Other What is your MBTI personality?

INFP that thinks that they are INTP are actually pretty common.

I think there's a genuine issue with these tests which is that people may not be a good judge of their own personality.
I might answer "Hey I'm awesome fun at parties!" or "Yeah I'm super compassionate!" but ... it might not actually be so. Other people might think I'm a total bore because I keep going on about newts or something. Or have some anecdote where they fell down and hurt themselves and I laughed at them. I mean ... do we really know ourselves?! Can we possibly ever fill in one of these tests without getting a kind of idealised answer of who we want to be? 🤔

I think there's a genuine issue with these tests which is that people may not be a good judge of their own personality.
I might answer "Hey I'm awesome fun at parties!" or "Yeah I'm super compassionate!" but ... it might not actually be so. Other people might think I'm a total bore because I keep going on about newts or something. Or have some anecdote where they fell down and hurt themselves and I laughed at them. I mean ... do we really know ourselves?! Can we possibly ever fill in one of these tests without getting a kind of idealised answer of who we want to be? 🤔

Yeah removing bias would be hard. For many the inconsistency of the test is a death sentence and that is equivalent to the label pseudoscience, actually they are not wrong at all because MBTI did failed at that. I would admit the framework is far from perfect but still extremely reliable for reference from my own experience. At this stage calling MBTI soft science would be more appropriate I think.

Yeah removing bias would be hard. For many the inconsistency of the test is a death sentence and that is equivalent to the label pseudoscience, actually they are not wrong at all because MBTI did failed at that. I would admit the framework is far from perfect but reliable for reference from my own experience. At this stage calling MBTI soft science would be more appropriate I think.

I think it's something interesting for your own entertainment and self-reflection, but I'd be worried as heck if my workplace made me take an MBTI test as part of the recruitment process.

I think it's something interesting for your own entertainment and self-reflection, but I'd be worried as heck if my workplace made me take an MBTI test as part of the recruitment process.
Someone did brought the exact same thing up when I discuss this with them! I think personality test is more of a test of tendency and what your brain likes rather than what your brain can do! So MBTI test at job interview could be interesting but ultimately it depends on the competency of the candidates!

Apparently
ISFP-T

But upon reading all the things it says about what I'm supposed to be like (especially under relationships.) I do not agree at all!

Someone did brought the exact same thing up when I discuss this with them! I think personality test is more of a test of tendency and what your brain likes rather than what your brain can do! So MBTI test at job interview could be interesting but ultimately it depends on the competency of the candidates!
I mean the test doesn't work if you lie, which would be what you'd wanna do to make sure your employer looks up to you.

I get different results everytime I take this.
This time, it was INTJ-T.
Not that I believe in these tests really

Why is that?
I mean, looking at it super superficially, they simply seem to be the most productive and smarter types, not near the end all be all, but having a strong J function is generally going to be an advantage when making decisions.

INTJ-A. Pretty consistent over the years, besides the times of hitting ENTJ-A. Though I can at least admit emotion is a powerful tool and worth understanding and using if within moderation. Viewing the two, I feel more inclined to mix and match the varied elements, akin to what some others might be caught doing.

Fun to do though, regardless of validity. Doesn't account things like pure apathy and etc though.

INTP-T, but I'm not really sure if I buy into MBTI types. I'm more of an ambivert than an introvert or extrovert. I would say that the rest of the traits apply though.

INTP-T, but I'm not really sure if I buy into MBTI types. I'm more of an ambivert than an introvert or extrovert. I would say that the rest of the traits apply though.
If you’re interested in it, you should look into the functions that your type consists of rather than the general description they provide on the website (eg extroverted vs introverted). You will have both extroverted and introverted functions working together at different levels so everyone is technically an ambivert~
For example, INTP’s dominant function is introverted thinking but the auxiliary function is extroverted intuition (+ 2 more).

ENTP! Where are my extraverts at? I personally feel like an ambivert

Same tbh. I identify more with the extrovert results I get from the tests (ENTP with slight ENFP leanings) but I always test very near the pivot point. For a nerd I'm pretty extroverted but in the grand scheme of things probably not.

hope you don't mind me dropping in on this but i love mbti-

i'm an intp ^^

ENFP-T, and honestly so proud of myself- used to be painfully introverted and shy, but I feel like I learned a lot during the last year. I'm happy! ^-^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back