• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Westbrook

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Principal Nona was beaming when Stu came in and spotted Drake. "Stu, I'd like to introduce you to Drake. He's a popular football player, and head of the homecoming committee, and he's agreed to take you under his wing and help you fit in better here." She said, smiling proudly as she leaned back, crossing her arms over her chest. "Go ahead, introduce yourselves. Get acquainted and then you two can leave and head off to lunch. Together." She was way too excited about this.

Drake slowly turned his head to look towards Stu, and his eyes instantly locked on his tie. "You would be cute, if you didn't dress like my metaphorical grandpa." He said, snorting with laughter before he shook his head and then awkwardly thrust his hand towards Stu, almost falling over in his chair in the process. "I am Drake Martin. Small brother of Mason Rivera, football captain. Alleged lover of everyone." Although he meant that as a lover of being friends with them, it certainly could be misinterpreted. Stu was a cutie, if he tried better. But Drake didn't particularly find grandpas attractive, nor ties. Bowties were cute because you could tug either side and what was more fun than tugging the sides of neckwear? NOTHING. That was the answer. Nothing. At. All.

Nona, of course, noticed nothing wrong and assumed it was just how the kids talked these days, so she was assuming that it was going great as she sat there, watching the two of them speak, leaning forward eagerly. "So, Stu, what do you think? Good idea, right? Best idea?" She asked, her grinning slowly getting wider. "And he can help you out with-- wait, how did you get that bruise?" She asked, gesturing to the bruise above his right eye, because I think that's where the bruise was.

Dede Dede

Last edited:
Ryan listened to his friend as she spoke. When she called dibs he laughed. "Trust me. That's not my intention." He said. Ryan knew that Sawyer was possibly the gayest person that Ryan had ever met. Plus she was his best friend, so if she called dibs Ryan wouldn't interfere. He let out a long standing sigh as he looked out over the other students. He looked from table to table. There was a girl sitting alone, the cheerleaders with, it looked like Tera and Kanen. Now Ryan knew who Kanen and Tera were. Tera was cold hearted and like to start shit, but she was also smart. She wouldn't start something she knew she could win. Kanen was something else.

Ryan had fought Kanen before, a lot actually. He was probably the only one in the school that could match Ryan toe to toe. He respected the guy, but he was just so angry. Ryan was angry, but not that much. He looked to Sawyer and motioned for them to follow. He set his tray down next to the cheerleaders. Ryan noticed Ash was sitting there too. Ryan had been in a couple of classes with Ash, but from what he could tell she was a good girl. Ryan was a bad boy who would have no problem trying to turn her. Second Grace was sitting there, Sawyer could have her fun with the girl. "Come on beanhead let's have some lunch." He said sitting down next to Ash. He didn't say a word to her. He just sat down. He slowly started to eat his food. He looked at Sawyer. He had no clue how he was going to start this.

Winona Winona KingofAesir KingofAesir
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tera noticed Grace say thank you. She winked at her and mouthed You're welcome . She slowly ate her food. If Kanen said some shit then she would say something to get him to shut up again. Tera hated assholes, and Kanen was probably the biggest one. Then Ryan and Sawyer came and join the table. Someone was gunning for the cheerleaders. She didn't honestly care, she wasn't one of them. She just liked to mess with people and the cheerleaders were the best to tease. Always prim and proper. It disgusted Tera so.

Soap Soap

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nicole was slowly eating her lunch when two people had asked if they could join. She looked up at them. "Sure." She said quietly. Two people actually asked if they could sit with her, and they weren't guys either. Nicole would have no problem talking with these two. "How are you two doing today? I'm Nicole. It's kinda my first day here." She said with a soft smile. She was nervous. What if these girls were the mean girls that Nicole had heard about. They would rip Nicole a new one for just sitting alone. No, these two weren't them. They seemed nice, they even wanted to sit with her while she was eating her lunch so she wouldn't be lonely.

R Rock And Roll Boy

Sawyer
original (2).gif
hen Ryan started walking toward the cheerleaders table, Sawyer slowed her steps for a few moments in confusion. She glanced around the table and her eyes landed on Grace and all confusion was shoved to the back of her mind. Sawyer followed Ryan without a word and plopped herself down across from Ryan and conveniently next to Grace. As she sat down, she offered Grace a smile and turned her attention to Ryan and the girl he had sat next to. Sawyer could see Ryan eyeing her and she was nice enough to start a conversation for him.

"Hi, I'm Sawyer. I'm Ryan's friend. You guys know each other?" She looked between Ryan and the girl, hoping that Ryan hadn't just sat next to a random cheerleader he didn't know. She would think he had better sense than that, but you never know with boys. Especially ones like Ryan who seemingly was unable to speak at the moment. "Ryan, dude, are you gonna say hi or just sit there silently?" She smiled and turned back to mystery girl, "Don't mind him. He gets flustered around pretty girls." She sat back with a wink and plucked another fry off her plate.

Dak Dak Winona Winona Winon Soap Soap

As the Red-headed Bitch found the way to the table and proceeded to fire shots at Kanen, his smile quickly disappeared. His face didn't betray it, but he was legitimately hurt. Unfortunately, he had too much pride to just walk away.

"Actually. My father believed any time of day was the perfect time to start drinking..." Kanen corrected just as Ryan and Sawyer came walking over. "But yeah, go ahead and get the teachers, or the football players, or whoever the fuck you feel you need to impress. I'm not going anywhere, and for the record, your little snarky comments are unoriginal at best."

At that, Kanen let the concoction of whiskey and milk drain into his mouth, though he noticeably didn't swallow. Instead he stood slowly, pursed his lips, and proceeded to spray the whiskey mix over Tera and her food.

"I'm Samantha. The youngest sister" Samantha spoke softly, then digging into her plate of food.
"And I'm Angelina. The eldest, since Sam's giving out our ranking" Angelina said, giving her sister a look which she responded with a cute smile. "And... is my makeup okay"? Samantha sighed as Agelina asked that question. She loved her sister but her insecurities were something she thought she'd overcome.

Dak Dak

Ryan started to blush when Sawyer had spoke. This girl was on her way to walking home. That's when Kanen had sput up his milk. Ryan looked at Tera who was shocked. He then looked to Sawyer. His eyes were infuriated. He leaned over to Ash. "Your gonna wanna scoot over." He said before slowly getting out of his seat. He slowly walked over to where he was behind Kanen. He didn't care he knew he was there. He cupped his hand and slapped it against Kanens ear. Ryan knew that this would cause some pressure in his ear that would cause him to be stunned for a couple of seconds. This was enough time for Ryan to put him in a headlock. With his right arm around Kanens neck, and his left was locking his right in place. He started to tighten and pull. He wasn't going to stop till he pulled Kanen out if the table and into the office. "I guess daddy didn't teach you manners shitstick. Guess I'm gonna have to." He said as he dragged him along.
High5ives High5ives Winona Winona Soap Soap KingofAesir KingofAesir

Ash had been fairly distracted by what was going on between Tera and Kanen. She had shrunk down a bit, her shoulders slouched, as she listened to what Tera had said. "That was horrible," she murmured, although she didn't look at Tera as she said it. But even if Kanen was... questionable at times, he didn't deserve that kind of treatment from her. "And I mean, I didn't think he was bothering us..." But again, she was mostly just talking to herself, glancing between Kanen and Tera.

And then, more people joined their table, and she looked at Melody apologetically as Ryan squeezed in beside her, and Sawyer took a seat next to Grace. What was happening today? This was supposed to be fun girly gossip time, but instead their table was being invaded by all the fighters and rebels. This first day of school was not going how Ash had hoped it would, and now she found herself uncomfortably sitting between Ryan and Kanen. What if they got in a fight? What if they got in a fight with Tera? Ash would easily die.

She looked up at Sawyer as she started talking, and Ash smiled. "Cute, huh?" She asked, but wasn't really able to get much more flirting out before milk and alcohol was spit across the table at Tera, causing Ash to jump in her seat and then look over at Kanen, her eyes wide. It was called for, but still. Ash was in shock until Ryan told her to scoot over, but she didn't move, instead watching in shocked silence as Ryan stood up, dragging Kanen out of his seat.

Now, normally Ash was the kind of person to sit and watch and leave everything to happen around her without having a strong opinion about things. But this... this was a lot to handle, and as far as she was concerned, Kanen hadn't even really been doing much. Ash had needed to talk to him about her party, anyway, and then all of this had happened. Tera had come over and insulted him unprovoked, and now Ryan thought he had the right to be some kind of dingy knight in shining armor or something stupid.

So Ash slammed her hands into the table and stood up, first pointing an angry finger at Tera. "You are a rude, angry little bitch. No one asked you to come over here. No one asked you to defend us. I can tell someone to fuck off if I need them to without help." She then stepped away from the table, pointing towards Kanen. "And you. Are you in high school, or are you in kindergarten? What Tera did was uncalled for, but what you did was also bad." And then her eyes turned towards Ryan, and she planted her hands on her hips. "And would you for god's sake, let him go. You don't even know what happened before that, and no one asked you to be the school's damn bouncer."

Finally, Ash took a deep breath and looked back towards Melody, smiling apologetically. "I'll see you at tryouts, I'm sure you'll do great. I can't wait to have you join the team!"

And with that, still rather peeved, Ash stomped her way past Ryan and Kanen and out of the cafeteria.

Dak Dak Jiyoon Jiyoon High5ives High5ives

Grace

original.gif

Grace sulked, with her elbow on the table. Keeping her face up with her hand as she watched Kanen get upset at the result of Tera’s words. There wasn’t a need to make this escalate by now. Grace was just beginning to get more and more annoyed by the second. Which quickly faded When someone came and sat down next to her, Grace immediately perked up. It was beanie girl, who just so happened to throw a smile her way. It was either Beanie girl’s smile was contagious, or Grace was just genuinely happy to see her. Her smiled faded when she flirted a bit with Ash, Grace was surprised to say the least, When Ash spoke back. Grace couldn’t help but feel a twinge of disappointment. Grace cleared her throat “Beanie girl, To what do we owe this pleasure?”

Her greeting was drowned out by Kanen talking, she turned her head to look at him, and for a second she thought he was just going to drink himself quiet. But unfortunately that didn’t happen, Grace’s jaw dropped as Kanen spit out his drink, most of it falling on Tera.

“What the actual-“ She cut herself off, and facepalmed. Knowing this wasn’t going to go the peaceful way, it probably should. The boy who had just sat down next to Ash, stood up. Grace knew this was gonna happen. She wasn’t surprised when the fight broke out between Kanen, and the boy who fought someone else, earlier. This kid seemed like trouble, well they both did. Usually the two didn’t mix well. Ash stepped in, yelling at most of them. She wasn’t wrong, most of them were. Ash left the cafeteria without another word, She pushed her tray away from her. Suddenly losing all her appetite.

Interactions: KingofAesir KingofAesir
Mentions: High5ives High5ives Dak Dak Winona Winona

[IMG='align:right;']https://i.imgur.com/03oIiJy.jpg[/IMG]Stu was face to face with Drake, an older boy of a somewhat muscular build and a messy head of black hair. If he had hair like Drake’s he would have had no trouble concealing the bruise over his eyebrow. As it stands, the bruise was on display for the whole world to see.

Something was off about Principal Nona. She seemed far too excited for her expressions to be genuine. Not to mention, her arrangements had all the makings of a forced playdate. Stu didn’t like being treated like a child. He was sure Drake was being held there against his will too. Nobody in their right mind would want to spend their lunch in this office, if they could help it.

But Drake had an easy-going air about him. He looked like someone you could get along with with the least amount of effort. Drake couldn’t resist a comment about his looks, which was just kicking a dead horse. Stu let it slide. He shook the old boy's hand reluctantly. Drake looked to be nearly tipping over in the process. But he didn’t, and the handshake sealed their friendship.

‘Cor, brilliant! I like football too,’ he said, in the most perfect English accent to have parted from a boy's lips. ‘I suppose we could play sometime, I mean, if it takes your fancy.’

It needed boasting. Stu played on the left wing. He was striker for a year. He got on the starting eleven for the Moreton youth team. Of course, he was talking about a different game altogether.

He nearly forgot to let go of Drake’s hand, and it almost became awkward. He was just a little excited that he’d made his first friend at Westbrook High. Then Principal Nona had to ruin the mood by asking about the bruise on his forehead.

Stu was many things, but the one thing he wasn't was a snitch.

Not out of some moral principle either, but because snitching was inevitably bound to come back and bite him in the backside when he least expected it.

And it all happened so quickly. As far as he was concerned, no teachers were among the witnesses when he was floored. So he lied.

He lied to Principal Nona of all people.

‘I fell over in the hallway,’ he said, ‘It’s nuffin’, ma’am. Just a little scratch is all.’

Winona Winona

Last edited:
Sawyer
original (2).gif
Everything seemed to be going just fine on Sawyer's end as she spoke to Ash, even drawing out what was about the be flirtation before an asshole interrupted her lunch rather rudely. In the span of a few moments, a girl was covered in alcohol smelling milk and Ryan was up out of his seat with the culprit in a head lock. Sawyer's eyebrows raised in an impressed face as the girl she'd been talking to rose up and yelled at both boys and the girl with milk on her before promptly storming out.

Sawyer felt Grace deflate next to her and push her tray away. She frowned and turned her attention to Ryan and the boy he had head locked, "Hey, do you two wanna calm the hell down? You're kinda ruining everyone else's lunch." She motioned toward Grace, "Let him go, Ryan so he can kindly leave." She said, without bothering to get out of her seat.

"You good?" Sawyer turned her attention away from the drama happening in front of them and focused on Grace.

Dak Dak Soap Soap

Kanen had only been able to enjoy Tera's shock for a brief moment before someone felt the need to smack him. His ear rung, and stung ever so slightly. Before Kanen had the chance to turn around and see who it was, that same someone was trying to choke him out, dragging him back towards the doorway.

Ryan spoke, and Kanen suddenly understood. The big fucker always felt the need to get in everyone's business, of course it was Ryan. And, in standard douchebag fashion, Ryan felt the need to throw in his own little verbal jab. Really? Somehow Kanen was the asshole here?

Kanen had been in enough fights to know what do to when someone was trying to choke you from behind. He forces his hand upward, between his neck and Ryan's arm in order to give himself space to breath. It took him a moment to regain his footing as the larger boy pulled him, but it wasn't impossible. At that point, all Kanen had to do was behdn forward, using his own body as a pivot point to either flip the larger boy, or force him to let go.

tumblr_o2iniecGqq1uhqjg0o1_250.gif
Melody Wright

She gave a warm understanding smile to Melody. Although she didn't know who the people were she did know that they weren't being nice at all. Last year was definitely not like this so why now? She was in shock when the events happened vision slightly blurred and head spinning a bit.

Some random guy came and harassed them and then a girl made things worse in an attempt to defend the cheerleaders. It was barely a few minutes before more fighting started and Melody decided it was best to leave a go after Ash. The situation seemed to upset her so much that she stormed off but not before telling those two to back off. Her eyes glace over at the two boys continuing the chaos signally that things could get even uglier. "Nice having lunch with you all! See you at tryouts!". She beamed while she attempted to lighten the mood.

As Melody neared the hallway she stopped wondering where the girl could be. There were an almost endless amount of places to look but she decided that looking in the gym wouldn't hurt. "Ash wait up!"

Winona Winona Soap Soap Pandaskel Pandaskel

Grace
original.gif

Grace turned to the girl, smiling as she watched her she try to de-escalate the situation between the two boys. When she turned back to her, she asked if she was okay, Grace's gaze lingered, far longer than it should've. After a long moment she realized she didn't give an answer, "Uh. Yeah, yeah. I'm good." Her smile turned into a sheepish one. She rubbed the back of her neck. Grace forced herself to look away and looked towards the fight that was happening, staring at Kanen struggling, She shrugged uncaring in this situation anymore. She waved to Melody goodbye before speaking. "Ash is throwing a party on friday."

She pulled up her phone, reading from social media. "They're calling it.." she paused for a moment to read the screen "The welcome back to hell party." She rolled her eyes "I don't know if i'm really interested in a party." She admitted, "But everyone's gonna be there." She looked back towards the girl, "Are you going?" She asked, and decided to add. "Maybe you'll actually tell me your name?" Grace was just about desperate to know now, It'd been picking at her all day.

"Beanie girl is cute for a nickname, but it isn't exactly well...your name."

Interacting: KingofAesir KingofAesir Jiyoon Jiyoon
Mentions: Dak Dak High5ives High5ives

Last edited:
Ash had, in fact, headed towards the gym. When she was stressed, stretching or practicing some cheerleading stuff always seemed to help -- and she had plenty of time before next period would start. Plus, her next period was just study hall, which meant she'd probably spend the hour here, anyway, practicing. Ash could be a bit of an over-achiever.

However, to her surprise, Melody's voice called after her. Ash turned around, smiling faintly when she saw the other girl. "Oh, hey, Melody." She said, and then started to blush as she realized exactly what she had done when she stormed out. "Oh, uh... Sorry about that. Seriously. I try not to be so..." She hesitated, thinking. "Mean."

Ash looked back over her shoulder towards the gym doors. "I was about to head in to practice some moves, but..." She sighed and leaned against the wall before sliding down against it and sitting on the floor. "I don't know."

Jiyoon Jiyoon

It was Bjorn's first day of school! His first day in America! He was so excited to be here and to experience new things! Unfortunately...Bjorn was lost...

When the lunch bell had rung, Bjorn found himself stumbling in the halls, not quite sure where the Cafeteria was. He wasn't too bother by it though, exploring was nice, and Bjorn found himself mingling among random students, making friends and telling jokes. It was generally a very good day.

Walking down the halls though, Bjorn wasn't paying much attention. The German ended up tripping right over top of some girl sitting on the ground outside gym. He tumbled, crashing down on the ground, but doing his best not to land on he stranger.

"I'm so, so celery!" Bjorn blurted out, scrambling to get back up to his feet. " I was walking, I did not see! I'm so celery!" He rambled, with his thick German accent.

Principal Nona was going to continue arguing with Stu about this when the door opened and the vice principal poked his head in. "Sorry to interrupt, but there was an... incident in the cafeteria. Between Ryan, Tera, and Kanen." Yep. Didn't even have to use last names for her to know exactly who he was talking about, which just made Nona bristle with annoyance.

"Boys, I'm going to need you two to leave. You'll have to continue this conversation elsewhere." She said, trying to keep her composure with a smile while the vice principal opened the door wider to let the two of them out while she tried to decide how to handle this situation.

Drake stood up, although he was a little unsteady on his feet. "C'mon, I'll introduce you to all the cool kids." He said with a bit of a lopsided, half grin like thing. He stumbled past the vice principal who looked at him suspiciously, then straightened and kept going without waiting to see if little Stu was following after him.

Dede Dede

18013961_294254454336081_2052038281998106624_n.jpg Mackenzie heard about the fight, and was glad that he was not in it. Then, he was walking to his next class, which is math. Next, he saw that one of his friends had gotten in trouble. Lastly, he finally gets to class.

Sawyer
Everything else happening around Sawyer completely faded out as she zeroed in on Grace's face as she spoke. Even the thoughts of her best friend getting in trouble for fighting again and getting sent off somewhere completely vanished from her mind. Sawyer was perfectly content in that moment to listen to Grace talk about some party. She was kind of taken aback when Grace asked her if she was going. It sounded like this was a party for the more...in crowd of Westbrook high and Sawyer was far from that. But it sounded as if Grace wanted her to go. Before Sawyer could put a word in about the party Grace was asking about her name and Sawyer chuckled under her breath.

"Guess I can't be mysterious forever if your gonna go inviting me to parties." She grinned and pushed her hand toward Grace, "Sawyer Andrews, nice to officially meet you." Sawyer shook Grace's hand and then leaned forward a bit and cocked her head to the side in curiosity.

"Now, about this party. I can't say I was planning on going, but if you're inviting me.....well I'd gladly attend." She leaned back again and eyed Grace with a smile that was a little too large for her usual casual smirk, "So, Grace, are you inviting me?"

Soap Soap

The sounds of something like a fight echoed down the hallway and SJ knew they had to get away. Nothing but bad memories there. This was one of the reasons they hadn't wanted to spend more time with their oh-so-lovely peers.

SJ trudged down the hallway, looking for some place good to get away. Sure, they should have known it all by now. SJ had scouted out the school well enough, but it seemed like an entirely different place after the morning's chaos, as kids ran by shouting to old friends and sneaking glances at their crushes to see what they'd done with themselves over the summer. There were fresh haircuts and new fashion styles and even a couple people who had actually buckled down and worked out.

SJ had spent the summer at a different kind of summer camp. SJ's grip on their sharpie tightened and that desperate need pulsed through them even as they tried to suppress it. Why were they like this? They took a deep breath, trying to find peace, but all they found was too-thick axe body spray trying to cover the stench of a hundred sweating teenagers. Not the sort of place for meditation. Not that SJ had ever meditated. SJ couldn't close their eyes without freaking out - of course they weren't going to take deep breaths to carry them off into a void.

Safe. Safe. They were safe here, that's what they said, all the people, the administration that worked with them, that gave them a 'plan' for reintegration. Well they could never count on kids. Kids were menaces. And now, somewhere else in the school, far too much trouble was brewing, and SJ was sure if they went back in there, they'd cause a scene themselves.

SJ need water. Water of their face, something cold and alarming that would shock their system without shocking their mind. Their head began pounding, and SJ suppressed a groan - probably looking constipated too. Excellent. This day was getting better and better. If only there was a good bathroom to duck into, but alas, it was not to be for the non-binary teen.

They found themselves staring at the restroom sign in the near deserted hallway, where a stupid white man denied them entry. SJ realized they still had a sharpie in hand. Glancing about the bustling hall, SJ felt a rush as they touched marker to sign, beginning to draw devil's horns on the door.

Winona Winona

imageedit_1_8036391805.jpg
Winona smiled and typed into her phone, Is it that obvious? Lol. She held it out for him to read. Winona looked around, people were rushing towards something. Welp, not going that way, she looked along the walls to maybe find some kind of school map, I should've looked for one in the front office. She facepalmed herself, soon realizing she wasn't alone she slowly drug her hand away from her face and blushed in embarrassment Winona pulled her phone back for a split second to type something else, I was actually looking for someone or something to help me get around school, if you don't mind, like pointing me in the right direction or showing me someone who can? Winona hoped she wasn't asking for too much, she didn't already want to make herself a burden to the first person she met at Westbrook. She really hoped they had a pool or at least one nearby, that was the next thing she had to be sure to ask him before they went on their own paths.

Winona Winona

Grace

original.gif

Grace smiled amusedly, and gladly shook her hand, “Sawyer.” She repeated her name, she wasn’t sure why, But she did it anyway. She was glad to finally know her name, It fit her. "Grace Jackson." She shook her head, "But you knew that already." Grace internally face palmed. Sawyer leaned forward, and said she wasn't planning on going to the party. That wasn't the answer she was hoping for.

However, Grace didn't ignore the butterflies she felt when Sawyer said she'd attend if she was invited by her. It worsened when Grace realized they were still holding hands from the handshake earlier, she cleared her throat. And gently removed her hand from Sawyer's hoping she wouldn't notice the blush on her cheeks. Sawyer leaned back and smiled, a genuine smile. Not a grin, or a smirk this time she asked if she was invited. Grace opened her mouth to say something but nothing came out.

C'mon Grace, pull yourself together. She shook her head, attempting to clear it. "I-Yes, you're definitely invited." She picked her phone up, and handed it to Sawyer. "Put your number in?" She asked, smiling. "So i can text you the address." So maybe the address wasn't the only reason why she wanted her number.

Interacting: KingofAesir KingofAesir KingofAesir KingofAesir

tumblr_o8fb4we3bU1vwe69ko6_r1_250.gif
Melody Wright

Melody rushed into the gym and to her surprise, she was right and saw the blond girl standing there. She was amazed at the large gym always avoiding this place before she had remembered how much she loved gymnastics when she was younger. She quit right before the finals and now cheerleading was the only way to relive the life she almost had.

"Mean?!", Melody yelled. Ash wasn't the one wrong so why did she feel this way? Why did feel it was her fault and why did she seem sad about it? It hurt Melody deeply as it reminded what often used to happen to her. "Don't you dare apologize! You did what you had to end the argument". Melody watched as Ash slid down onto the hardwood floor.

"Ash, I'm here for you always know that".

Winona Winona

Nyx had quickly ducked out of the cafeteria following the explosion of fighting between two upperclassmen. Of course, she had been eating lunch alone, so it wasn't like she was leaving much behind. Her first day of high school hadn't exactly been going according to plan, but what was she supposed to expect?

Her old friends had ghosted her when she's been caught vandalizing a building -- everyone had, actually, leaving her alone since last year. Although it had only been for a few months, Nyx felt horrible and hated being alone. What could she say? Nyx was a horribly dependent individual, and horrible under peer pressure. It was probably her biggest downfall.

So walking down the hallway with just her art stuff in her bag, Nyx wondered if she could go hide out somewhere and just sketch. It was the only thing she was good at, and the only thing she truly enjoyed. Art made her feel less alone, almost like she had friends... Which were literally just the pictures of people she drew.

Nyx paused when she saw some new person drawing on the bathroom. She wondered if she should call out to them, or report them for drawing on school property... But that would've been hypocritical. So instead, Nyx pulled a red sharpie out of her backpack.

"Clever," she said as she came up behind them. "But I think it needs a little more..." Nyx scooted up beside them, and started to write... and then realized she had no idea what she was doing. "Umm... any ideas?"

acenby acenby

---------------------------------------------------

Jace read over what she had wrote, his lips moving a bit as he did so. Back in elementary, he had done horrible at English. Ash had told him to try reading aloud, but quietly, to see if that would help and sure enough, his baby sister's advice had helped. So now, although no sound came out, his lips still moved with the words.

He leaned back from the phone, smiling. "I can totally show you around. I'm a senior, so I kind of know where everything is." He explained with a casual shrug. "Uh, what classes do you need help finding? Or... what?" Jace asked, tilting his head to the side as spoke.

BlackOrchid02 BlackOrchid02

Ash smiled up at Melody, grateful for her support. It often felt like she didn't really have anyone on the team to support her, even though that wasn't completely true. They were a close team... kind of, but it was nice to have someone else who was so nice right away.

"Thanks, Melody. Hey, do you want to work on some routines or moves?" Ash asked, her eyes lighting up as she spoke. "I have study hall after this, so I've got plenty of time to work on things before tryouts tonight." She said with a laugh, although Ash wouldn't be trying out. She'd be helping to decide who would get in. What fun.

But before Melody could really answer, some guy tripped over her outstretched legs. Ash was surprised and again, she had no idea who he was. But as the guy stood up and started stumbling over his words with that distinct German accent, Ash figured he had to be the new foreign exchange student she'd heard about.

She giggled at his mix-up. "It's okay. There's no need to be sorry." Ash said, standing up so that she wouldn't cause another accident. "You must be new. I'm Ash, and this is Melody." She said, gesturing to her friend. "We were about to practice some cheerleading, if you'd like to join?"

Perhaps she had been too upfront, but the team had been fishing for guys for years. Guys were great for cheerleading, for throwing the girls in the air and catching them on the way down. And, well, other things, but mainly that. Plus, this was perfect timing.

Jiyoon Jiyoon High5ives High5ives

Bjorn was confused for moment, having to take a second to translate what she was saying. Then when he finally understood, a pink rosy flush came across his cheeks, flanking a rather bashful grin. "Celery...That's a vegetable..." He muttered to himself rubbing the back of his neck. "I uh, I'm not a vegetable...Unless you like vegetables?" His attempted recovery didn't make him feel any better, after all that was kinda a strange thing to say, he panicked and began to ramble somewhat. "I mean, I like vegetables. My Oppa makes good celery and potato soup. I Don know if that's here..." Bjorn eventually stopped talking long enough to realize she had made him an offer.

In truth, Bjorn had no idea what she meant by 'Cheerleading'. A cheer was like a song right? Was this choir. "I would love to lead cheers with you." He said quickly, extending a hand out towards Ash. "I am called Bjorn. Melody is a very...pretty name, Ash is also very pretty." Bjorn said, pausing briefly to remember his English and doing his best to pronounce things correctly.

Regardless of what this Cheerleading thing was, Bjorn was happy to be involved. Time practicing with pretty girls was time we'll spent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back