• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Westbrook

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Jubie had been waiting and ready by the time Kai arrived at her place. She saw his car pull into the driveway and she grinned, quickly grabbing her backpack from where it sat on the floor. She fiddled a bit with the strap as she listened to his knock and then went to open the door. “Hey, Kai,” she said, stepping back. “Wanna come inside? There’s some sausage left over from breakfast if you want,” she offered.

They still had a little time before they absolutely had to leave and actually make it on time to school. Showing up late would not make a good impression on their new teachers and she didn’t think that was hold Jayden’s view of her boyfriend. She knew that Jasper was unsure of Kai, even if he did try to accept it. It didn’t help that Jayden was a little bit overprotective. She didn’t blame him. It was just the two of them these days and he often acted more as a father than an older brother.

“And what’s your schedule like this semester?” she asked. She pulled the folded paper from her pocket and handed the creased schedule towards him. She had a pretty standard schedule - math, then science, then English, then gym, then lunch, then psychology, then a study hall, then history. It wasn’t a fun schedule, but it sure was pretty standard. “Do we have any classes together? Or lunch?” Lunch with Kai would be fun.

Winona Winona

Angelina's lips quivered. She felt like crying again. James was so honest and caring and she felt like she didn't deserve to know him. "In the ladies; Someone shoved my face into one of the full sinks, then hit my stomach after spitting on me". She took her glasses off, wiping her face as tears started to fall down her face again. "I'm sorry, I didnt want to cry. Especially in front of you". She managed to hold back most of her tears but that wouldn't hold for long. Rubbing her bare legs, Angelina looked up and took deep breaths. "I know, I'm overreacting".

Dak Dak

"Right! Sorry." Drake's face turned bright red and he took a deep breath, trying to calm himself down. His fingers had started tapping against his legs, so he quickly shoved his hands into his pockets... and instead his foot started tapping against the ground instead. Staying still for Drake was difficult at times, such as now, when he felt as if he could run a few miles without growing tired. But he knew he had to try and manage it, or else... well, long story, and it wasn't worthy of Drake even worrying about.

"So, uh, yes, friends." He cleared his throat, thinking for a moment as the single foot tapping turned to him bouncing on the balls of his feet. "To me it sounds like you'll be really good with the theater kids. They talk and sing and act and it sounds like you might like that. I can introduce you to a few of them at lunch, if you'd like? They're nice and nerdy I think. I've never really talked to them, but I'm guessing they aren't since they're theater nerds--" He cut himself off and again, tried to calm himself down. "Oh! Uh, sorry. Again."

Dak Dak

Ryan chuckled at the little boy who was now enraged. "This is gonna be fun." Was all he said as he dropped his books on the ground. The boy launched at him. It was a solid attempt, but it was predictable. Ryan had turned on his heel and got around the boy as he lunged forward. With his left hand he went under this boy's left armpit. His right went over the boy's right shoulder. Ryan was going to put this kid in a hold. Ryan wrapped both of his legs around the kids right leg. With his arms and legs in place, Ryan began to squeeze. He only put enough pressure to hold him. Ryan leaned in close to the kids ear. "I'll give you this, you got a lot of spunk for a little fella. But before you pick a fight, know who you're fighting... I'm Ryan Maxwell. I run this school." He said squeezing tighter.
elextrified elextrified

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

James Put his hand on her back and slowly started to rub it. "Hey you're not over reacting. If someone did that to me I would be in the same place as you." He said with a smile as he continued to rub her back. "But that's horrible. For someone to do that is atrocious. Some one as wonderful and amazing as you to get treated like that is unacceptable." He said. "You know the people who did this they're just jealous. There jealous because you're smart, beautiful and amazing! Just look at you. Everyone is lucky to know you. I know I am!" He said trying to get her to stop crying.
R Rock And Roll Boy
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nicole had loosened up on her books. This boy had finally calmed down, if it was only for a minute. When he started talking about the theater kids, Nicole's ears perked up at the mention. "I'd like that." She said softly. Nicole loved watching plays, and would be in play's that the church would put on for Christmas. "So this school. How many people are in it?" She wondered because she had never seen so many people in one place. Her church had a lot of people, but not this many.
Winona Winona

cody-simpson-paradise-tour-585x3531.jpg

The morning had been going so well for Nick. He had gotten up with plenty of time, had a good breakfast and then made it to school and was able to talk with a lot of his friends he hadn't seen in a while. It was honestly going pretty great that was until he heard something going on behind him. Nick closed his locker and saw Ryan the senior who was known to get into fights and trouble arguing with some small kid, who must of been a freshman and not known who Ryan was. Nick tried to stay away from the guy, not that Nick was scared of Ryan, but Nick didn't want to mess up anything he had going for him. Nick carefully watched as the freshman and Ryan glared at each other. Ryan wouldn't really fight this kid would he? Ryan was easily quite a bit taller than him and would put this kid into the ground. He also noticed what seemed to be the kids twin brother just standing there not really knowing what to do. Nick bit his bottom lip, he didn't want to see this freshman get his lights knocked out on his first day of school, but did he really want to get involved with Ryan?

Nick inched closer and closer, he carefully watched what was happening. All of a sudden the smaller kid ran at Ryan. Nick sighed as his eyes widened, Ryan quickly got the kid into a hold and was squeezing the kid pretty hard. "Dammit" Nick ran over to where the two were. "Ryan man get the hell off of him." Nick shoved his way through the crowd and tried to get in between the two of them. Nick grabbed a hold of Ryan's arms and was able to pry them off of the freshman. "Ryan man its not worth it leave the kid alone."

Dak Dak elextrified elextrified

Rory Quinn
Rory ran his fingers through his hair in attempt to make fluffy although his hair seemed to have its own plays and lay flat. As he stepped out the bathroom his mother greets him with his clothes. "First day of public school! I'm so proud of you!". Judging by her voice Rory could tell him mother was terrified of what today might bring despite him being a good child. He was anything but frighten and was ecstatic about no longer being in an uptight prep school. The bland suite and tie he was forced to wear everyday, the endless mountain of white paper he had to turn it everyday and the intense competition to get on the honor roll.
He gladly took his favorite flannel from his mother. "You shouldn't be worried you know. I have your number in care of emergencies and-". "That's not what I'm worried about". Sadie stopped her son. "I'm just worried you will get become friends with bad people. I don't want you to become like Jayden." Rory swallowed thickly as he heard a name he hasn't heard in a while. His brother wasn't a bad person he was generous and kind even if he was involved in gangs.
"Why do you always do that?"
"Do what?"
Rory was fed up and switched his vision to the clock. "It's getting late I should go". He ran down the stairs in hopes that he could get out the door before either parent would give him a ride to school. He ran as fast as he could until his legs couldn't carry him anymore. Eventually the school lies before him as he watched all of the kids walk into the building. Rory stepped inside unsure what to next.

Squeezing her eyes shut, Angelina felt all her tears come forwards. James's soft, caring words made Angelina drop her guard down. She put her glasses beside her, burying her face into her palms again and breaking down. Five full minutes went by before Angelina regained her composure, getting one of her tissues out and covering her nose with it.

"I'm sorry. Thank you so much for listening to me and dealing with my incessant crying".

She didn't want to James to go, but she knew he'd be getting bored of her. Letting the last of her tears fall, Angelina took more deep breaths, stopping for a minute to sneeze, her hayfever playing up again.

"Excuse me. Just go, James... I'll be alright".

Dak Dak

James kept on rubbing Angelina's back while she cried. When she had finally regained her composure James smiled. Then she said something that threw him through a hoop. She wanted him to leave. He was being nice to her and she wanted to him to leave. He shook his head. "No I'm not leaving." He said. "I don't leave a pretty girl when she's sad. I've never done that and I'm not going to start now. So please go ahead and cry. I'll be here for you. That's what friends are for." He said softly. He didn't want to be loud because that could scare her and she was already crying.
R Rock And Roll Boy

Stu, 7:54 AM

cHy2bhW.jpg

‘Nobody’s wearing a tie, Dad.’

‘Shh. . . Let me see.’

‘You’re making me look like a muppet.’

They couldn’t have picked a less inconspicuous time and spot to be doing. . . this. All the other kids were turning their heads, some grinning as they passed them by on the sidewalk.

‘You’ll be seeing the principal today. You know what they say, first impressions are important,’ Dad said as he buttoned up his son’s collar and slid the knot of the tie up to the larynx.

‘I can’t. . . breathe.’ Stu made gurgling noises indicating his discomfort.

‘Just because everybody else is wearing God knows what, doesn’t mean you can’t have some class. This is a learning institution and you’re here to be educated, not to compare clothing with other kids.’

‘They’ll crucify me, Dad, I swear. . . Or they’ll stab me in the loo and hack me into pieces and flush me down the toilet.’

‘Listen, no one's going to bat an eye, trust me. Except the girls, that is. They'll think you looked like a dapper young lad.’

‘They'll think I looked like a twat,' he mumbled under his breath.

Stu thought he might have had better luck going in naked.

It was embarrassing enough that his Dad was doing up his tie in public. Now he was patting and combing his hair, too. Dad probably thought they were still in Chipping Campden, where everybody knew everybody and it wouldn’t have been social suicide for a boy to be seen being pampered at the school gate. But that was primary school, in England. This was high school. . . in America.

‘Okay. You’re gonna be alright? You can call me whenever. I’ll pick you up at quarter past three.’

Stu nodded and his eyes trailed to the steps leading to the main doors.

‘McDonald’s for dinner?’

‘Okay. Don’t forget the nuggets.’

‘Extra large,' Dad said, 'Love you.’

The boy nodded, then he gripped the straps of his backpack and inched up the steps where his crucifixion awaited.

Last edited:
"Yeah, I'd love to." Kai smiled. He stepped into the house after Jubie, closing the door after him. Of course he'd rather hangout here before classes started than show up to school early and have to hangout at that horrible, horrible place... Kai was not excited to start his junior year of high school, but he was happy to see Jubie, and even happier to spend some time with her alone before school started. "But uh, I'm not hungry. I already ate breakfast." Well, like half an apple because he was too nervous to eat anything else before classes started for the day. First days weren't exactly the place that Kai made the best impression.

Freshman year, Kai had punched a guy who had been bullying another kid. And then he got beat up by said upperclassman, and it had hurt and Kai had had his whole nose purple for at least a week afterwards. In his sophomore year, he had tripped and spilled his lunch on another upperclassman, who ended up being the same one. And then he'd gotten punched again, harder. So yeah, first days were always bad luck for Kai, sadly.

"Let's see..." Kai took Jubie's schedule in his hand, and then pulled out his own. He looked at the two, grinning when he saw a few classes together. "So we definitely have lunch, and then it looks like we've got... science and history together." Kai smiled and handed her schedule back before pocketing his own again. "We can be lab partners and I guess... history buddies?" He frowned. Yeah, no, that didn't exactly sound the best, but history would at least be better with her there.

Beeze Beeze

------------------------------------------------------------

"Oh, uh. I've never counted the people before although would it be silly to count people? Probably." Drake said, his words coming out a bit quickly as he spoke, even though he was trying his best to keep it down. Trying being, of course, the keyword. "But there's maybe twenty kids in a classroom, maybe thirty but like, I've never counted." His hand came out of his pocket, and he tapped a finger against the side of his head thoughtfully as he kept talking. "Maybe... maybe... a few hundred? Maybe per grade, probably more. I don't know, but that is a good question, or maybe..."

Drake's hand dropped back to his side, and he grinned widely. "Maybe there's exactly five hundred and sixty seven students in this school exactly." He said triumphantly and for a moment, his body relaxed before his foot went back to tapping excessively. Well, looked like he was going to have to make a detour to calm himself before classes started.

Dak Dak

Nicole's eye's widened when she said there was a lot people of people at the school. To think there were so many people at the school, Nicole's eyes lit up. She wanted to meet all of them, and have them be her friend. SHe was about to ask a question when she heard people shouting. "Fight, Fight, fight" Over and over again. This was one of the harshness that was in the high school system. Fighting. "What's that?" She asked. She slowly walked over to the group to see two boys. One in a hold and the other with his arms and legs wrapped around the kids leg. "Who are they?" She asked.
Winona Winona

Angelina didn't deserve a friend like James. "I don't deserve a friend like you". She found herself saying that current thought aloud, covering her mouth afterwards and blushing a tad. She sniffled before sneezing again into a fresh tissue, cursing the timing of that sneeze. "Bless me. Hayfever. Shall we head inside before I'm a sneezing wreck"? She bantered, surprising herself as she chuckled at her own joke. Sure, it was weak but Angelina was stunned that she was making light of the situation. James was the reason, she was sure of it. And she liked that.

Dak Dak

James smile got even bigger when she let out a joke. She was starting to feel even better. "That's my girl." He said standing up and grabbing his bag. He offered out his hand."Come lets go see if we can find your sister. She's probably a little worried about you." He said smiling as he led her inside. The whole school was abuzz about a fight that was happening. "We're going to try and avoid that if that's alright." He said. Fighting was common at the school and James knew exactly who was involved. The meat head of a punk Ryan. That guy could have been on the football team, but since he was so punch happy he wouldn't of made it.
R Rock And Roll Boy

Jubie nodded and watched Kai enter the house. Her house was pretty small, shared by just the two of them. Of course, Jubie had a feeling that Jayden’s girlfriend would be moving in soon, but she didn’t talk about that. Anytime she mentioned it, Jayden’s face turned all red and the 27 year old changed the topic. For being an actual adult, you’d think he’d have more confidence. Despite that, it was an okay place. Jayden had a good job and not much student loan debt, and Jubie always gave him a portion of her check from work.

When Kai said he didn’t want to eat, she nodded and went to the kitchen. She’d left the sausage for him, but now put it in a bag and into the fridge for a snack later on. “What about a drink? We’ve got water, milk, and juice boxes,” she offered, grabbing herself a bottle of water. She was always nervous about the first day of school, but hanging out with Kai allowed her to relax at least a little bit. Or it gave her something to focus on. While she hadn’t had any horrible first days, it was always just a scary thing. Especially for someone that wasn’t exactly popular. She had a couple friends, but was really only excited to see Kai - And she’d been seeing him all summer.

Jubie nodded when Kai looked over their schedules. “Lunch will be fun together,” she commented. They could actually do what they wanted instead of being in class and being forced to stay in their seats and take notes. “Lab partners will be good too... as long as you don’t blow anything up,” she teased, nudging him. “And history buddies.... well I’m not sure that’s a thing, but I’ll definitely be your history buddy anyway,” she promised.

Winona Winona

Slipping her glasses back on, Angelina took James's hand and hauled herself up. She was wondering where Samantha was also, but James was great company so she was content with just him for the moment. Regarding the fight that was transpiring, Angelina nodded at James's comment. "Violence isn't something I'm fond of. So yes, that's fine". She also had thoughts about who started it.

Dak Dak

Ava
Ava made sure that she checked in on facebook, posted a lookbook on tumblr, and was nearly finished with updating her instagram with her #ootd when she felt herself ram into someone. Letting out a startled breath of air, she tightened her grip on her belongings and quickly backpedaled, praying to whatever gods were listening that she had somehow managed to keep her coffee in its up. "Oh, uh, sorry," she managed to respond to the very annoyed sounding person. "I was on Instagram." she offered, as if that were a valid excuse- though, to her, it definitely was. She gave a long exhale to calm her nerves and then gave a small giggle, "Gosh, you scared me. I thought I was going to wreck my outfit." She'd been warned a million times not to have her face in her phone while she was walking, but did she ever learn? Of course not. Instead, she shook off the scare and looked up at the person she'd bumped into. Her eyes widened for a fraction of a second before she flashed a bright smile. "Oh wow, hi. My name is Ava." she spoke quickly to the person. "Your hair is super cool. I have a scarf that's the same color. How do you make it stand up like that?"
acenby acenby

SJ's eyes widened. Wreck her outfit? How vapid was this girl? "Instagram? Do you usually use excuses for being-" SJ cut off as their brain processed the rest of the exchange a bit slower. They had an immediate reaction, which, let's be honest, usually wasn't nice. What that said about them, they weren't sure.

Now SJ felt bad - just look at the girl, half frightened to death (what kind of idiot got frightened so easily? Jee, I don't know SJ, maybe someone who has a therapist and gets a private meeting after school to see 'how they handled it.'). SJ bit back the rest of their comment, uncertain and anxious. They hated being anxious, not knowing what to expect. Like this. Honestly, they still wanted a fight. But they didn't want to traumatize anyone. That would be plain mean. Some people were just more cut out for a fight. This girl clearly wasn't one. Ava. "It's called hair gel?" SJ said sarcastically. They folded their arms, looking her up and down, wondering if this was going to be one of their oh-so-lucky classmates. They couldn't get too friendly now, especially not with someone without a backbone. SJ had to choose any potential friends wisely.

elextrified elextrified

Drake groaned when he followed Nicole to see Ryan beating up a... freshman. Wow, that was low even for him. He smiled gratefully when he saw Nick stepping in to try and break up, and he quietly hoped that Ryan wouldn't turn his fury on Nick. If so, Drake would probably have to step in, and today was not the day for him to be getting into any kind of fights. "T-That's Ryan and... and probably a freshman. Don't mess with Ryan. He's bad news and trouble." He shook his head as he came to a stop next to a couple other students watching the fight. "And the brave knight saving that freshman's face is Nick."

His eyes widened when he saw the little freshman push Nick and he would have stepped in, had the freshman not thrown himself at Ryan again, which would definitely be death for him. Which Drake decided was good. "I'll be right back," he grumbled to Nicole, and then slid over to where Nick was with another freshman who looked like... well, definitely little fighty's brother.

"Hey, Nick, you alright?" Drake asked, his pale eyes wide with worry. He glanced once over at the twin, but didn't say anything. Who knew if he was equally as volatile?

Dak Dak Timv9 Timv9 elextrified elextrified

Meanwhile, Ash had been walking by on her way to class after catching up with some of her friends. She paused when she noticed the fight going on and stopped alongside some of the other students who had started to gather to watch was happening. Ash rolled her eyes when she realized that it was Ryan who had, presumably, started the fight with the poor freshman. That kid had no self-control and Ash kind of disliked him. Sure, he was hot, but looks only got you so far.

Pausing, Ash decided to stay and watch the fight. Maybe the freshman would actually stand up to Ryan, although it was doubtful. She tucked a strand of blonde hair behind her ear and hesitated, looking around at the gathered students for someone she could stand next to that she might just know.

Rory Quinn

Rory heard thuds coming from around the corner. He walked slowly seeing two boys fighting and he hates to say that he was excited about it. This is exactly what his mother didn't want him to be exposed to but he is so happy to finally experiencing real life. He was in a shock just seeing the guys pound on each other since he hasn't seen a fight in almost a decade. It reminds him of all the fights his brother would get into when they were still in the gangs.

Rory stands next to a girl who is also watching the brawl. "Hi, my name is Rory. What's yours?" Winona Winona

"Back off pretty boy unless you want some too." He said before the kids knee connected to Ryan's stomach. Ryan smiled at it. The pain, the adrenaline. Gods how he missed that. "So watch what you say, and be nicer to your elders." He said grabbing the freshman by the neck and lifted him. "I'm gonna show you some mercy." He said dropping him. "Don't ever... Ever mess with me." He said walking over and grabbed his books and walked away. Normally he was going to pumble the living fuck out of him. But he didn't want to go to military school. "Oh and by the by. Don't start any more fights. You might end up like me. The most hated person around here." He said walking away.

Ryan knew that he was hated by basically the whole school, but he could care less. He could care about what everyone thought. Besides he didn't even start the fight. So who cared if he lost this one he'd take the L this time. Besides that kid had guts. Something told him that he was going to be someone soon. "Sawyer is gonna fucking rip him a new one." He said softly. "Class has to start soon." He said.

elextrified elextrified
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

James walked around with Angelina looking for her sister. "You know Angelina, your looking very good. You must be working so hard for where you're at." He said. "Like I'm really proud of you." He said. "How was your summer?" He asked. James spent most of his time working out and volunteering. But Angelina looked good. But James and Angelina were friends. That's when James spotted Samantha. Angelina's sister. "Samantha. Over here!" He yelled out in an attempted to get her to notice them.
R Rock And Roll Boy

"Oh, hi." Ash smiled at Rory. "I'm Ash, nice to meet you." She said, her attention quickly snapping back to the action at Ryan's words towards the freshman. She sighed, shaking her head as the little freshman tried again, and she was surprised to see that Ryan hadn't tried to fight him back. It was a surprise because, well, as long as she had known Ryan -- or, at least, gone to the same school as him -- Ryan had never been one to lose or back down from a fight. Even if it was a freshman.

"Ryan." Ash called after him. "Uh, thanks for not killing the new kid?" She said with a little smile. Well, if no one else was necessarily going to compliment him for being a good kid about this, then she would. Of course, Ash didn't really wait for a reply and turned back to Rory.

"So, umm... are you new? I don't know if I've seen you around." She asked, even though chances were, she'd just missed him. The school wasn't exactly small, after all, even if it wasn't the biggest thing.

Jiyoon Jiyoon Dak Dak

Rory smiles. " Yeah, I'm from a few towns over. I just moved here a week ago and it's my first time in a public school", he whispered that last because it was embarrassing. His mother would tell him to be pride of it but he wasn't and felt quite self conscious about never doing thing most kids have.
"I'm guessing you're from around here. Maybe you could show me around. I almost got lost on my way to school". Rory let out a small laugh.
Winona Winona

"Why thank you. Still sticking to that diet. It is difficult but I've lost more weight than planned, which is great. And... you're looking excellent, as always". Angelina blushed a little as she said the last part of her sentence. "My summer... it was good. Good". You could see Angelina become flustered and blush a lot more. It became even more evident when James found her sister, Samantha noticing Angelina's flustered state.

"Morning, James, how're you"? She glanced over at Angelina, winking at her, hiding a smirk.

Dak Dak

"Oh you know. I did the same old same old. Work out 5 days a week and switch between the animal shelter and the youth leagues." He said slinging the back pack over his shoulder. "Other then that it was a somewhat uneventful summer." He said chuckling lightly. He looked Samantha over. She was beautiful just like her sister."And might I say your looking as lovely as always... Just as beautiful as your sister here." He said smiling. "How was your summer? Keeping the boys back with a stick?" He asked jokingly.
R Rock And Roll Boy

"James, stop, you're embarassing me" Samantha jested with a cute giggle, moving some of her hair away from her face. "And you know it. Mainly been spending time with the boyfriend and Angelina. She's been doing very well; sticking to her diet. I'm so proud of her. Now, I really think she should start dating. Maybe you..." Samantha got cut off as Angelina cut her off, telling her to stop it.

Dak Dak

As much as Kai wanted to take Jubie up on that juice box, he knew he needed to start acting like a growing adult. Like a young junior in high school. "I'll take a water, too. Please." He said, smiling at her as he asked. God, he really did love her, and how thoughtful she was... Even if it was her just asking him for something as simple as a beverage. And of course, he didn't really love her. They hadn't said those words to each other yet, and Kai wasn't sure he was ready for that.

"Lunch will be great. And please, I'm horrible at science." Kai sighed, thinking about how badly he had almost failed last year. He didn't understand a lot of it, which sucked for him. But only two more years of mandatory science. Lord how Kai couldn't wait. "And in history, well, I guess we can take naps together?" History wasn't good for anything else, after all.

"But we should get going, we don't want to be late on the first day back." Kai said with a fake big grin, although inside he felt like crying.

Beeze Beeze

Users who are viewing this thread

Back