• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern What once was lost is now found 1x1 Private with Sharkb8

SnowAshe

Commander of the Keepers
Snow had always been a bit of a oddball to those who knew him. While he could fit in with almost every crowd he liked to be alone most of the time and work on stories, reading, or just keep to himself. One person that always drew him out of his shell was his long time best friend. She, (your character), had grown up next door to him and was pretty much always with Snow. Until one day she was forced to leave when they were sophomores in high school due to her dad getting a job offer in Miami he couldn’t refuse. So Snow was left by himself in a small city of Paris, Texas. Our story starts when your character returns to Paris six years later to find her best friend.

My form:
Name: Snow Ashe
Race: Human
Appearance: Lightly tanned skin, stands about 5'6 or 5'7, long blond-brown hair, dark blue eyes, usually wears an old camo jacket with a black or blue denim shirt underneath, blue jeans, old brown cowboy boots, and a brown cowboy hat. Carries an old revolver as well in a classic-looking gunbelt when he feels the need.
Personality: Loyal, brave, natural-born leader, trustworthy, can be a bit of a wallflower at times though
Nationality: American
Accent: Mixture of Northern and Southern

Name: Blair Ashcroft
Appearance: 1d329d72fea5a5c5.jpeg
(Blair is 5'4 and weighs about 100 lbs, she has long auburn hair and bluish-green eyes. She is a bit toned from doing ballet for several years. Blair usually wears a pink cropped t-shirt and black leggings and flats.
Personality: Bubbly, optimistic, compassionate
Accent: Doesn't have a noticeable accent

Last edited:
(Blair is 5'4 and weighs about 100 lbs, she has long auburn hair and bluish-green eyes. She is a bit toned from doing ballet for several years. Blair usually wears a pink cropped t-shirt and black leggings and flats.
Personality: Bubbly, optimistic, compassionate
Accent: Doesn't have a noticeable accent)

"Please remain seated until the plane has completely stopped."
Blair fidgeted in her seat. She'd only ever been on a plane one other time, six years ago when she left her hometown. She hadn't cared for the trip then and now was no different. Of course, it was also the nerves. She hadn't been in contact with anyone all this time, for all she knew everyone had moved. There was a slim chance, however, that a few friends stayed behind. Specifically her best friend Snow. Blair was willing to bet money that he was still here.
After several agonizing minutes, they finally allowed the passengers to exit the plane, which Blair gratefully did. She navigated the airport with ease and was on the train before she knew it. Blair sent a quick text to her grandmother, letting her know she would be at the house shortly.

Last edited:
Snow was sitting on the edge of Lake Crook at the Northwestern edge of the city reading a book. He had been coming here since he was kid to get away from the noise of the city life and to get away from other people. He and his best friend Blair had often come here on days when it wasn’t too hot to sit in the shade and read or work on stories they had come up with. Since she had left he had slowly distanced himself more and more from the people he had known forever.

The old Victorian house looked the same as it did the day Blair left. She smiled as memories of her childhood played through her head.
"Blair!" Her grandmother called out to her from the front door. Blair finished unloading her luggage from the taxi and ran down the walkway to greet her grandmother.
"Hello grandmama, how have you been?" Her grandmother smiled, holding Blair at an arms length.
"You've grown so much! Come in, I've already made you a cup of tea." Blair smiled a reply as she followed her grandmother into the old house.

Snow sat there for a little while longer before closing the book he was reading and leaning back against a tree. As he watched the trees sway in the wind he sighed. Paris was lucky to have a spot such as this. He noticed it was getting dark though so he got up and headed back up the hill to where his truck was parked.

By the time Blair had finished unpacking the sun had begun to set. She put the last of her things away and stepped back to admire her work. Her grandmother hadn't been kidding when she said she'd left everything the same. The only noticeable difference was her walls, the once yellow walls were now painted a neutral creme colour. Blair looked at the window at her neighbor's house, deciding she would go there first thing in the morning. For now, however, she busied herself with cleaning up empty boxes.

Snow got into his truck and drove back to his house. His parents had recently bought a new house closer to his grandparents and left him the house he had grown up in. Snow hadn’t changed much except to turn one of the bedrooms into a library. When he got there, he noticed the bedroom light was on in Blair’s old room next door. “It can’t be..”

As soon as she was done tidying up her room, Blair carried the pile of boxes downstairs to the bins. She shoved the cardboard pieces into the bin before tieing the bags up.
"I'll take these down for you, okay?" She didn't give her grandmother time to argue. Blair carried the bags out the door to the end of the driveway. She stared at the night sky in awe. After being in the city for so long, it felt nice to be able to see the stars again. Blair was so caught up in stargazing she hadn't noticed the truck pull into the driveway next door.

Snow had stayed in his truck pondering who it could be when she walked outside. Blair. His best friend. The one person he had started to think he’d never see again. He turned his truck off and got out and walked around to the end of his driveway and said hesitantly, “Blair?”

"Huh?" Blair snapped out of her daydreams and turned towards the voice. Through the darkness, she could make out the figure of a man. She squinted until her eyes had fully adjusted to the dark. Snow? Instead of calling out, she marched over to the figure until they were face to face. "Hello?"

“It is you..you’re back. I can’t believe you’re back..” Snow pulled her into a hug and said “My best friend is home.”

Snow was always a hugger.

Blair was silent for several seconds as she processed everything. Finally, she hugged him back.
"Obviously, I did say I'd be back eventually didn't I?"

Snow released her and said “Yes you did. And I’m glad you came back. I’ve missed you..”
He couldn’t believe it. His best friend was back.

Blair smiled, "Glad to be back, I don't plan on getting on another plane anytime soon." And she meant that. Being thousands of feet in the air wasn't her thing and probably never will be. If she wanted to leave Texas again it would be by train or car. She stared up at the sky again, "You can't see the stars there, since there's so much light." At that moment her heart was warm, not only was she home, but she had been reunited with her best friend.

Snow laughed and said “I agree. No more planes. I flew to Washington State with my family a few years back and I never wanted to fly again so I feel ya. That hill we used to go lay on and watch the stars at night is still there. We’ll have to go back up there soon. How long will you be here?” He really hoped she was here to stay. He didn’t think he could handle her leaving again.

Blair hesitated. How long was she here for? The plan was to help take care of the house with her grandmother, she'd been the only one who wanted to go back home. Now that the thought was occurring to her, her parents never actually said she had to go back.
"Honestly, I'm not sure. I'm helping my grandmother take care of the house. Probably awhile though!"

Snow nodded and said “Well I’m glad you’re back. I hope you’re here for a while. “ He knew her grandmother was starting to get frailer and he helped out when he could. Her grandmother was like family. “And hey if you need my help with anything around your grandmother’s house let me know. I’m living here on my own now. My parents moved out to the city limits. Unless I’m at work I’m usually free.”

“Thank you, we appreciate it,” She smiled. She really was grateful for offer. There was only so much her grandmother and her could do. “What made your parents move?” Blair assumed it was to downsize. And the upkeep with old houses was a lot of work. She was figuring that out firsthand.

Snow looked at his house and then back at her as he said “My parents wanted to live farther outside the city closer to where my grandparents own the old family farm. My grandparents are getting up there in age as well and can’t do much to take care of the land anymore. I think eventually I’ll inherit that property as well. Hopefully not any time soon though.”

"That's neat though! I'll have to visit them one of these days!" Blair stared at her own house. "My parents already made up their mind that they're selling our house in the far future. It's okay though, once I have the money I intend on moving into my own place." In truth, she was sad to know her house would one day belong to someone else, but her family needed the money.
"Oh, did I tell you I got an audition for the dance academy?"

Snow’s eyes widened. “I can’t believe they’re selling the house. Your family has lived there for four generations. And I’ll have to take you out there sometime soon. And no you didn’t! Congratulations!”

Blair shrugged, "I tried to change their mind, but my parents don't really plan on coming back." She shifted her gaze to the floor, "Thanks! It's tomorrow, I'm also going to see if they have any job openings there too."

Snow smiled and said “I know you’ll do great. And I think I’ve heard a few people mention that there were a few job openings there. I know there are a few others scattered around as well.”

"That's good to hear!" Blair made a mental note of that. Tomorrow, after her audition she would go around town and apply. The sooner she got a steady income the more she could help pay for the repairs. "Where do you work?"

“Currently I work at the library over there on Main Street. But I’ve also got a job opportunity at our local publishing company. They want me to come in on Friday to talk to them and to let them read my manuscript.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back