Other What are the coolest laws in your country

Little gasmask

Your annoying communist neighbour
<p>

I come from Kazakhstan and we have this cool law that if for example a holiday (7th may 4 example) happened to be a Saturday or Sunday we can take the next working day off as a extra holiday it's so cool This week we get to skip 3 days of school

</p>

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know about "cool" laws, but we have some pretty wacky ones that don't make any sense... One that's coming to mind right now is that it's illegal to drive without shoes in my state. And in Louisiana, I think there's a law against tying an alligator to a fire hydrant. I want to know the story behind that one... (x

The po-po can come get me if they think I'm doing shady things on property I don't own. It's not really my country, but I find it funny to make jokes about the cops coming to get you if you wait outside of a store for a friend.

Bylaw states that no more than three.

Thats it.

What is no more than three?

Who knows.

(Canada you beautiful drunk baby girl. Well done on the confusing law.)

It's technically not illegal to purchase an anti-tank gun here in the States. Can't remember if I'm up-to-date on that though.

[QUOTE="The Confusion]And a tank.

[/QUOTE]
Yeah.

So long as it isn't an assault rifle.

You can buy siege weaponry, handguns galore, a minigun (YES, one of those!) But no assault rifles.

...I'm actually sorta divided on the gun issue. Because on the one hand....

*screen goes black, then fades back in again.*

...and that's why these things are far more complex than they seem, thus making it difficult to paint these issues with broad strokes.

I think I read somewhere that it's illegal to drive a tank through the streets of London. I don't know if that's still the case, though.

GenericHenchman said:
Yeah.
So long as it isn't an assault rifle.

You can buy siege weaponry, handguns galore, a minigun (YES, one of those!) But no assault rifles.

...I'm actually sorta divided on the gun issue. Because on the one hand....

*screen goes black, then fades back in again.*

...and that's why these things are far more complex than they seem, thus making it difficult to paint these issues with broad strokes.
Bravo.

Hmm... I knew a few interesting ones... I know in Alaska its illegal to push a moose out of a moving plane. And here's an interesting one from my home state (Texas)

"If two trains pass on parallel tracks, both must stop and neither can go until the other has gone."

Apparently it was a case that some politician didn't like the law, so he fiddled with it until it made no sense. As far as I'm aware it doesn't get enacted very often.

Barca said:
Apparently it was a case that some politician didn't like the law, so he fiddled with it until it made no sense. As far as I'm aware it doesn't get enacted very often.
Which one? The one about the train?

Or the one about the moose? Because "not very often" means AT least more than once. There is no amount of context (or alcohol) that could explain pushing a moose out of an airplane the FIRST time it happened.

In Indiana i heard we are allowed free flamethrowers under the correct curcimstance. Of course we are also allowed to buy them

It's not cool but there's a state somewhere in the US (Michigan maybe, I don't remember) that it's illegal to have an ice cream cone in your back pocket.

because someone would do that

edit: it's Georgia and only applies on Sunday

Alright, so this isn't a law - rather it's a lack of a law - but we have no legislation against cold weapons. You can walk around with a freaking claymore right under a policeman's nose and he can't say anything to you. I've actually seen some people do it and I'm considering buying a fine sword myself because come on, that's metal as fuck.

Elaraal said:
Alright, so this isn't a law - rather it's a lack of a law - but we have no legislation against cold weapons. You can walk around with a freaking claymore right under a policeman's nose and he can't say anything to you. I've actually seen some people do it and I'm considering buying a fine sword myself because come on, that's metal as fuck.
I'm moving to your country.

Hellfire said:
I'm moving to your country.
Good luck, it's our immigration policy that only those who can say: "Blb vlk pln žbrnd zdrhl hrd z mlh Brd skrz vrh Smrk v čtvrť srn Krč" without stuttering can move here. Yes, that's an actual sentence, not random gibberish. It means something like "A stupid wolf which had eaten a lot of mash proudly ran away from the mists of Brdy (that's a place) through Smrk Mountain into a doe's district Krč." Because vowels are for the weak.

Elaraal said:
Good luck, it's our immigration policy that only those who can say: "Blb vlk pln žbrnd zdrhl hrd z mlh Brd skrz vrh Smrk v čtvrť srn Krč" without stuttering can move here. Yes, that's an actual sentence, not random gibberish. It means something like "A stupid wolf which had eaten a lot of mash proudly ran away from the mists of Brdy (that's a place) through Smrk Mountain into a doe's district Krč." Because vowels are for the weak.
Challenge accepted

Hellfire said:
Challenge accepted
Here, have a pronunciation guide:

Vocaroo | Voice message

@AlbaGuBrath

Haha, that's not actually true, I was just poking fun at the fact that my language is notoriously ridiculous, which is one of reasons why nobody wants to live there. Aside from many words being nigh-unpronounceable, it also has a really complex morphology. It's a big problem for foreigners because people don't really speak English aside from some basic phrases and so they inevitably end up really isolated and/or miserable. I chose that sentence randomly because it's long, although I know even longer sentences that have no vowels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back