Other What are the coolest laws in your country

Get this: in California, there are special gun laws. California has the strictest gun laws in the country. However, it is legal to carry around a fixed blade as long as it is clearly a weapon. So essentially we can carry around a sword on our backs as long as it is recognizable as a sword.

Homemade weapons are completely legal. By homemade weapons, I mean: Garage guns, Chechnyan Firecrackers and scrap weapons. There's a good reason why. If they made a law, it would be practically impossible to enforce. As long as you keep it for yourself and as long as the weapon does not violate any laws regarding guns, there's no (on the side) legal trouble. All under federal law, which remains supreme over state law.

Not entirely sure if this is accurate but I remember being told that it was illegal to handle a salmon under suspiscious cirmcumstances in Britain? ¤~¤

Hey guys I'm back from exams here are some more weird Kazakh laws

*You can't photo A airport without governed permission

*it is illigal to protest a protest.

In New South Wales (In Australia), if you travel by horse and stop at a bar, the bar is required by law to stable, water, and feed your horse for you while you're there.

Of course, good luck actually getting that.

As of July next year (i think) they're making products that are tested on animals illegal here.

I think.

But that's cool af.

Dunno about this being cool, but Philippines didn't care if you had seatbelts on or not. Correct me if I'm wrong

eating a mince pie on christmas day is illegal in england

(well it used to be) :P  

Last edited by a moderator:
A recently passed anticrime law requires criminals to give their victims 24 hours notice, either orally or in writing, and to explain the nature of the crime to be committed. 

What.

the.

crap.

Texas.

I'm done.

-Picks up his bags-

In Sweden If your a Swede you get free Virgins blood of a fair lamb to shower yourself with In the name of Odin.

it's illegal here to cut a woman's hair. that's not enforced tho lol

we're also really big on dairy, so butter substitutes aren't allowed to be served in prison (and hospitals, schools, and other public places unless it's for health reasons,) and restaurants can't substitute butter without it being requested. these laws are still followed, although they're not really discussed much. 

you CAN believe it's butter!

apparently at one time selling margarine was illegal for 42 years up until 1967. and people smuggled yellow butter substitutes. we literally had a margarine prohibition. i'm not joking, people smuggled it, and the runs were called "oleo runs."

one mayor described margarine as "the yellow stick of satan," and it's also been referred to as "the demon spread." which tbh just makes me desire it even tho it tastes shitty in comparison to the real thing.

because we have a lot of dairy farms you have to give livestock the right of way on roads, too. 

there's also apparently a LOT of cheese laws, and cheese must be "highly pleasing."
i must say though ive had a fair share of cheese that... really wasn't pleasing, at all

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back