk around 3 or so in the morning. He had finished the book though at 54,568 words.

Despite going to bed late, Blair was up at the crack of dawn. She slowly rose from her bed and began the process of getting ready, which didn't involve a whole lot. If was one thing she prided herself in, it was the simple makeup routine. Blair considered herself a mediocre makeup artist but preferred the natural look over glam. Afterward, she slipped into a comfortable t-shirt and leggings before heading downstairs. Blair shared a quick breakfast with her grandmother before taking off to her audition.

Snow woke up around 10 and got ready for work. He had to be there by 1 so he still had plenty of time before he went in to read.

It was already mid-morning by the time Blair arrived at the academy. She stood outside the door for what felt like an hour before finally working up the nerves to enter. All her nerves were soon lost as she stepped inside. Everything was just how it was when she first started out, if not aged a bit. Blair found the room with ease and sat in the first chair she saw. To her surprise, the waiting room was practically empty. A couple of younger girls sat near her, but other than that they were the only ones in the room. Oddly enough this calmed Blair down significantly, fewer people meant fewer eyes. And fewer eyes meant less judgment.
"Blair Ashcroft!"
Blair took a final deep breath before quietly rising from her seat. She greeted the teacher with a small smile before entering the room.

Snow headed to work around 12:30 and got there a couple minutes early. He greeted the ladies at the front desk with a smile and went onto his first task of the day. He loved this job. Sorting books was a lot of fun to him.

The rest of the day went smoothly after the auditions. Blair was thrilled to see that it was still relatively early in the day and made a point to stop in some shops and ask about applications. The sun was hung low in the sky by the time she arrived back home. The rest of the evening was spent painting a spare room her grandmother had been meaning to get to, and after that, dinner.

Snow had gotten home around 8 and started reading over his story. Work had gone pretty smoothly and he had actually gotten off on time today. He was however starting to wonder if he should go next door to see if they needed anything and to ask Blair how the audition had gone.

After dinner, Blair helped clean up and wished her grandmother a good night. Only when she heard her door shut did she realize it was still relatively early in the night. She understood though, last night was the latest her grandma had probably stayed up in a while. Blair took it upon herself to finish up the rest of the housework before stepping outside. She paused momentarily, wondering if Snow was even home. A quick look over confirmed it though. Without giving her worries another thought, Blair walked over and knocked on the door.

Snow was just pulling on his boots when he heard the knock on the door. He stood and went to open it and when he did he found Blair waiting for him. He smiled and said “I was just about to come see you.”

"Really?" She smiled, "Well it's your lucky day I guess! I figured I have a couple of hours before I turn in."

Snow smiled and said “You want to come inside? It’s been a while since we were last hanging out here.”

"Sure!" Blair hesitated for a second before entering. Even though It'd had been six years, the place still looked the same. Since her own home was currently being renovated she felt comforted by the familiarity. "Anything changed since I was last here?"

Snow shrugged and said “Not really. Only thing I really changed once my parents and sister left was make my sister’s bedroom into a library. My parents decided to get all new furniture for the new house and leave me everything we already had here.” It was strange having her here again, a good strange though. He had missed her

Blair nodded, taking her time to wander around the house. She entered the now library, going from shelf to shelf examining all the books. "I think you beat me in the book collection." She joked.

Snow laughed and said “I managed to increase my old collection by six hundred or so books before my parents moved out and since then I’ve added maybe two hundred or so more. I’ve got all kinds of books in here. I also have books in my old room and in the master bedroom. Not to mention the many notebooks I’ve collected and filled up too.”

Blair listened intently as she examined the shelves. Her eyes widened as a book caught her eye. "You have an old Peter Pan copy? I've been trying to collect this one for ages! Ya know since it's my favorite book." She carefully thumbed through the pages, this was a book she read so many times she could recite each page by heart. She smiled, flipping the pages until she landed on her favorite one. "To die would be an awfully big adventure." She said the quote allowed. The quote was dark, but it always made her happy. When she was younger she often dreamed of flying to Neverland, even now as an adult the thought occurred every now and again.

Snow smiled and said “Yeah I found that copy in an antique store in the next town over. Found a few other old tales as well, including a few by the Brothers Grimm.” He loved collecting old books. The oldest book in his collection was a book from the 1780’s and he kept it in a glass box to preserve it. “If you’d like, you could have it.”

"Really?" She clutched the book to her chest, "Oh to be Wendy and get whisked away to Neverland!" Blair laughed at her own dramatics as she danced around the room. "Seriously though, I appreciate it!" Her eyes fell onto the display box, "So what's this book about?" It appeared to be an old journal of sorts, the pages were weathered with age and, in truth, it looked like it would crumble at the slightest touch.

((Sorry! I never got the notification for this thread))

Snow walked over and said “This book is one that was written by the founding fathers about their bison for America. Sadly, their dream hasn’t exactly gone according to plan. But it is a good read and it’s helped inspire some of my own stories.”

Blair nodded, "That's pretty cool! I'd love to read this sometime." She traced her hands over the glass casing. Normally, she never gravitated to these sorts of books. She preferred being teleported to worlds of magic and the unimaginable. Yet, there was something about the old book that held her attention.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back