• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Well of Wishes | Main IC | [Closed]

Characters
Here
Other
Here
celestine_oceania.png
Celestine Oceania

Maybe it was from the heat exhaustion she was constantly battling, or maybe she had become a little too comfortable around landsmen, even strangers, now that she had befriended people in this group, but unlike Gwen, the syphid's suspicions weren't raised when Jezmir approached. Sure they didn't know him and were exploring a place that was new to them, but wasn't that the same situation as with Calcius? If that experience was anything to go by, their environment was more of a threat than their tour guide.

As they were led through the remnants of a civilization, she tried her best to imagine what it must have been like in its prime. With its dilapidated state and much of it being buried in sand, she found herself heavily using her imagination to fill in the gaps. All the buildings in her mind were equated to places she had seen back in Oceania, which, despite this being called the Dead Ocean, certainly could not have been an accurate comparison. With a frown, she turned to Jezmir, wondering if she should ask him for details about each place, but found him to be too far out of the shade and herself to be overheating.

Any curiosity about the rubble outside was squashed upon seeing the tall metal spire. Celestine couldn't help but think back to the giant's bone. Were there really such huge creatures that walked the earth before them? If that was the case though, the width and the size of the hatch that Jezmir presented would have made no sense.

"Oh dear..." she responded to Gwen's comment. The Princess had been joking before when suggesting they would be prepared if there was another cave in, but now was seriously starting to fear it. She once again wished Ayana could have joined them on this expedition. Carefully jumping in after Gwen, she was thankful there was a lumen spell to make her descent not one into pitch blackness. Like Gwen, she turned to Jezmir for direction, and like Nemeia, she was also concerned about walking into a beast's nest. All she got from Jezmir was some boasting and concern about smell. Yes, it wasn't the most pleasant, but being ambushed by monsters seemed even more unpleasant.

Just then, another man dropped in on the group. Celestine jumped for a moment, but calmed down when she realized the voice was familiar. When she realized who it belonged to though, she couldn't help but furrow her brow. When he whispered in Gwen's ear, the syphid had to look away, least her glare bore straight through the man's head. She was so fixated on Leone that Xiko's comment about lacking muscle power due to the group being more women than men was something she let slip by.

"Well, I know some of us here are very capable and able to work well together," the syphid started, her eyes lingering on Gwen for a moment as the edges of her lips curled up slightly, "but I'm not sure about everyone's strengths and weaknesses. Paired up with certain others, some could be hinderances rather than help." She gazed at all of the party though did pause to look at Leone for a tad longer than the rest. "We may be more detectable as one big group, but I do think that the advantages outweigh the dangers of that." As for the direction they went in, she had no qualms, so when Daisy chose right, she nodded. "Fine by me."

Interactions:
Gwen ( Sarahspn Sarahspn ), Leone, Jezmir ( Jet Jet ), Nemeia ( Topless Topless ), Daisy ( Fred Colon Fred Colon ), Xiko ( Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3 )

rp1.jpg

Gwendolyn gave Jezmir and glare before rolling her eyes. “You’re so helpful.” She sighed, looking further down the halls.

She heard Celestine drop into the tunnels and looked towards her, already annoyed by their guide. She gave the syphid a small smile as she waited for everyone to make it down.

It’s hard to believe you’re an avid adventurer when a foul smell has you begging to the gods.” Gwen commented, flicking her eyes towards Jezmir.

As Leóne’s voice echoed down, Gwen could feel most of her worries fade away. She turned towards him, a bright smile greeting him. As he whispered in her ear, she gave Leóne a nod.

Neither do I. Thank gods you’re here.” She whispered back, putting her dagger back in its small sheath.

She took Leóne’s hand and gave it a small squeeze before letting it go. Her have rested on her dagger, prepared to attack or defend at any moment.

As the group discussed where to head first, they agreed that the tunnels to the right would be a good direction to start.

I don’t think we should split up. It’s far too dangerous. If anyone can conjure another lumen spell, that would be very helpful.” Gwen said, looking at their small group.

Her eyes lingered on the group for a moment before turning to face to tunnels to the right. Seeing as she had the first source of light, she figured she must lead the way.

Gwen began walking down the tunnel, her light footsteps echoing off the metal walls. After a few moments, a door on the left wall came into view as the tunnel continued. She paused in front of the door and bit her lip.

Might as well.” She muttered before pushing the door open, revealing a small room.

Jet Jet Anne Boolean Anne Boolean Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3 Topless Topless Fred Colon Fred Colon

bb3deafc1532dc2e39580af13527d3bd (1).jpg

Luka leaned against an overturned pillar, his arms were crossed and he slowly shook his head. "Me fightin giants? You takin the piss?"

A young tribesman raised his brow. "What is... take piss?" His words were broken and accented; Centosian was clearly his second language.

Luka struggled to understand the southern man, but he eventually said, "Takin' the piss is when you crack jokes mate."

The tribesmen shrugged. "But why no giant? You run?"

"Giants aren't real ya mug, but then again, dragons were supposed to be extinct so who knows?"

The southerner scratched his head. "Dragon?" he confusedly asked.

Luka vacantly stared in return. "What do they teach you in this blasted place?" He chuckled below his breath. "Look mate, a dragon's like a big lizard with wing— but he stopped when Jane asked for volunteers. Her mission sounded better than being interviewed to death, so he patted the man's shoulder and said, "Duty calls mate, best of luck with life!"

He curtly nodded and walked away, approaching Jane with a narrow smile. "Strong, brave and good lookin? You know you could've just said me name." He checked his belt for his knife. "Thanks for savin me from that lad over there, he kept askin about Centos." He paused and looked around the group. "So what's this about hunting then? We grabbing some grub for camp?"

Sarahspn Sarahspn Anne Boolean Anne Boolean

Last edited:

The door broke from its hinges and fell with a clang, revealing a square room with rusty metal furniture. The pieces were mostly indiscernible, but some retained a vaguely chair-like shape, along with a decayed metal disc that looked like a table.

Before anyone could enter, a pale blue light flickered from the ceiling, and a garbled hum accompanied it. Both phenomena lasted but a few seconds, leaving the adventurers to wonder what they'd seen and heard.

If anyone explores the room, they'll find ancient metal furniture, pools of stagnant water and rodent skeletons.

Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3 Sarahspn Sarahspn Topless Topless Fred Colon Fred Colon Anne Boolean Anne Boolean

Last edited:
Pozou Artith | Valentine
Interactions: Jane ( Sarahspn Sarahspn ), Kiel/Amalia ( Anne Boolean Anne Boolean )
(credit to @letoyga! for this commission!)

Pozou complete.png
Confrontations and fights between the established group and newcomers aside, people began splitting into groups to explore the desert and its secrets, or to stay behind. Even though he agreed with Aedzel that the heat was less than optimal for people of their breed, he found personally, it was rather nice on his aching wings and strained legs.

He greeted Jane with a friendly smile, before listening to her request for some strong and brave men to accompany them on hunting. Pozou knew he was anything but strong and brave, but that wasn’t everything in a hunting group. Looking at who they gathered so far for their group, he decided to step forward and smiled.

“You know I’m no warrior,” Pozou laughed, rubbing the wrist of the hand he had once lost, “but I’m sure you could all do with a medic for emergencies. I’ll accompany you for the ride.” Not that he didn’t think any of them could hold their own in a hunt, but he had heard and seen some gruesome injuries from hunts in his short career.

valentine 3.jpg
Interactions: Jane ( Sarahspn Sarahspn ), Aedzel ( Colorless Spectrum Colorless Spectrum )

Valentine was brought back when Aedzel spoke to them. They turned and blinked at the Quetzola, trying to process what they had been asked. They just about managed a small smile before they murmured, “Yes, uh…I’m just tired. It’s probably the heat, like you said,” Valentine confirmed, though, they wondered if their reassurance was believable.

Though it seemed the pirate sisters were recruiting for a hunt – and realising they had managed to blank one of them when she greeted them and Aedzel – Valentine made their response. “I’m, uh, not so well versed in hunting, I’m afraid.” It was true. Their talents – or so they believed - lay in acting and writing more than anything. Valentine turned to Aedzel.

“Perhaps we’re better staying here and getting used to the climate. Unless, hunting’s something you would be interested in?”

“Well yes I do suppose we should stay together sure we may attract more attention but we will certain have enough people To deal with whatever creatures may show up. After all what’s an adventure without a little bit of risk yes?” Xiko commented with a cheerful smirk. "But errr no my own arcane talents do not extend into the production of light sadly" Xiko said dissapointed his attention quickly grabbed by the strange blue light. "Hmm That's strange... anyone else noticed the lights?" Xiko asked slighly concerned looking at the others for a moment before stepping inside the room.

Nemeia Herakula

"Hmph, then you're as pathetic as the other men I have encountered. Don't blame us if you happen to get killed." Nemeia spoke right as another man showed up, an old one at that. Nemeia could not help but scowl. "Just what we needed; a much weaker man than the other." She thought. When Xiko asked of their thoughts, Nemeia decides to remain silent, not wanting to say anything to another man. Daisy spoke of a direction, going right. From there, the group went.

After some time, they find themselves in a small room. Xiko inquired about the blue lights that had flashed briefly. Nemeia noticed and felt wary. "That light means something wrong, and if I were to believe, there might be a trap." She said before turning to the furniture and say "This could be one's chambers, left untouched in centuries. Bah! What am I saying? Of course there could be something waiting for us to get killed. I don't see anything useful inside so I guess we should move on."

Jet Jet Anne Boolean Anne Boolean Fred Colon Fred Colon Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3 Sarahspn Sarahspn

450a9b546bc25237a27c38d219d2fbc6 (1).jpg

Leone had seen hundreds of ruined temples, towns, caves and ancient tombs — but this place was different. Its tunnels were surprisingly advanced for ancient humans, and the tower above them was equally modern. The strange discoveries made his mind race with curious thoughts, but when Daisy spoke he snapped from his contemplation. "Your guess is as good as mine," he said before making another lumen spell. "That should do it." He looked at Gwen with a narrow smile. "I had to come when I heard you were going underground… especially after what happened last time."

"But I doubt there are monsters down here." He reassuringly tapped Xiko's shoulder. "Not in these narrow tunnels anyway…" he trailed off before disproving his own point. He wanted to be optimistic, but the tunnels could connect to caverns and underground rivers. That's where the real monsters dwelled — though the most dangerous thing was a collapse. "I'm more worried about a cave-in." He scanned the ceiling for cracks. "This place must be thousands of years old, who knows what could trigger one." He stopped when the group arrived at a metal door; it was corroded but not rusted shut.

"What do we have here?" He reached for his knives as Gwen opened the door, and when it fell he smoothly unsheathed them. "I guess we'll see if any monsters live here." He looked down the tunnel for movement, but a mysterious blue light stole his attention. "That's strange. I don't sense any magic." He walked into the damp room. "What is this place," he muttered before Nemeia suggested they move on. "I'm inclined to agree. There's nothing here worth a damn." He traced his hand over the metal table, but a curious thing happened when he pulled his hand away.

A deep voice came from the room. It was choppy and most words were missing, but five phrases were audible.

"The rift is—

"We've been driven back—

"We're so close—

"Proceed with the—

"Turn the wheel."

Leone blinked several times in rapid succession, but then he snapped into "I'm a greedy treasure hunter" mode. He suddenly walked around checking every nook and cranny for the audio-source. "I'm not sensing any magic." He overturned a couple rusted chairs. "I've got nothing unless ghosts are real, but there must be an answer." He paused for a moment. "We should keep searching until we find one." He walked through the room and entered the ensuing tunnel, his eyes were ablaze with curiosity for the unknown.

Sarahspn Sarahspn Fred Colon Fred Colon Anne Boolean Anne Boolean Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3 Topless Topless

Last edited:
pirate?.pngpirate.jpg

Jane raised her brows as Luka approached her. “O-Oh, yes, of course.” She stuttered, feeling her cheeks get warm. “Woo! it’s steamy out in the desert, am I right?” she chuckled, averting her eyes from Lukas as her face turned red.

Pozou then walked up, saving Jane from embarrassing herself even more. “That would be amazing. I’m bound to get hurt in my daily life so a medic would be a literal life saver!” Jane beamed, looking between the two boys.

She frowned at Valentine’s decline. “Well, suit yourself. It’s gonna be a blast!” She shrugged before leading the boys to Rose and Amalia.

At Janes approach, Rose tilted her head at the men trailing her. ‘Thank the gods Amalia is a tank.’ Letting out a huff, she glanced at Amalia before nodding to Jane. “This will do.

Hey, everyone else is in the boring ruins.” Jane crossed her arms, reading her sisters face.

Whatever. Is everyone ready? We got desert cats, sandworms, and scorpions to kill.” Jane asked, resting her hand on one of her sword hilts.

Anne Boolean Anne Boolean Jet Jet Arcanist Arcanist

faceclaim.jpg

Amalia Winters

Upon seeing Jane return, Amalia gazed at the two men she brought along with her. It seemed that most of their companions were smart enough to heed Kiel's warning. As for the ones who did come along, Luka fit the bill for someone who would be interested in this kind of thing, and based on what she knew about Pozou, the knight assumed that he had come along for a similar reason to her own: in order to make sure none of the hotheads in the party died.

"It's quite small in numbers for a hunting party, but..." Amalia looked to the others once more, hoping that any of them would show some form of reluctance and this whole plan would be canceled. When she realized that that unfortunately wouldn't be the case, she responded to Rose, "yes. Let's make the lives of the people who have shown us kindness today a little easier. But let's also make sure we all come back alive."

Interactions:
Rose, Jane ( Sarahspn Sarahspn ), Pozou ( Arcanist Arcanist ), Luka ( Jet Jet )

Ameire couldn't help but let out an amused huff as Nadia mentioned for the human girl and her master to help- and perhaps then they might have been able to come along with them." I saw that is a more than fair trade." The Elven woman chipped in, adjusting her grip on the said disc and flinching from the young human's loud outburst as it appeared her master had... fallen asleep. She sighed out a bit, just glad when she finally decided to help in the end." It doesn't seem to me like your master is very much of one." She finally stated, and her eyes trailed back to Ayana when she was spoken to, only offering up a small smile." Neither is it mine, but with the group of us it will not be an issue." Were her last words before slowly- with the help of the others lifting up the disc. She let out a breath she held only when they carefully placed the heavy disc down and she momentarily felt like her arms would have fallen off if she didn't have many others to help with moving it over.

"Well, I suppose there is certainly something down there." The mage commented and peeked into the darkness as her eyes trailed on the inside." I am mildly surprised it's that easy, how much would you like to bet there may be traps laid ahead for us?" She chuckled at the thought, and with that she was more than happy to be the first to drop into the enclosed space, careful as she slipped down from the edge of the hole and landed with a huff into the space below. After regaining her composure and catching herself, her golden eyes trailed to see the room, she would have roughly compared it to the temple back home, since it was rather large. Carefully she stepped forward and allowed for her eyes to adjust to the sudden darkness, careful not to misstep into any sort of traps laid out.

The walls, as far as she could tell, were rusted and it was mildly surprising. She looked over the objects- noting even they seemed to be covered in rust and her lips formed a thin frown as she brushed her gloved hand over one of the few objects." Well... I suppose the rust seems to be comfortable down here." She stated, looking back towards the opening and cocking her head to the side." It seems to be safe to drop down if you would each like to join me down here, otherwise I might get a little lonely." She was joking of course, and brushed her fingers through her hair before looking back over the room itself. It was odd to see any sort of infrastructure made entirely with metal, usually they would use wood or stone back in her home town... Her curiosity grew as she waited for the others to join her.

interactions: Jet Jet Topless Topless EldridSmith EldridSmith

Users who are viewing this thread

Back