Other What is your MBTI personality?

INFP here. I've gotten the same result nearly every time I've taken it (a few years ago I think I might've just barely gotten ENFP, but I've gotten more and more introverted with time, lol).

Last time I took it, I was an ISTP-T.

0E555EB4-66D1-4808-A007-556827C1F5EA.jpeg

Oooh! Big INFP gang here ๐Ÿฅฐ especially considering it claims โ€œthey make up such a small portion of the populationโ€. I wonder why this is?

If youโ€™re interested in it, you should look into the functions that your type consists of rather than the general description they provide on the website (eg extroverted vs introverted). You will have both extroverted and introverted functions working together at different levels so everyone is technically an ambivert~
For example, INTPโ€™s dominant function is introverted thinking but the auxiliary function is extroverted intuition (+ 2 more).

I think the cognitive functions are actually so interesting rather than just looking at the letter dichotomies (Like I vs E). Examining those just make more sense than relying on a test, imo. Iโ€™ve always wandered how a person goes about the order of the cognitive stack (Ni, Ne, Fi, Fe, Ti, Te, etc.). Like how would you know which your dominant function was if itโ€™s something that youโ€™re doing subconsciously.

I think the cognitive functions are actually so interesting rather than just looking at the letter dichotomies (Like I vs E). Examining those just make more sense than relying on a test, imo. Iโ€™ve always wandered how a person goes about the order of the cognitive stack (Ni, Ne, Fi, Fe, Ti, Te, etc.). Like how would you know which your dominant function was if itโ€™s something that youโ€™re doing subconsciously.
i'm not an expert by any means but i do agree that relying on the test is unlikely to offer people their 'true' type. I think the main test leaves everyone thinking they are an INFP or an INTJ ;--;

I'd imagine trusting yourself to identify the order of the cognitive stacks would also be iffy. I think professionals would have far more experiences being able to identify those things in other. Still, I think MB is a great tool to encourage people to reflect on aspects of themselves that they may not deal with on a daily bases, so even if we aren't able to accurately pinpoint our type, at least we can do some introspection!

i'm not an expert by any means but i do agree that relying on the test is unlikely to offer people their 'true' type. I think the main test leaves everyone thinking they are an INFP or an INTJ ;--;

I'd imagine trusting yourself to identify the order of the cognitive stacks would also be iffy. I think professionals would have far more experiences being able to identify those things in other. Still, I think MB is a great tool to encourage people to reflect on aspects of themselves that they may not deal with on a daily bases, so even if we aren't able to accurately pinpoint our type, at least we can do some introspection!

Ha ha. Perhaps. Iโ€™ve heard a lot of people tend to shift to want to be INFJs because of their โ€œrarityโ€. But each type has unique and wonderful qualities to them. And I think we all possess the abilities that are applicable to each type so Iโ€™m more inclined to think that weโ€™re more than one type or that we can grow to be other types as we progress in life.

Of course! I agree. I think being self-aware is something thatโ€™s really important in growth and developing a great connection with others. In the same token, I think we should do introspection beyond the box of personality types and boxing ourselves in. I think getting to know ourselves is a life long journey because weโ€™re constantly changing. But Iโ€™d definitely like to look more into the identity construction and the continuity of these attributes and traits throughout a personโ€™s lifetime. I wonder what patterns and correlations would emerge.

When I took the test, it said INFJ. Although, if I used the cognitive stack and based off from the different sites and descriptions that Iโ€™ve read, Iโ€™m resonating a lot more with the INFP traits.

This is really interesting to me.

Thereโ€™s a lot of โ€œNโ€ or โ€œIntuitivesโ€ in this forum, especially INFPs. I wonder if this test appeals to intuitives because itโ€™s highly abstract in nature, as is the sense of identity as interpreted by an intuitive. To bring something abstract concrete to explain why they act the way they do.

For the โ€œSensingโ€ or โ€œSโ€ types, why did you take the test? Do you find it accurate, or better yet, useful? If it was useful, what about it was resonating with you? I find sensors to be usually the type to act now and explain later.

INFJ

I took this test almost a decade ago and got the same result. I was expecting a different answer this time around, but itโ€™s the same :)

Ayy, ENTP here! I know we get a bad/obnoxious rep, but it feels like thatโ€™s such an extreme portrayal. Thereโ€™s some pretty โ€œmellowโ€ ENTPs too.

I've taken this test several times... but always in the guise of various characters, to get a better feel for them.

Never bothered taking it for myself, and by this point it seems like it'd be a shame to break my record.
I already know what pizza topping I am, that'll do for internet personality quizzes.

INTP-T!
I don't think I've ever taken any one of these tests and not scored INTP, though when I was younger I used to discard those results and self-identify as an INFJ. Not anymore, though; especially after doing a unit on this very thing in college and actually exploring the -TP type more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back