• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Nation Building What Arises (OPEN - Two Years Into a Zombie Apocalypse)

Wickedkent said:
Pandemic Military Resistance
How/When formed:The PMR Was Formed When The US Government Collapsed, When A General Rallied All Of What Remained Of The U.S. Army. Their Main Objective Is To Save As Many Civilians As Possible And Retake The US.

How survived this long/How currently functions (including safety, waste removal, getting food, etc):The PMR HQ Is In A Remote Base In California, With Outposts At The Outskirts Of Tallahassee, Washington D.C. New York, Phoenix, Oklahoma, Colorado, And Madison. The PMR Have Stock Pile Of Food And Water From The Reserves Of The Military, They Get Electricity From The Wind Turbines In California, And Solar Panels. However They Do Continue To Scavenge For Gas As It Is Essential For Them.

Group abilities/General Resources:The PMR Controls The Former Military Systems Giving Them Access To Vital Military Informations, They Also Have Access To 1 Communication Satellite And 2 Surveillance Satellites. They Have Tons Of Food And Water Reserves That Would Last Them Another 2 Years Or So. Their Oil Reserves Are Running Low So They Continue To Scavenge For Some, And Does Their Best To Not Use Any From Their Reserve.

Military Assets Of The PMR

3 Satellites

32,000 Soldiers

500 Vehicles

-120 BTR

-35 Abrams Tank

-85 Stryker

-125 Humvees

-135 Other Transport Vehicles

40 Transport Planes

-25 C-130

-15 C5 Galaxy

61 Attack Planes

-25 F-22 Fighter Jets

-5 AC-130

-5 B-52 Stratofortress

-15 F-16 Fighting Falcon

-10 F-15E Strike Eagle

-1 E4 Airborne strategic Command And Control post

100 Choppers

-25 Chinooks

-10 Apache

-25 MH-6/AH-6 Little Bird

-10 Cobra

-20 Blackhawk

-10 Hind

25 UAV

-10 Control And Surveillance

-15 Attack

1 Aircraft Carrier

5 Destroyers

2 Battleship

3 Frigrates

4 Cruisers

Group attitude towards meeting others: The PMR Wants To Meet, And Save As Many Civilians As Possible, However They Follow Protocols And Strip Any Civilians Of Any Belongings They Have, And Check Them If They Are Infected. The PMR Also Do Not Tolerate Bandits, And Will K.O.S.

However, In An Event Of A Breach In Any Of The Facilities, A Code Red Would Be Inflicted, And All Non-Military Personnel Would Be Quarantined.

Group Structure:

The Military Chain Of Command Was Broken When The Government Collapsed, So General Charles Leads The Entirety Of The PMR.

List of characters

General Charles- The General Who Rallied The Remnants Of The Military, He Leads The Pandemic Military Resistance. He Is Strict When It Comes To The Behavior, Instructions, And How His Soldiers Follow Protocols.

Director Clovis- Clovis Was The Former Director Of The C.I.A. He Was Hiding On One Of The C.I.A. Underground Monitoring Bunkers Along With His Staff When They Received News That The Military Are Being Reorganized And Forming A Resistance, So They Immediately Contacted Them And Left The Bunker. All C.I.A. Information Was Handed To The Military

Colonel Vergus- A Colonel Of The Military, He Is Currently Supervising The Second Most Important Facility Of The PMR, Which Is The Tallahassee Base.

Major Edward- A Major Of The Military, He Is Currently Supervising The Base At Madison.

General Paul- A General Of The Military, He Is Currently Supervising The Base At Colorado, And Is The Second In Command Of The PMR.

Colonel Brielle- A Colonel Of The Military, He Is Currently Supervising The Base At Phoenix.

Major Luis- A Major Of The Military, He Is Currently Supervising The Base At New York.

General Abraham- A General Of The Military, He Is Currently Supervising The Base At Washington D.C.

Admiral Jeremiah- An Admiral Of The Navy, He Commands The Remnants Of The Former Navy.

Just saw your new military.

How do you keep all those vehicles fueled? If you're running out, either the vast majority will stop really soon, or you have a REALLY good system for getting fuel.

Also, how are they going to collect other members of the US? They have enough food to feed 32 000 for two years. How the hell are they going to find enough to feed 32 000 people on a regular basis, when food production has stopped?

Bwahaha said:
Are there any drawbacks from using facilities meant for a different type of disaster? Are there drawbacks from them being so old? Is there any overpopulation? Any rebellion?
If there aren't any issues, then there isn't conflict, and it isn't as fun to write and read. Certainly not as fun to role-play when someone is very OP.

Like I said in the original post in 'Main,' no all-powerful characters/societies. You can have an unbeatable military, but then you need to have some flaws in other areas.
I just gave you several flaws, we don't have much on communication, we can make our own fuel but it is a long process to make, all facilities like I stated are basically fallout bunkers and there positioned in area's where earthquakes are never or rarely happened. Rebellion is futile considering that most of these people are alive because they followed the code and rules. overpopulation I just stated was kept under watch and if it does get overcrowded then some people are sent out to set up outpost in the outside world to make or find there own food and such but are still kept in contact. Certain resources and regulation are needed to make this corporation functioning.

[QUOTE="general ostruppen]I just gave you several flaws, we don't have much on communication, we can make our own fuel but it is a long process to make, all facilities like I stated are basically fallout bunkers and there positioned in area's where earthquakes are never or rarely happened. Rebellion is futile considering that most of these people are alive because they followed the code and rules. overpopulation I just stated was kept under watch and if it does get overcrowded then some people are sent out to set up outpost in the outside world to make or find there own food and such but are still kept in contact. Certain resources and regulation are needed to make this corporation functioning.

[/QUOTE]
I also just read the thing again and it says you're making an experimental weapon in America. I just have a feeling this might not be good for the roleplay. Especially since you could roll over every faction with just ground forces alone.

Pat said:
I also just read the thing again and it says you're making an experimental weapon in America. I just have a feeling this might not be good for the roleplay. Especially since you could roll over every faction with just ground forces alone.
Thats why there is a GM to notify me what to change, its a company that makes weapons and works in the medical department since 1941 and started going for medical since the 1970's. Of course its going to be somewhat tough but its not like they can fuel every single vehicle they have, plus were more of operations type then a send everything we got to take a city type. We operate in small teams and only use the big guns if were being threatened by a larger faction with similar firepower but only necessary considering the lack of resources for vehicles and maintenance.

Last edited by a moderator:
[QUOTE="general ostruppen]Thats why there is a GM to notify me what to change, its a company that makes weapons and works in the medical department since 1941 and started going for medical since the 1970's. Of course its going to be somewhat tough but its not like they can fuel every single vehicle they have, plus were more of operations type then a send everything we got to take a city type. We operate in small teams and only use the big guns if were being threatened by a larger faction with similar firepower but only necessary considering the lack of resources for vehicles and maintenance.

[/QUOTE]
Yeah. The thing is, you could still kill everybody. Anybody that somehow harms you, is going to be ROFL stomped. And actually, was this based off Umbrella Corp? Oh, and it takes a nation to notice the little editing you do to sneak past a likely catastrophic VUNDERGUN past a GM, as I'm pretty sure that wasn't in the original post, or the one she/he read.

Pat said:
Yeah. The thing is, you could still kill everybody. Anybody that somehow harms you, is going to be ROFL stomped. And actually, was this based off Umbrella Corp? Oh, and it takes a nation to notice the little editing you do to sneak past a likely catastrophic VUNDERGUN past a GM, as I'm pretty sure that wasn't in the original post, or the one she/he read.
first of what is Vundergun? second yes it is based off of Umbrella corp except I didn't cause this and Umbrella was heavily invested in the medical department and bioweapons unlike mine that was just making profits off of war. Plus my troops aren't like navy seal solders, like 80% of these guys are just security soldiers that have stayed loyal since the outbreak, the rest are mercs and old soldiers with actual combat experience across the world.

[QUOTE="general ostruppen]first of what is Vundergun? second yes it is based off of Umbrella corp except I didn't cause this and Umbrella was heavily invested in the medical department and bioweapons unlike mine that was just making profits off of war. Plus my troops aren't like navy seal solders, like 80% of these guys are just security soldiers that have stayed loyal since the outbreak, the rest are mercs and old soldiers with actual combat experience across the world.

[/QUOTE]
Incredibly skilled combat experience across the world. Since we can't kill characters without permission, that basically means that any operations your characters take part in against any faction or any odds will come out a success. Since they're regular Mary Sues it looks like.

Seriously, battle tanks too? Powerful vehicles of all sorts?

At least my CDC soldiers don't have much protection other than a hazmat suit, which at best could survive one or two 9mm rounds and under before being punctured, that and two humvees which still could be taken down by ANY group with enough ingenuity.

Pat said:
Incredibly skilled combat experience across the world. Since we can't kill characters without permission, that basically means that any operations your characters take part in against any faction or any odds will come out a success. Since they're regular Mary Sues it looks like.
Seriously, battle tanks too? Powerful vehicles of all sorts?

At least my CDC soldiers don't have much protection other than a hazmat suit, which at best could survive one or two 9mm rounds and under before being punctured, that and two humvees which still could be taken down by ANY group with enough ingenuity.
Money was power before, also wouldn't that mean the same for your characters if they were going up some regular security dudes or you guys infiltrating to one of my facilities. Also isn't there a faction that has freakin fighter jets? Cause over all the things I have, that jet fighter overpowers all what I have.

[QUOTE="general ostruppen]I just gave you several flaws, we don't have much on communication, we can make our own fuel but it is a long process to make, all facilities like I stated are basically fallout bunkers and there positioned in area's where earthquakes are never or rarely happened. Rebellion is futile considering that most of these people are alive because they followed the code and rules. overpopulation I just stated was kept under watch and if it does get overcrowded then some people are sent out to set up outpost in the outside world to make or find there own food and such but are still kept in contact. Certain resources and regulation are needed to make this corporation functioning.

[/QUOTE]
The communication doesn't seem like a large issue within each base. Fuel-making may be a long process, and that is an issue, but it isn't a large enough issue to balance out your massive military. Your group wouldn't have any external struggle, so they need to have a lot internally.

Bwahaha said:
The communication doesn't seem like a large issue within each base. Fuel-making may be a long process, and that is an issue, but it isn't a large enough issue to balance out your massive military. Your group wouldn't have any external struggle, so they need to have a lot internally.
Ok so what sort of internal issue would you suggest?

Wickedkent said:
Pandemic Military Resistance
How/When formed:The PMR Was Formed When The US Government Collapsed, When A General Rallied All Of What Remained Of The U.S. Army. Their Main Objective Is To Save As Many Civilians As Possible And Retake The US.

How survived this long/How currently functions (including safety, waste removal, getting food, etc):The PMR HQ Is In A Remote Base In California, With Outposts At The Outskirts Of Tallahassee, Washington D.C. New York, Phoenix, Oklahoma, Colorado, And Madison. The PMR Have Stock Pile Of Food And Water From The Reserves Of The Military, They Get Electricity From The Wind Turbines In California, And Solar Panels. However They Do Continue To Scavenge For Gas As It Is Essential For Them.

Group abilities/General Resources:The PMR Controls The Former Military Systems Giving Them Access To Vital Military Informations, They Also Have Access To 1 Communication Satellite And 2 Surveillance Satellites. They Have Tons Of Food And Water Reserves That Would Last Them Another 2 Years Or So. Their Oil Reserves Are Running Low So They Continue To Scavenge For Some, And Does Their Best To Not Use Any From Their Reserve.

Military Assets Of The PMR

3 Satellites

32,000 Soldiers

500 Vehicles

-120 BTR

-35 Abrams Tank

-85 Stryker

-125 Humvees

-135 Other Transport Vehicles

40 Transport Planes

-25 C-130

-15 C5 Galaxy

61 Attack Planes

-25 F-22 Fighter Jets

-5 AC-130

-5 B-52 Stratofortress

-15 F-16 Fighting Falcon

-10 F-15E Strike Eagle

-1 E4 Airborne strategic Command And Control post

100 Choppers

-25 Chinooks

-10 Apache

-25 MH-6/AH-6 Little Bird

-10 Cobra

-20 Blackhawk

-10 Hind

25 UAV

-10 Control And Surveillance

-15 Attack

1 Aircraft Carrier

5 Destroyers

2 Battleship

3 Frigrates

4 Cruisers

Group attitude towards meeting others: The PMR Wants To Meet, And Save As Many Civilians As Possible, However They Follow Protocols And Strip Any Civilians Of Any Belongings They Have, And Check Them If They Are Infected. The PMR Also Do Not Tolerate Bandits, And Will K.O.S.

However, In An Event Of A Breach In Any Of The Facilities, A Code Red Would Be Inflicted, And All Non-Military Personnel Would Be Quarantined.

Group Structure:

The Military Chain Of Command Was Broken When The Government Collapsed, So General Charles Leads The Entirety Of The PMR.

List of characters

General Charles- The General Who Rallied The Remnants Of The Military, He Leads The Pandemic Military Resistance. He Is Strict When It Comes To The Behavior, Instructions, And How His Soldiers Follow Protocols.

Director Clovis- Clovis Was The Former Director Of The C.I.A. He Was Hiding On One Of The C.I.A. Underground Monitoring Bunkers Along With His Staff When They Received News That The Military Are Being Reorganized And Forming A Resistance, So They Immediately Contacted Them And Left The Bunker. All C.I.A. Information Was Handed To The Military

Colonel Vergus- A Colonel Of The Military, He Is Currently Supervising The Second Most Important Facility Of The PMR, Which Is The Tallahassee Base.

Major Edward- A Major Of The Military, He Is Currently Supervising The Base At Madison.

General Paul- A General Of The Military, He Is Currently Supervising The Base At Colorado, And Is The Second In Command Of The PMR.

Colonel Brielle- A Colonel Of The Military, He Is Currently Supervising The Base At Phoenix.

Major Luis- A Major Of The Military, He Is Currently Supervising The Base At New York.

General Abraham- A General Of The Military, He Is Currently Supervising The Base At Washington D.C.

Admiral Jeremiah- An Admiral Of The Navy, He Commands The Remnants Of The Former Navy.

I've thought about it a bit more. Your new military is too OP.I'm currently arguing with the person who wants a 13 000-member military, telling him he needs to have some SERIOUS internal struggle if the external struggle is that small.

32 000 soldiers is too big. If you want something like 10 000, you need some really massive internal issues, like being badly organized, lack of most resources, etc. 10 000 itself is really big.

And all that weaponry and machinery means you'd be able to steamroll any other group.

[QUOTE="general ostruppen]Ok so what sort of internal issue would you suggest?

[/QUOTE]
It could be badly organized. A significant amount of the soldiers could be disloyal. There could be a ton of politics and bureaucracy that makes them incredibly slow in responding to immediate dangers. The farms could be strained, making it so they depend partly on scavenging. Suicides and breakdowns from stress could be common.

Bwahaha said:
It could be badly organized. A significant amount of the soldiers could be disloyal. There could be a ton of politics and bureaucracy that makes them incredibly slow in responding to immediate dangers. The farms could be strained, making it so they depend partly on scavenging. Suicides and breakdowns from stress could be common.
Politics I would choose

[QUOTE="general ostruppen]Politics I would choose

[/QUOTE]
Okay. So long as you make that relevant in the story, you're accepted.

I edited it to fit the standards as it was a work in progress.

Bwahaha said:
Accepted
But I think Halifax is fairly far from Massachusetts. (That's fine, but your characters will need to travel further. From the map I looked at, the distance between them is as large as Kansas is long)
Halifax is a town I legitimately live in that is in the southern suburbs of Boston. I am not talking about Halifax, Nova Scotia.

KurtH6355 said:
Halifax is a town I legitimately live in that is in the southern suburbs of Boston. I am not talking about Halifax, Nova Scotia.
omg u jus gayve persunel infurmashon im gunnu send pizza 2 ur hous

Users who are viewing this thread

Back