• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern We're All In This Together | Main

Characters
Here
juliette
the shy girl
Although when Mr. Shue had first announced the partner project Juliette had been skeptical, mostly of her own abilities, sitting here with Jullian was making her feel a little better. He had a way of making her feel like she was queen of the world, or at least, queen of the theater or queen of her spotify playlists. She felt warmth spread on her face as he gushed about her playlists and her music taste while he scrolled through them, and she shook her head. "You're being ridiculous." She told him, even though she was smiling, as she sank down in her seat some.

"Oh, I can help if you want!" Suddenly growing excited at the prospect of helping someone else obtain ten+ sorted playlists, Jules looked over at her new companion, leaning her head back on the seat. Just as she settled like that, though, he accidentally clicked on her rock playlist, and a song by Falling In Reverse blasted through the entire theater, making her and maybe even a few others jump. She jerked up in her seat as he managed to shut the track off, leaving the room in an eerie silence for a few seconds before other started up their conversations again.

Jullian sank into the seat, obviously embarrassed as he hid his face in his hands. Feeling a bit awkward, her heart still racing from the loud start to the song, she glanced around. She was ready to tell Lian that no one was looking even if it was a lie when he suddenly reached into his pocket and pulled out a pack of... something. He lifted his head, basically groveling as he offered her the candy in exchange for her not laughing. She bit down on the inside of her cheek and reached to grasp his hand in hers, folding his hand back over the pink candy.

"Keep it. I won't laugh, though. And I think it's aneurysm." He was already burying his face again and she sighed, her lips twitching upwards as his voice sounded again from within his jacket. "Let's do Say Something, then. You wanna go find somewhere else to rehearse? Maybe outside?" Her goal was to get him away from his embarrassment, because she understood how it felt. She was almost surprised at how easy it was to help when it was someone else's embarrassment and shyness instead of her own.

theater
embarrassed
Jullian ( Hugh Flynn Hugh Flynn )
coded by natasha.

romeo
the loner
Romeo was pretty thrilled to be working with the redheaded cheerleader, even if Ash was the furthest thing from happy herself. But the thing was, Romeo knew he was talented, and he knew that she knew that as well. They could easily get a good grade on this project if they put aside their differences and worked together. But then again, would Romeo stop tormenting the redheaded cheerleader? Pffft, not at all. It was too much fun seeing the look on her face and in her eyes when he did so, even if she did try to get back at him by calling him by his birth name. Ugh, Thomas. He hated it. Loathed it, and she knew that. Everyone knew that. But whatever, if that was the worst she had, then she had nothing.

Somehow, though, he doubted it was the worst. But still, he wouldn't let that stop him. He grinned as Ash closed her eyes, exhaling a moment later. "Same thing." He shrugged, winking at her and leaning closer. For a second he thought he had her, then she pushed him away, going off about the dance number. He mocked her as she ran off at the mouth, but when she started talking about his clothes he immediately looked down at himself. "First of all, Ashlynn, Andy Biersack is a god and you will respect him as such. Second of all, don't talk about my clothes, and I won't talk about yours. Unless, of course, you wanna talk about how good they look on the floor."

He didn't miss her comment about getting it up and it nearly made him snort. "Do I ever need a moment to get it up?" He shot her a look that was both annoyed and playful. "And why tomorrow? Why not today? Or do you need time to prepare to be around me?" He watched as she looked up a karaoke version of the song, pressing the video to play without giving warning. She hit the first beat immediately, and he listened to her voice, realizing again just how nice her voice was. One thing about Ashlynn, she was confident, but she had every right to be because yes, she was talented.

Romeo knew the song and he picked up the male part as soon as it started, even going so far as to grab her hand and pull her closer to him, despite the arm of the chair between them. He was a great actor, or at least he thought he was, but he was being extra now on purpose as their voices filled the auditorium, not caring who looked at them. Since when did Romeo ever care who looked at him? The song finished and he released her hand, smirking as he sat back in his seat. "Still think I can't keep up, cheerleader?"

theater
cocky
Ash ( _amaranth_ _amaranth_ )
coded by natasha.

It was not like Ash was horrified to be working with Romeo. In a way, she was, sure. It was Thomas, for god’s sake! But he was also a good singer and while she would never admit it out loud, neither would she ever say it to his face, it was true and if someone was going to make her look good and compliment her on the stage, it was him. Other guys in the room were all great artists as well, as much Ash needed to admit but Marco was way too stoic, AJ was chaotic and could get on her nerves and Julian, while adorable with his candy tricks, seemed a bit unfocused to the cheerleader. All in all, despite all her complaints and bitching, even Queen Ash needed to admit that she ended up the best she could.

The redheaded cheerleader was more than sure that this week was definitely going to be filled with banter and insults. It was always like that between her and the dark broody boy. How she could allow herself to sleep with him, that was beyond her. Granted, she was drunk as a skunk when it happened but damn. Damn! Now he had the strongest ace in his sleeve of them all. At least she could still keep calling him Thomas, knowing it was riling him up endlessly. Though instead of dwelling on unimportant details, the cheerleader decided to move onto the song selection, ending up with a summer hot hit which was definitely going to earn her…well, okay, them…nice amount of points. IF! If Romeo managed to pull of the choreography as well.

“First of all…” she mocked him, “…I don’t care who your depressed role model is. Second of all, stop talking about my clothes on the floor already. It’s making you sound desperate, Tommy.” Ash batted her eyelashes and once again, moved on, giving him instructions and listing everything she expected him to do by tomorrow. Too late did she realize her unfortunate choice of words but oh well, it was out there and she jus smirked. “Well, I know your moment is much longer then mine…since we’re talking…” Shaking her head, very much annoyed by him getting to her so much, and for now, ignored his questions before playing the karaoke version of their song of choice, not caring that there were still other people in the room. Let them watch and learn.

Their voices mashed very well together and created a harmonious mixture that floated in the air in the theater as they slowly got through the last chorus of the song. Romeo even pulled her together which made her frown for a moment but in the end, she even appreciated it as closer to him, Ash heard his voice much better and could adapt and adjust her own tones. Once over, he, of course, shot her another comment and she just gave him a mocking grimace. “Get up, Thomas. Since you’re so eager to work, I’m going to teach you the steps right away.” she ordered and shot up from her seat, grabbing her bag as she went. “Today, please?”

the cheerleader

Ash.

• filler tab!

♡coded by uxie♡

AJ was exactly that type of guy who simply took life as it came and mostly didn’t make trouble out of anything. He was that life of the party, tried to make the room laugh all the time and usually did even in those cases he wasn’t trying to. Sometimes he simply walked in and the roar of laughter flooded him immediately. And only when he looked at, the young Brit noticed they were all staring at him because he was late, the class already started and he came in with a sandwich between his teeth, fidgeting with the zipper on his varsity jacket, dragging his bac behind him. So much for that legendary British sophistication and charm. But make no mistake, the boy was charming as hell, he simply needed to want it.

Just as he was sitting here now with Emilia, the sister of his best friend who was away now, probably overthinking every sentence Laurel said. For a moment, AJ was tempted to get up and find them only to see how that particular pair was going to work out. He knew Marco very well and he also knew Laurel, his partner in crime for the craziest stuff out there. What was Mr. Schue even thinking, putting those two together?

Well, however, the task at hand was different, not stalking out his two bestest of friends. He needed to help Emilia to figure the song out so he offered a juice box, they toasted for the future cooperation and started their brainstorming. However short-lived that was. Because the second Emilia mentioned something acoustic, there was only one song AJ knew was worth doing and he immediately pulled it up on his phone, sharing it with his brunette partner.

When she said it was perfect and that they had their song, AJ was truly on cloud nine. “Really? You like it? Dude, that’s so great! I’m totally stoked to sing this with you.” he grinned, American slang sounding a little funny in that thick British accent of his. Then she went spiraling about the guitar and how she didn’t play and how it was not going to be as good without the instrument and AJ, with a wide smile on, pressed an index finger on her lips to silence her. Suddenly, he flinched as someone’s voice cut through the air and he looked up with his finger still on Emilia’s lips, only to see Ash singing a song to which Romeo added his voice in a while. “Talk about battle of titans….right there.” AJ mumbled and turned his attention back to his own partner. Retracting his finger from her lips, he smiled apologetically and looked around. “No worries. I play a little. I am no Shawn Mendez but I think I can handle it pretty well. I’ll practice just for you.” Adding a little wink, he slurped more of his boxed juice and sighed then. “So…what do you say? Shall we go and find a place to start the rehearsal?”

the jock

AJ.

♡coded by uxie♡

Emilia DeLuca
Princess
The DeLuca siblings were alike in many ways. Both of them had a tendency to disappear into their inner monologues, they were insanely awkward when faced with certain nerve-wracking situations, but most of all, they jumped to certain conclusions even after extensive efforts on the part of others to comfort them. Like now.

Emilia had almost but lost all hope in doing this wonderful song with A.J. thanks to the lack of guitar. She barely registered him leaping out of his seat to retrieve a nearby guitar. Once he was strumming it, she snapped out of her bummed trance, raising her eyebrows at this new skill she hadn't known about. It wasn't that she had no desire to learn about her peers in this club... she just tended to get distracted with her own priorities. Also, she awkward as all get out with people she didn't know well. So... everyone.

Two different walls of sound bombarded her following the start of A.J.'s guitar strumming. A Falling in Reverse song, unless she was mistaken, started blaring through the auditorium, and her head whipped over to Julian, frantically trying to stop the song from playing. Okay, that was fine. Just shocking. A shaky smile crossed her lips as she tried not to focus too much on him and his partner and save them any embarrassment. Then, the familiar strains of "Señorita" played through the room, followed by an impromptu concert by Ashlynn and Romeo. It was... almost intoxicating watching them. Emilia found her eyes glued to them, even as A.J. muttered something about a battle of titans.

As the clearly agitated (in multiple ways) pair left, Emilia was able to focus again on A.J. Her cheeks pinkened the slightest as he said he'd practice the guitar just for her. If this was flirting, she wasn't sure she would ever survive an entire week with him. But back on topic, they needed a place to practice, away from everyone else.

And she knew just the place.

"I know exactly where we can go," she said with a smile, grabbing her bag and slinging it over her shoulder. "Follow me, and I'll show you my secret hiding place." With a secretive smile, she led the way out of the theater room and towards a secluded spot out back where no one had ever disturbed her when she practiced.

theater room > in transit.

less of a hot mess ; confident.

outfit.

a.j. _amaranth_ _amaranth_ , marco @Andei
coded by natasha.

Jullian Aevitas

mood: indubitably ready to practice

outfit: add the glasses akwjdsawoid

interactions: juliette

tags: apolla apolla

Jullian Aevitas had already pinned Jules as the shy girl with some hidden, unknown personality behind a silent exterior. He had even swept physical touch off the table, only to be surprised when Jules quietly slipped it back on with nary a murmur, all with a simple touch of the hand. Lian flinched when his partner grabbed not the humble offering, but rather his hand, balling it and the candy back up. Neither of his parents had physical touch as their love language, and even if it was, there wasn't much love being shown in the endless warzone that was his house.

Just for a second, Lian's eyes were filled with a thousand-yard stare as his head peeked out of his arms.
He slowly looked up at the petite female in front of him, before allowing his gaze to fall down towards the Pochi. Immediately after, he pocketed the Pochi, looking at Jules with a beaming smile on his face to reply, "Yeah, sure." Mentally wincing at the uncharacteristically short reply, he turned away to pick up his laptop and bag to start packing up. He'd just barely shoved his laptop into the pack before changing his mind, knowing they'd just come back here for the duets.

Perhaps that was too desperate of an offering? I misjudged. That's all.

Taking a second to filter through his pack for a few of his favorite sweeties, he spun back around, simultaneously unwrapping a caramel square to throw it into his mouth. Lian exaggerated a gentlemanly bow before chirping, "Alrightyroo, I'm all shugga'd up and ready to practice! Miss Shakespeare, after you." He allowed the sugar to work its way through his veins, propelling each action he took as a way to cover up his little blunder earlier. It had worked flawlessly for his parents, and he knew it would work here as well. No one knew him and his little tells, a fact that bore both good and bad sides. Thankfully, in this situation where Jules didn't know much about him, this was one of the good sides.

coded by weldherwings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back