What am I doing wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Animefan

Hello,

I not sure that this is the right board to ask this but before joining here, I had a bit of problems with rp partners. Some ignoring very thing I ask them after some discussing with them, some others just disappearing with no explanation. I understand that life can get in the way, but two months of disappearance rather annoying, since I don't know what is going on.

I just don't understand why they did this to me, escpially since they had no problem with role playing with me.

Sometimes peoples' personal lives and the issues in them take more than a couple of weeks, or even months, to resolve. Don't take it personally. Take the opportunity to branch out, join some group RPs so that even if one person drops out, you'll still have a group of others who can interact with you.

Captain Hesperus

[QUOTE="Captain Hesperus]Sometimes peoples' personal lives and the issues in them take more than a couple of weeks, or even months, to resolve. Don't take it personally. Take the opportunity to branch out, join some group RPs so that even if one person drops out, you'll still have a group of others who can interact with you.
Captain Hesperus

[/QUOTE]
I understand, but it isn't easy finding anyone else. As hard as it sounds, it's from experience. I asked a lot of people, sites and chats, I only had little luck. I hope you understand my frustration behind finding one rp.

Well as Captain has said there are many (like a bunch) of group rps that you can join. The benefit of these roleplays is that you do not have to depend on a single person to respond, besides the GM of course. There is nothing that you did wrong when it comes to people disappearing. Everyone experiences events in their life that they cannot avoid. I had that happen to be earlier this year where I had to disappear for like five or so months. The best way to approach is to accept the people when, and if, they come back online because the last thing they would want is a lashing. You wouldn't believe how happy I was when everyone I left without a word fully accepted me back. And now I am even more dedicated to this site because of that. But back to the point, you did nothing wrong. Do not feel bad and stay hopeful! Just keep looking! There are so many people that are waiting to roleplay with you and basically anyone!

Tell me what things do you like to roleplay?

ygofan161 said:
Was it something I said?
I doubt it. (: My guess is people just got busy and didn't tell you they were dropping the roleplay. It's actually really common in the roleplay world, unfortunately. It is rude, I know, but it does happen. You can't take it to hardly because there are many someone's out there who would be thrilled to roleplay with you, I'm sure!

Hm, I have had something similar to this happen a couple times to me already. Although the last two, I could see were online because of the small triangle in the upper left corner..

I agree with Mordecai here. I know exactly how you feel, I've been in hundreds of roleplays and sometimes people just stop responding completely. There are usually a couple reasons for this, they get really busy with something irl, or they just don't want to tell you in person that they're not into it for some reason or another and they think it's more polite to just stop replying instead of giving you a straight out answer. Of course, in my opinion it's more frustrating not to hear anything back and keep waiting for a reply that never comes. But don't take it personally. It's not you or your character/plot. Sometimes puzzle pieces just don't fit together. I find sending them a message and asking usually gets me an answer. Not always, but it doesn't hurt to try. And keep writing--you'll find someone. :)

[QUOTE="Red Juliet]I agree with Mordecai here. I know exactly how you feel, I've been in hundreds of roleplays and sometimes people just stop responding completely. There are usually a couple reasons for this, they get really busy with something irl, or they just don't want to tell you in person that they're not into it for some reason or another and they think it's more polite to just stop replying instead of giving you a straight out answer. Of course, in my opinion it's more frustrating not to hear anything back and keep waiting for a reply that never comes. But don't take it personally. It's not you or your character/plot. Sometimes puzzle pieces just don't fit together. I find sending them a message and asking usually gets me an answer. Not always, but it doesn't hurt to try. And keep writing--you'll find someone. :)

[/QUOTE]
Yeah, but it has been incredibly hard to find some who can play as. A Yugioh character, believe me. It has taken me years to find anyone with little luck.

ygofan161 said:
Yeah, but it has been incredibly hard to find some who can play as. A Yugioh character, believe me. It has taken me years to find anyone with little luck.
Well, somtimes people just forget or miss your reply. Other times, well, what was described in the posts above happen. There may even be an event of people actively trying to troll others, although that is generally not the case.

As per your problem, you can try to find partners more easily by making an actual search thread for it. If you have done that, and still didn't get partners, there is a search function on the upper right corner. Just type the words and you should find some threads with people of that common interest.

If you still aren't able, then I suggest you try the other way. Sometimes, a fandom or idea just isn't propicious to a roleplay, especially a long lasting one. As such, maybe expanding what you'd roleplay may work. Try to find the core in that fandom of what appeals to you and see if there is anything else with that core, or make something up with that core.

Idea said:
Well, somtimes people just forget or miss your reply. Other times, well, what was described in the posts above happen. There may even be an event of people actively trying to troll others, although that is generally not the case.
As per your problem, you can try to find partners more easily by making an actual search thread for it. If you have done that, and still didn't get partners, there is a search function on the upper right corner. Just type the words and you should find some threads with people of that common interest.

If you still aren't able, then I suggest you try the other way. Sometimes, a fandom or idea just isn't propicious to a roleplay, especially a long lasting one. As such, maybe expanding what you'd roleplay may work. Try to find the core in that fandom of what appeals to you and see if there is anything else with that core, or make something up with that core.
Tried the search, tried posting a topic, and I have tried other fandoms! none of them worked. I honestly hate it when they give me no reply of what is going on. A rp is not important than real life, but it is rude of them not to reply to me, for a long time.

I even tried making suited to their needs too, and no luck.

I am seriously annoyed by this, even angry.

ygofan161 said:
Tried the search, tried posting a topic, and I have tried other fandoms! none of them worked. I honestly hate it when they give me no reply of what is going on. A rp is not important than real life, but it is rude of them not to reply to me, for a long time.
I even tried making suited to their needs too, and no luck.

I am seriously annoyed by this, even angry.
We get it. You're upset for the sudden stop of the responses. You tried to do things.

Everyone who posted here is trying to help. Repeating over and over what you said in the first post is just plain rude. If you have nothing to say, thank people.

There is no magical solution for this and no one who posted performs miracles. We've all been through what you're going through, so listen to the advise given: move on. There's nothing more to be done about this.

Idea said:
We get it. You're upset for the sudden stop of the responses. You tried to do things.
Everyone who posted here is trying to help. Repeating over and over what you said in the first post is just plain rude. If you have nothing to say, thank people.

There is no magical solution for this and no one who posted performs miracles. We've all been through what you're going through, so listen to the advise given: move on. There's nothing more to be done about this.
No offence, but telling me to move on is telling me to give up. It is not fair for so done to tell me to atop looking for something that I like, I had no intention of being rude. I appreciate you are trying to help, and no offence, what you said about this having no solution makes me even more upset.

I take it personally because it is something I like to do, and people tend to leave me behind with no explanation.

ygofan161 said:
No offence, but telling me to move on is telling me to give up. It is not fair for so done to tell me to atop looking for something that I like, I had no intention of being rude. I appreciate you are trying to help, and no offence, what you said about this having no solution makes me even more upset.
I take it personally because it is something I like to do, and people tend to leave me behind with no explanation.
No one said stop looking for partners. Only that it is useless to cry over spilt milk. Moving on is not giving up. It is accepting that some things are lost and it's best to let those go to chase those that aren't. Lost partners? They stopped replying without an explanation? That happens to everyone. We all got to accept that and keep trying to find partner, rather than just continually rant about it.

Pardon me? I'm sorry, but I refuse to scrap my rp idea. And again, without no explanation, those people are being rude.

ygofan161 said:
Pardon me? I'm sorry, but I refuse to scrap my rp idea. And again, without no explanation, those people are being rude.
Did you even read a word I just typed? Everyone here has got it. We know they are being rude. No one told you to give up your idea either. We told you to forget it, cause it happens to everyone and will keep happening, so there's no use complaining.

Well, it is hard to forget when there is no one else to ask. I tried nearly everything I know to find other rp partners.

I am honestly getting tired of having to look for rp partners to replace those that should reply in the first place. I understand they have lives, but still a reply to inform me what is going on would be nice. I am currently without any partner until anyone replies, and I don't know anyone else to ask.

Well if your looking for ways to get specific people to reply ( provided they are still online and haven't been kidnapped by real life ) then you can try as someone suggested : just contact the people who haven't replied and ask them if they're still interested or if they are having some kind of scheduling conflict.

But if they aren't onLine at the moment than all you can realistically do is find new partners. If they aren't on, then they aren't on and there's nothing much anyone can do about that.

readingraebow said:
Well if your looking for ways to get specific people to reply ( provided they are still online and haven't been kidnapped by real life ) then you can try as someone suggested : just contact the people who haven't replied and ask them if they're still interested or if they are having some kind of scheduling conflict.
But if they aren't onLine at the moment than all you can realistically do is find new partners. If they aren't on, then they aren't on and there's nothing much anyone can do about that.
I have tried to contact them, they won't reply. And there is no one else who rp's Yugioh.

ygofan161 said:
I have tried to contact them, they won't reply. And there is no one else who rp's Yugioh.
Well then as Idea said your best bet is opening another search or using the search feature to see if there are other people who are looking for that fandom.

Possibly even try to make a group roleplay and see if you get any interest that way.

But sadly there is no way to make people reply if they don't want to. So your best served just trying to find new partners altogether.

readingraebow said:
Well then as Idea said your best bet is opening another search or using the search feature to see if there are other people who are looking for that fandom.
Possibly even try to make a group roleplay and see if you get any interest that way.

But sadly there is no way to make people reply if they don't want to. So your best served just trying to find new partners altogether.
I have tried searching new partners, but didn't work. Nobody will even reply to my rp ad.

Face it, nobody will rp with me. :'(

Last edited by a moderator:
ygofan161 said:
I have tried searching new partners, but didn't work. Nobody will even reply to my rp ad.
Face it, nobody will rp with me. :(
It could simply take time and you might want to look through the fandom themed searches as well. As some people don't list their specific fandoms when they make their own interest threads.

For instance I do a lot of fandoms but I rarely put Looking for Flash, Supergirl, etc in the title.

And it can take weeks of searching before I find someone who fits my criteria too.

So don't give up hope, keep looking. If you stick with it you'll find a fine partner eventually

readingraebow said:
It could simply take time and you might want to look through the fandom themed searches as well. As some people don't list their specific fandoms when they make their own interest threads.
For instance I do a lot of fandoms but I rarely put Looking for Flash, Supergirl, etc in the title.

And it can take weeks of searching before I find someone who fits my criteria too.

So don't give up hope, keep looking. If you stick with it you'll find a fine partner eventually
I looked for years with few luck, It is hopeless because a lot of people will not rp with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back