• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic What Do You Mean Experiments Can Go Wrong?

tiffasaurus

So here's my pitch.
Aliens.
Not just plain old aliens though. The characters in this role play will be half human/half alien hybrids.
In the thread, "What Do You Mean Experiments Can Go Wrong" the alien DNA in your character can come from whatever type you desire just so long as there is a preexisting source describing the alien and its abilities. The only type of alien that is unacceptable is necromorphs. Although it is a splendid game, we are not having a Dead Space-esque sub-plot. Sorry.

Background for the story
It's a few hundred years in the future, and luckily humanity got it's stuff together just enough to preserve the planet past the threat of potentially irreversible climate damage back between the 2010's and 2030's. Unfortunately, humans are still just a tiddle bit stupid and some scientists decided to mix human and alien DNA together to make super soldiers. Even though there are plenty of movies and video games showing exactly why interfering with aliens is a bad idea. In this thread our characters are going to be attempting to escape whatever underground lab or space station they're in because they've been experimented on their whole lives, and they're sick of it. They feel human, but they have not been treated with any human kindness ever and they don't even know what it's like outside, so they're going to bust the h*ck out.

This isn't really for signing up. More just to see if anyone would want to take part in this story line. Kinda hoping to get at least eight people in on it so we have four boys and four girls. Or a different ratio. We'll see when we get there. I have an exceptionally rough idea for this story, so if any of y'all that are interested would like to help build on this I'm 100% open to any ideas for stuff.

Let me know if you're interested.​

Last edited:
I would for sure be interested. I can co-gm/do discord building if it would help. I'm not the best lore-builder but I can help try and figure something out.

I have a very specific idea for a character, but that would imply certain things about the nature of "aliens". Interested nonetheless.

I would for sure be interested. I can co-gm/do discord building if it would help. I'm not the best lore-builder but I can help try and figure something out.

Sounds good to me. I don't have a discord account though, so maybe we could just do an ooc?

What did you have in mind for your character?
Have you ever heard of Phyrexians? From magic the gathering, "Zombie Cyborgs" who invade other planes. They aren't too magic related, they just like turning people into more "Zombie Cyborgs" with their "Zombie Cyborg Oil" known as Ichor, or Glistening Oil, or Phyrexian Oil, etc. etc.

Scientists could theoretically have gotten some of this phyrexian oil, and used it to make themselves a human-phyrexian hybrid of man and machine.

Just to start off this chain of replies, sorry I didn't respond sooner! I had to go out of town Monday night and didn't get back until now.

Have you ever heard of Phyrexians? From magic the gathering, "Zombie Cyborgs" who invade other planes. They aren't too magic related, they just like turning people into more "Zombie Cyborgs" with their "Zombie Cyborg Oil" known as Ichor, or Glistening Oil, or Phyrexian Oil, etc. etc.

Scientists could theoretically have gotten some of this phyrexian oil, and used it to make themselves a human-phyrexian hybrid of man and machine.

That's a completely acceptable and super cool character idea as long as they're not super OP. Not trying to assume that you would, just trying to clarify.

Neato!

Sounds like fun. I'm in.
Hooray!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back