• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic What Makes Us Human- accepting a few more but not many so hop on in and send an application ~(6/8 taken)

But then again see. You run into it conflicting with the adventure survival feel. I feel like pain is going to be a big part of this role play. Physical and mental. Weaponry may be certainly more complex than today but how many weapons do you want floating towards an unexplored exoplanet. I mean I think weapons in space is kind of dangerous *scared face*. So, I'm going to say no pain resistance or super advanced weaponry. There may be great advanced medical gadgets since people are there to stay well till they reach their destination. =)

I was sort of thinking that whatever weapons they have would be under a lockdown that requires multiple colonists to open. It would make the breaking out of weaponry a moral choice the colonists have to make.

I was sort of thinking that whatever weapons they have would be under a lockdown that requires multiple colonists to open. It would make the breaking out of weaponry a moral choice the colonists have to make.
Or some sort of code certainly. I like the thinking

do we have a hierarchy, does the ship have a captain or head officer?

Another great question. No. This ship will not have authority. Again, this will add to dramatics and chaos.. Not to mention that everyone has memory loss of some sort. Survival stories I find really thrive on this. When there is no one to report to. Who makes all the rules? Who does have authority? These are things that will help drive the role play. Many humans are dead because of what happened on Earth. There really is very little to report to. Other than perhaps Mars if they have a base there.

Woah, I really need to get on making a main page. lol Keep pumping the questions and stuff or bouncing idea's. <3

Regarding the alien life that was once mentioned before. Will they play a significant role in the first encounter and how intelligent are we going to plan them to be?

Regarding the alien life that was once mentioned before. Will they play a significant role in the first encounter and how intelligent are we going to plan them to be?
They will be humanoid. They probably will look just like humans or very similar at the very least. The planet they are traveling to is a planet that can host human life. Meaning life proabably evolved the same way. Other than small differences here in there in structure culture and mating rituals. They may be not too different. Though very skeptical of these humans landing on their planet. Perhaps a bit hostile. Adding into the survival aspect. Their technology may be a bit more advanced but its more so that the humans have very little power. Because they are so weak and far from home.

Hmmm good old intelligence questions. I'm a huge space and brain nerd. That's a loaded question. I'm going to say they may seem less intelligent to humans because humans are egocentric to a flaw. Could be great fuel to future drama if someone assumes they are less intelligent than most humans

okay going to disappeared for a few hours as I get a plot in order and my characters

People may have varying skill sets but not official titles. Lack of order = awesome drama

I guess the ship would basically be an AI that seeks out the nearest habitable planet. Nice!
I like the idea that there could be power struggles between crew members.

I assume there will be NPC colonists as well as out player characters?

I guess the ship would basically be an AI that seeks out the nearest habitable planet. Nice!
I like the idea that there could be power struggles between crew members.

I assume there will be NPC colonists as well as out player characters?
ABSOLUTLY! Actually when humans explore space this is how they will do so. It wont be through humans but AI. LOVE IT
So the AI is the superior. DUN DUN DUN but also thank god

OR We could have a raised by wolves feel and have both a FATHER and MOTHER ;)

Name: Jessica Alben
Height: 174 cm
Weight: 60 Kg
Nationality: British
Relatives: โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆ (Sister)
Reference: Personal request by โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆ

Biographical Information
  • Highschool dropout, no relevant academic qualifications
  • Criminal record - โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆ โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆ โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆ
  • Military veteran โ€“ member of Scorch company - lead by โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆ(deceased)
  • First batch trial for BMA โ€“ Integration chip

Relevant Skills

• Firearm proficient โ€“ Marine level 5+
  • Hand to hand combat proficient โ€“ Marine level 3
  • Basic first aid โ€“ Marine level 1
  • Exceptional memory

Area Of Concern

History of mental breaks and psychosis

Jessicaโ€™s only memory from before this ship is a burning desert, the sounds of gunshot and screaming, nothing but red and gold. She has retained her expectational military training, and has a select number of classified memories locked in her head, not even herself being able to access them.

She holds a single note, ragged and messy. โ€œBurn it allโ€, written in writing that isn't her own.

giphy.gif

Okay at this point there is only one way I'm going to get things done. I have to shut off this computer and write everything out by hand. And set a time limit on myself. So. Folks. I'm going to have everything up by five. Roughly six hours. Everything will be up. Information, maps, storyline, second character sheet. Because I really hate waiting around the role play will also be opening around this time. BA BAM. Just gonna happen. Not procrastinating this. Once I have the information up, things don't have a chance to alter or change too much, I like to keep things simple. Well as simple as a space rp can get.

Any suggestions to anything you want added to the rp or suggestions speak now or forever hold your pee! My father used to say that before we went on long car rides. In my country it takes a long time to get anywhere. Random. Um, so yeah I've had like five cups of coffee and I'm gonna pull our some reading material and lets get things plotted.
*rubs hands together*

I also detest waiting for profiles so at 7-8 PM tonight I'll no longer be accepting part 1 profiles. Part 2 profiles can take a bit longer if you want. But you will not be able to post until both are submitted. Don't worry it wont be a long one and some of you already have most the second profile information anyway. =)

See you in a few hours everyone

Official time for opening will be 8 PM standard eastern time. Don't worry I'll have the second profile up in a bit. Just going to the doctors for an appointment.

ooc link is on the first post as well. If you have submitted a profile 1 you may post there. Profile two skeleton will be found there.

The-Sound-of-My-Voice-2.gif

"MY NAME IS ECHO"
I'M NOT CERTAIN HOW OLD I AM BUT IT APPEARS ADULT
"I DON'T THINK SO. THERE IS NOTHING SPECIAL ABOUT ME. "
"I'M NOT CERTAIN WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT
I LIKE TO THINK I'M A NICE AND GOOD INDIVIDUAL
BUT I CAN'T EVEN REMEMBER THAT"
"WHERE AM I AND HOW DID I GET HERE? THIS MAN SAYS HE IS MY HUSBAND.
EVERYTHING IS SO CLOUDED AND SHADOWED. WHO ARE YOU?"
"SOMETIMES I GET FLASHES OF A PLACE. I FEEL LIKE I'M DROWNING. SO MUCH WATER. OH GOD. "
"COULD I SEE MY MOTHER? I MISS HER."

GREY BLUE/SOMETIMES HAZEL, ALMOND SHAPED
BLOND LONG AND WAVY A BIT OUT OF CONTROL
OVAL AND DIAMOND WITH HIGH CHEEKBONES I SEEM A BIT SICKLY
5"7 AT 120 POUNDS​

tumblr_pow634BGfu1xvx3y1o1_500.gif

"HUNTER ISSACS "
"I'M FIFTY YEARS OLD"
"YES I WENT TO BOTH MY HEAD HURTS A BIT DO YOU HAVE AN ...AN...WHAT'S IT CALLED?ADVIL."
"I'M AN ASTROBIOLOGIST I ALSO DABLE IN BIOPHYSICS BUT MY MAIN RESEARCH IS ON THE EVOLUTION OF EXO PLANETS. AND HOW OUR BIOLOGY
...OUR BIOLOGY..WHAT WAS IT THE ANSWER IS NO THE TIP OF MY TONGUE.. WHY ARE YOU ASKING ALL THESE QUESTIONS."
"I THINK I WAS BROUGHT HERE FORCIBLY ALONG WITH MY WIFE"
NO
THERE IS NOTHING ELSE I'D LIKE TO SAY TO YOU

BLUE /LIGHT GREY/ALMOND
BLACK/A BIT LONG RIGHT NOW BUT I USUALLY KEEP IT SHORT/THANKFULLY NO BALD PATCH'S
SQUARE, NARROW, DIAMOND
5'9 AT 165

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back