Other What do you consider to be paradise?

Zombocalypse

Quintessential Badboy
What do you consider to be paradise?

Personally, paradise for me is a place with endless servings of roasted duck, a weightlifting gym, and the companionship of many pretty ladies. I hope that when Jesus takes me to paradise after my death, he'd put me in a place where I could at least do what I love... Lift weights for all eternity. lol.

What's yours?

For me, as a kemetic,after my heart is (presumably given the thumbs up) judged I can enter Duat. Often, the Osirian Field of Reeds where I can work an occupation there, promote Ma'at (essentially truth and godlessness) and be beside my Gods. It's like an extension of your life, where you can be closer to the Gods and so forth. Being beside my Gods is what I conciser to be paradise. 

For me, as a kemetic,after my heart is (presumably given the thumbs up) judged I can enter Duat. Often, the Osirian Field of Reeds where I can work an occupation there, promote Ma'at (essentially truth and godlessness) and be beside my Gods. It's like an extension of your life, where you can be closer to the Gods and so forth. Being beside my Gods is what I conciser to be paradise. 

What exactly is your religion? I don't think I've ever heard of it before.

Would you care to enlighten me, please? :)

What exactly is your religion? I don't think I've ever heard of it before.

Would you care to enlighten me, please? :)

Kemeticsm is the following of the Ancient Egyptian Gods. There's variations (between if you believe all gods are the same deity, just different aspects of them, like the Holy Trinity, or if they are all separate entities). Modern Kemetic practice varies between person to person, since there's isn't a set path. There's a stricter version called "Kemetic Orthydox" that has more rules and guides people more, but I don't practice that so I can't speak much about it. 

For me, my practice is working with my gods, who are forming me to be a better person. I give them offerings & my love, and I also promote Ma'at. It's justice and the truth, goodness and holiness all in one. Kemetics believe the world needs Ma'at to ensure order and the well being of their fellow man, and that the Gods need it as well. 

When I kick the bucket I don't know what would happen, but if I had to discuss outside of religion and just make a hypothetical paradise, well, Nassau gets pretty damn close. Gentle breeze, palm tree hammocks, crystal blue ocean waves lapping at your feet, and a fantastical melody of island adventure blaring throughout my personal favorite part of the island: margaritaville. Can you blame me though? There's a bar and grille next to a massive pool and another bar in the pool. 

so deities, if I'm on the nice list when I kick the bucket please drop my soul in a beach chair and grab me a pina colada, Thanks.

Far away from everyone else, always snowing and about 15-20 below zero. A small cabin in the woods with a mighty fireplace always burning. A hot cup of coffee, black as my soul and a neverending list of books. Soft muaic in the background, though changing with the pase of the text.

I don't cry for much. Though I would like a gym to always be open for me and a want to live, bur those would only be a golden edge of my cloud.

A place where my favorite fictional boys surround me, I have all the anime I could ever watch and all the books I could ever read, and bacon is unlimited.

A world where you don't need 250 posts to make a HP.

Just kidding.

Uh... I like rain. And tea. And playing LoZ: SS.

So... Put all those together.

Don't need a paradise per se. Let me roam the endlessness of the universe(s) and give le the knowledge of all things. 

Maybe collecting knowledge is your own version of paradise?

I think everyone in the world desires paradise. I've never met a single person in the world who clearly had no desire of a better life. There's a lot to improve...

A world where I control everything.

That's actually one of my biggest nightmares. Because if that was the case, there would be no challenge in my life, whatsoever.

I will admit that I like being challenged to the point of near-death. It's my own version of ecstasy. lol...

a secluded place with lots of warm, snuggly cats where my black hair dye doesn't wash out within a day and i can be alone and at peace. books, music, solitude, maybe an adorable kitten that never grows up...

a secluded place with lots of warm, snuggly cats where my black hair dye doesn't wash out within a day and i can be alone and at peace. books, music, solitude, maybe an adorable kitten that never grows up...

I find grown cats to be better pets than tiny kittens.

Tiny kittens are sooo fragile. You can't fully hug them without breaking their bones or something.

Paradise for me isn't a place, maybe closer to an ideal... Somewhere stress-free,with nothing to worry about accept whatever I feel my attention requires, so whether it be food, gaming, books, music, or this site, that is what I can sit down and focus on. Also good loyal friends never hurt. But if I were to put it in a location... My current house is fine as it is, but maybe move it somewhere more relaxed, like the American Midwest, a nice little prairie for my home.

Paradise for me is a world in which man is united. That's all paradise ever could be. A world in which there are no wars, no conflict, no brainless monkeys killing each other over small pieces of land or black gold or riches. It can't exist, but it's what paradise is.

Maybe collecting knowledge is your own version of paradise?

I think everyone in the world desires paradise. I've never met a single person in the world who clearly had no desire of a better life. There's a lot to improve...

I don't know if it is desire. I see problems and make plans to fix them. :) I see a lack of knowledge and seek to acquire it. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back