• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Westbrook

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
James chuckled a little. "It's alright." He said running his hand through his hair. "Your sister is very beautiful. She's a gorgeous, smart, caring, funny, and fun girl. And I think that any man who dated her would be the luckiest man in the world." He said as Samantha's words went right over his head. James was kinda daft when it came to subtlety and relationships. His whole life has been be the best because that's what you are. When high school started James put every effort on and off the field. So he didn't really have time to slow down for relationships.
R Rock And Roll Boy

"You're not wrong there. But, maybe, she's got a specific person in mind". Samantha found herself getting shushed by Angelina, Samantha raising her hands and giving her a teasy look.
"Ignore her, James. Thank you for the compliment. Unlike Samantha, I think I'm going to focus on my diet and schoolwork". Samamtha wiped fake tears away, giving her sister a sarcastic thumbs up. She knew Angelina wanted him.

Dak Dak

Last edited:
"That's good for you." He said with a smile. "You know Angelina the animal shelter could always use more people to help. I could put in a good word if you want?" He offered. "It makes you feel good when volunteer your time." He said. He was going to help after. "I am going there today, you're more then welcome to join me if you want?" He offered to take her to the animal shelter. It was fun because he got to play with the dogs and cats when he was done. It was super fun and it was one of the highlights of his day.
R Rock And Roll Boy

Angelina seemed to hesitate for a minute or two. "When would I need to be there"? While she loved animals, she didn't like getting dirty and smelling of unpleasant odours. Plus, her and Samantha had a strict curfew. Samantha didn't say anything, already at her locker and leaving them to it. "Sounds intriguing. I can't stay out past eleven thirty though".

Dak Dak

Jubie nodded and grabbed a second bottle of water from the fridge. With a small bounce in her step, she grinned and handed it over to Kai. Her boyfriend. The word still felt so strange, but she liked it. She liked Kai. Even though it felt so surreal, she truly was putting effort into this relationship and it seemed to be paying off. She thought it was going well. Of course, it was still new. She didn’t want to expect to still be with Kai twenty years into the future, but she was going to play this day by day.

She was just enjoying it.

At least they both agreed that lunch would be a fun time. It was always good for unwinding, and now Jubie knew she’d have someone to sit with instead of just hanging out awkwardly a few feet from a group of friends. She always managed to fill her time with homework or whatever, but Kai would make it a lot more fun. “Oooh. Don’t worry. I get decent science grades, so I’m sure we’ll at least pass,” she promised. She’d only failed an English class before, but she would be sure Kai didn’t fail science. “I like naps,” she said. “Maybe we should skip history one day and just come back here and nap. Jayden Won’t know,” she promised.

“I guess,” she said, her smile fading as the next wave of fear approached. Kai had distracted her, but now the prospect of going back to school returned. She bit her lip slightly and forced a smile. “Let’s go,” she said, grabbing her phone and house key from the counter.

Winona Winona

"I'll be heading there after school. I'm normally only there for a couple of hours. Usually I just give them a bath, feed them give them a little exercise then I wrap it up for the day. But that is usually after practice and all my homework is done. But seeing as today is the first day, they usually don't assign to much homework." He said. "I promise you will be home no later then 7 pm." He said. The shelter he volunteers usually would only keep him there for a few hours. It was also a great place to go.If he was ever stressed out, he would go and play with the puppies and kittens, or other smaller animals. It was a great place to go.
R Rock And Roll Boy

"Well, I can finish my homework later on. If I get any. Mind if I head out with you later, then? Since I've got no plans this evening? Excuse me a sec...". Angelina buried her face in another tissue and had a small sneezing fit. "Bless me. So, should I get changed before heading out to the shelter? I don't imagine a dress would be practical".

Dak Dak

Ryan heard the words from Ash. She was thanking him for not hurting the new kid. Hell He just didn't want to leave. If he did, his fun would all be gone. But still for Ash to say that. It meant that someone took notice. He was still a punk who a lot of people hated. That wasn't going to change. No way no how. But Ryan could care less about what people thought. He lived for one thing. The rush. Doing crazy stuff that filled him with adrenaline. He welcomed it with open arms.

His mind was in other places, so much so that he didn't see them. He bumped into Ava and a new kid. "Uh. sorry... I was just thinking." He said looking to see who he had bumped into. It was Ava. Now for the past few years, Ryan had a secret thing for Ava. She was cute, and Ryan always had a thing for the cute ones. "I was just thinking about how I was going take you out this weekend?" He said
elextrified elextrified

James chuckled. "No I don't think it would be that practical... I'll drive you home if you want." He said offering to give her a ride home. "You're going not going to regret this. It's gonna be so much fun." He said sounding a little giddy. He knew that she was going to have a lot of fun. He always enjoyed it when he went there. The animals were always so happy to see him. It was like they didn't know that they were in the shelter. That's what made him so happy.
R Rock And Roll Boy

"That's very generous of you. You don't have to; I only live ten minutes away. Plus, I'll need to walk my lunch off later". She kept thinking about the things she'd be doing at the shelter. Ignoring the butterflies in her stomach, Angelina lifted up her glasses and rubbed her eyes gently. "So we just bathe them, feed them and make sure they get their exercise? Sounds easy enough. Well, it will with be you there helping me. As well as the animals".

Dak Dak

"Really?" Ash's eyes lit up in surprise. "Well, I'm sorry that this was your first taste of public school." She said, gesturing towards where the crowd as starting to disperse from the scene of the fight now that Ryan had left, there wasn't any point in sticking around to see the defeated freshman.

"Yeah, I'd love to show you around." Ash laughed. "I remember my first day, but luckily I had the older cheerleaders and my brother to show me around." Ah, yes. Sophomore Jace when he'd been in the end of brace face stage. "What's your schedule? And your grade? Maybe we'll have classes together."

Jiyoon Jiyoon

Ava
Ava continued to watch her classmate with a smile on her face, the insult that was clearly threatening to spill from the person's lips flying straight over her head; it wasn't clear whether or not she purposefully ignored it, or if she truly hadn't noticed it in the first place. "I usually post my outfit of the day every morning after I get dressed. I was in a bit of a rush today, you know? First day and all. I just had to make sure I posted it, and get all of my tags right of course." she responded, her words coming out quickly. She had been told that she spoke quickly for her entire life but had never made any effort in slowing down. She had a lot of important things to say and didn't want to spend forever saying them- it wasn't her fault if people couldn't follow along. "Though, I guess if I'm going to be carrying coffee around, I should pay more attention when I'm walking. It would have been tragic if I had ruined my outfit." She lifted the hand that held her phone in it, waving it around in a dismissive gesture.

"Nevermind that, I'll set an alarm on my phone to remember to post my Instagram updates from now on." Again, Ava offered the person a cheeky smile. "Anyways, it was cool meeting you! I think I would look hideous with spikes on my head, but they kind of suit you. What did you say your name was again?" Before even giving the person a chance to respond, she turned her gaze right back down to the phone in her hand, "Ooo, do you have an Instagram? I have a lot of followers so I try to keep my following count down, but I'd totally follow you!"

acenby acenby

Jesus. This girl was actually like this. It was like out of a movie. SJ was actually so impressed by the utter depravity of it all they were stunned into silence as the girl rambled on uselessly. How could a person even say that much and actually mean anything? And who cared so much about Instagram? SJ was tempted to go with another snarky comment for a half a second before deciding it was better to just lay it on brutal. Maybe that would get the girl to actually shut up, since she didn't seem to notice that SJ was so not having this conversation. "I didn't," they said to the name query. "But it's SJ." If they were pretending they belonged, someone had to know their name. SJ rolled their eyes as the girl steamrollered on.

When the girl asked about an Instagram account, SJ just about lost it. "Yeah, it's called Barbies Go To Hell," SJ said. What would SJ even put on a Instagram account? And as if she'd start one. People might try to get to know them then, even if it was through posed photographs that weren't even real. Actually...SJ did like photography, and they had a tendency to take pictures. Maybe they should start an Instagram. What would they call it? Actually they liked the sound of Barbies Go To Hell. Huh.

elextrified elextrified

Rory looked at what was left of the fight. It wasn't pretty as the boy laid on the ground almost lifeless. "It's okay. My mom has sheltered me my whole life and being in this school feels like freedom honestly".

Most kids would complain about school but Rory loved being here and he almost wish he could stay longer. "I'm a sophomore and I would tell you my schedule but Im not so sure either", Rory chuckled nervously. "You mentioned you had cheerleaders to help you. Are you also a cheerleader?"
Winona Winona

cody-simpson-paradise-tour-585x3531.jpg
Nick was able to pry Ryan's arms off of the freshman. Nick figured that he would be able to get in-between the two of them and break this up probably saving this freshman from having his face broken. Something else completely different happened though. The freshman told him to fuck off and shoved Nick away. Nick not expecting that fell a few steps backwards. He stood there kinda with his mouth open not understanding why this freshman was just going to be a dick to him after he tried to help him. Nick was going to go back in there and try to break it up again, but then the freshman's twin brother stopped him and said that his brother was grumpy and that he had more honey buns. Nick actually blushed a little as he looked at the freshman's twin brother, the kid was attractive. Nick mentally shook his head, there was no way he could think like that could he? He was supposed to think that way about girls not boys. "Yeah well I hope your brother will be okay, not trying to see some kid get killed on his first day of high school." Nick chuckled as he then heard Ryan tell him he'd better back off unless he wanted to get hurt too. Nick smirked after that comment. "Yeah whatever you say Ryan, good job picking fighting a freshman buddy." Nick was a little heated, in reality he didn't want to fight Ryan but he would if he had too.

Nick's attention turned to a voice that came from behind him. He turned and saw Drake which again made him blush. "Oh hey Drake, yeah I'm good man, just really not wanting to see a freshman get killed on his first day of high school." Nick chuckled

Winona Winona elextrified elextrified Dak Dak

Ava
"Oh!" The smile on Ava's lips had yet to falter throughout their conversation. "SJ. That stands for something, right? I mean, I guess it could be a name. I just don't see why someone would name their child a bunch of letters. If they want a short name, they could pick something pretty like Ava." she prattled on as if she hadn't just casually paid herself a compliment. "Nice to meet you SJ! I-" She paused, words faltering as her brain processed exactly what they said to her, "I- that's your Instragram name?" she questioned, having been so caught up in her own ramblings that she hadn't responded to it for several moments. "Not what I would have picked. It sounds sort of vulg- oh! Hey, you're one of those hispters, aren't you? That's why your hair is so spiked up like that. I get it. I have an aesthetic to-"

She gave a small gasp as, for the second time already, she felt her body collide with something- only this time, she hadn't even been moving. Maybe she ought to finish her coffee quickly since this was appearing to become a regular occurrence. Clenching her fingers tightly against the Starbucks cup in her hand as if she were preparing to be jostled yet again, her lips turned downwards in a small pout. "I could have spilled my coffee on my outfit." she voiced, her voice a quiet protest as she glanced up to see who was clearly out to ruin her life. And then she glanced up some more. Oh. He was tall- and cute, even if he almost did ruin her outfit. She pushed her blonde locks behind her ears as the boy spoke, not quite grasping the fact that he was flirting with her; the words he spoke weren't anything new- a lot of people were thinking about taking her out. She licked her lips before responding in a sweet voice, "I was just thinking about getting more followers on Instagram. We can go somewhere if you follow me."

acenby acenby
Dak Dak

ooc/ omg sj hates her so much
ic/

SJ decided not to dignify that with a response. This girl was super thick. You'll love hanging out with your peers again, come on, SJ, school will be fun, do you really want to hang around here forever? The answer was looking more and more like 'yes.' SJ was extremely tempted to just upend the girl's coffee, and was terribly irritated when it was oh-so-close to happening again and then just...didn't. Where was karma? Not with them, that was for sure.

"Barbie cares more about her camera than people, I'd be careful of that one. If her followers told her to, she'd probably jump off a bridge." SJ informed the new reckless walker. Man, they already hated this place. Everyone was an idiot and couldn't watch where they were going, they thought, conveniently forgetting that they had purposefully made Ava walk into them.

Barbies go to Hell...yeah maybe they would use that name, and then take pictures of all the stupid barbies at this school. There didn't seem to be any lack of them.

elextrified elextrified Dak Dak

Ryan listened as she said that she wouldn't mind going out with him, if he followed her on insta. Ryan scratched his head. Was this girl really vain that all she cared about was how she looked. But hell she was cute and Ryan had a thing for her. Plus he was going to toy with her just a little "Sure. my handle is King Ryan." He said pulling out his galaxy note 8 and opened up his insta. There was a lot of photo's of him and his bike and some landscapes. "I ride around a lot and get to see a lot of interesting places... I was planning on taking a little trip this weekend. I think you would like it." He said smiling at her.

"You'd be down to ride on my bike right?" He said. "The open air in your hair, feeling the engine vibrate as it revs. Best part is the only thing that I'm missing a gorgeous girl who wants to go." He said walking around her. "So what do you say? My treat, plus I know this great little diner that is so retro, and vintage. I think you'd love it." He said. If she went with him then he would have no problem paying for her. It was the gentlemanly thing to do after all.
elextrified elextrified

Well, freedom was one word for the ability to get into fights. A fight which, Ash noted, none of the teachers had picked up on. That seemed to be a problem, but it wasn't really her worry. It wasn't like breaking up fights would ever affect Ash personally -- she typically tried to stay as far away from brutal stuff like that as possible.

"Oh, that's fine. You can go down to the office. They pass out class schedules there if you've misplaced or didn't receive yours." Ash explained. It had happened to her last year. "I can walk down there with you, if you'd like, and then show you your class." After all, Ash didn't have anything else to do with her morning before classes started. "And yes, I am a cheerleader. Since I was like five and I was in the kid version of it." She said with a laugh. Ah, those had been the simple days.

Jiyoon Jiyoon

--------------------------------------------

"Are you sure you're okay?" Drake asked, fretting over Nick for a moment as he shot one last glare in the twins' direction. He then turned back to Nick, grabbing his friend by his shoulders and then yanking the poor guy closer so that Drake was almost nose to nose with him. "He didn't hurt you, did he? Physically? Emotionally? If he did, I will go and fight him. Like, I'm not very good at fighting, but I know how to bite people and smack wildly and scream for help. So don't you worry, I got you."

After a moment, he let go of Nick, but instead started pushing him away from the scene of the fight. "Well, good job trying to keep that freshman from getting killed, but you know how Ryan is! No touchy that crazy." Drake thought it was common sense, and he didn't want to see anyone he cared about get wrapped up with Ryan. Or... anyone, for that matter. Except for Sawyer. She scared the heck out of him, so go ahead and let Ryan have her all to himself.

Timv9 Timv9

imageedit_1_8036391805.jpg

Winona jerked up into a sitting position as she finally woke up from her alarm clock blaring. Her head whipped over to her clock, Crap Crap Crap!, she thought to herself as she jumped out of bed. If she didn't hurry she would be late to school and that wasn't going to look well seeing as how it would be her first day there. She didn't know how she felt about the school yet, all she knew was that her father signed her up and told her where it was. Winona bounced around trying to get into some jeans before going into her bathroom to brush her teeth and fix her hair. She let it be out for right now but she knew by the time she got to school it would be under a hoodie or pulled back. It was like her brain was going on fast forward, trying to do too many things at once with not enough time. Winona grabbed a random shirt and pulled her gray hoodie on that had a small Pikachu in the corner. Finishing up she grabbed her phone, backpack, and keys she finally got out of the house not bothering with breakfast, and started walking towards the school.

Winona looked at the map on her phone and there were two ways, she could go around the forest which took about 5 minutes longer or go through the forest which would shave off about 3. Looks like it's the forest today, Winona thought as she walked towards the trees. It turned out a lot more scenic than she initially thought it would be. She walked along a log that created a bridge over a small stream and followed a trail that at the end of she could see a brick wall which she assumed was the school. Seems like I wasn't the only one who thought that trees were a better path. Winona walked around to the front of the school and before walking in, put up the hood on her hoodie. She opened the door and walked inside, it was hot and there were already too many people for her liking. She made her way to the front office to get her schedule and her locker number. I pray my dad didn't tell them I was mute, I do not need some stranger following me around school.

cody-simpson-paradise-tour-585x3531.jpg

Nick smiled as Drake again asked him if he was okay. "yeah dude don't worry I'm fine, the kid barely shoved me I just wasn't expecting it and Ryan didn't touch me at all. I'm fine really." Nick smiled at him again as he tried to turn his attention back to the twin that actually tried to talk to him. Next thing Nick knew he was face to face with Drake. Drake had grabbed him on the shoulders and had pulled their faces mere inches away from each other's faces. This caused Nick to blush a deep shade of red. Drake was attractive and the fact that they were this close was making Nick nervous. He tried to calm down so that he could keep his cool. "Thanks Drake I appreciate it but trust me I'm good you don't have to worry." Drake had started pulling him away while this was going on. Nick broke free from his grip, he wanted to go back to that freshman. "Hey Drake thank you so much I really appreciate it, but I want to go back and check on those two okay?" Nick smiled at him again before turning around and heading back towards the twins.

Nick saw the twins walking off, Nick took a deep breath and walked after them. Nick walked up and tapped the shoulder of the twin who was eating the homey bun. "Hey sorry about that, my friend was just making sure I was okay. I wanted to make sure you guys were okay? You're freshman right? Definitely don't want to make an enemy like that on your first day." Nick looked over to the twin who had been fighting with Ryan. "Sorry about getting involved in your business man, I'm sure you can handle yourself just fine, but still just didn't want to see you get hurt on your first day." Nick turned back to the honey bun twin and blushed light again before shaking it off. "Im Nick by the way, whats your guys names?"

elextrified elextrified Winona Winona

Ryan smiled. He had a date with a hot girl that weekend. He chuckled. "It's nice to me you SJ. I'm Ryan. If you don't know who I am... I don't doubt that you'll probably hear something about me soon." He said looking over at them. The spikes in their hair was the first thing that Ryan noticed. They seemed like they were getting a little annoyed with Ava. He could understand that. Ava was a little interesting. She was a little weird when it came to getting hints. "Hey Ava, I think the bell is about to ring, shouldn't we get to class?" He said trying to help SJ out. "It was very nice to meet you SJ." He said.

"I guess I'll slide into your DM's when it comes closer to the time to come and pick you up." He said. "I'll see you later... Take care." He said as he flashed a smile. With a wave he was gone. His mind was thinking about what he was going to do with her. Take her out to the country on the outskirts of town. Take her to Jane's diner, maybe take her up a mountain and look out over the cliff.
elextrified elextrified

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"That's for the most part. If you're just starting out, then you'll probably be working with the older dogs. They're not as uppity and won't really give you that many problems. That's how most people start out. Eventually you'll get to work with the younger ones." He said. James remembers when he started out. The older dogs are so sweet and kind. A couple of them aren't that nice, but those are for the people that have been there for a long time. "Seeing as your coming as the one I invited, I'll be the one that gets to work with you and show you the ropes." He said. He was going to miss the younger dogs, but he loved the older dogs. They were so kind and sweet. But one of them stood out in front of them all.
R Rock And Roll Boy

[IMG='align:right;']https://i.imgur.com/03oIiJy.jpg[/IMG]The boy sporting the indigo necktie went down the hallway like a criminal marching off to death row. He kept his head down and studied the shiny toe-caps of his newly polished black shoes as he went. He thought by avoiding everyone they would avoid him, too. He was wrong. Turns out Casper the Friendly Ghost wasn’t so invisible after all.

The corridor of Westbrook was a long one. He reckoned it was longer than Sheep Street where he grew up. Not to mention it was wide, lined with metal lockers on the one side and classroom doors on the other. His previous school, St. Catherine’s, didn’t even have a hallway -- it had a passageway at best which no more than one kid could squeeze through at a single time. Hell, there were more kids in this hallway alone than there were in his entire school. He wondered if he was going to get a locker of his own. He’d never had a locker at school before.

The boy with the tie was oblivious to the drama that developed in the hallway prior to his arrival. He was still lost in thoughts and watching his feet so closely. . . that suddenly – BAM! He walked straight into an older student, nearly a head-on collision, saved only by his quick reflexes. The boy bounced off the dark-haired male and froze in his spot. He looked apologetic enough, but he was still in such a shock that no ‘sorry’ actually left his mouth.

elextrified elextrified

Last edited:
"Aaaawww. I can picture the cute, older dogs. German Shepards are my favourite, as well as Staffies. What dog breed is your favourite"? Then she heard him say he'll be working with her and showing her the ropes, so to speak. That made her heart race again. "I can't wait for you to teach me".

Dak Dak

Rory Quinn

Public school was going better than he thought. He had seen his first fight in years and hopefully made a friend. Rory would be lying if he said he was a little worried about how the first day of school would go. At his old school, he had friends but they weren't really his friend and instead were merely just customers that would pay him to complete their homework. Rory had lunch with he the lunch lady every day but he didn't mind since she gave him extra food still it wasn't the same and he envied those who would have so much fun during lunch.

"Wow, that's cool. You must be like the best cheerleader then", he insisted. "If you don't mind then yeah I would like you to walk with me to the office".
Winona Winona

"I don't mind at all." Ash replied. After all, she did like trying to help newbies, and Rory was friendly. Friendly was rare for Ash to find since, well, she had a habit of befriending the toxic people, and hanging around them. What? There was something about being friends with jerks who put her down all the time that, for some reason, Ash had trouble getting away from. Well, that and her fellow cheerleaders, but she wasn't sure if she necessarily considered them to be close friends. "I'm definitely not the best cheerleader, though." She said with a laugh, easily knocking down the compliment as she started walking in the direction of the office with her books held tightly to her chest. Well, it was true, right? She wasn't the best. At all.

"Anyway, I know what it's like to be new... or, well, I guess not really." She frowned. Ash had been going to Westbrook since she was little. Sure, her father had tried to ship her off to private school, but one small fit later and here she still was. "But if you need anything, just find me. Or give me your phone, I'll put in my number and then you can text me whenever you need something." She suggested, shifting her books to be held in one arm so that she could take Rory's phone.

Jiyoon Jiyoon

Rory Quinn

As Ash's hand extended near his own hand he almost freezes. He has never had anyone number before and would often use the phone in the principal's office instead. Rory slowly took his phone out of his backpack slightly embarrassed by how small and old it was. "Here". Rory put the phone in her hand. "Sorry, its kind of small. I think it's the iPhone 4", mumbled. One of the reasons he decided against getting a phone at his old school because all of the kids would make fun of him. His mother never understood how cruel kids were and even though the teachers did they never did anything to the bullies.

Rory zipped his backpack. "I'm sure you're still amazing", He said before noticing the last part. "What do you mean not really?"

Winona Winona

Users who are viewing this thread

Back