• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Welcome to Miami (Hotline Miami RP)

DamnTheStyx

Local Ferrywoman
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hotline Miami!
Everyone’s favorite Beat-The-Ever-Loving-Shit-Out-Of-‘Em-Up, filled with copious amounts of political conspiracy, drugs, and varying levels of murderous patriotism.
In short, I want an RP with that setting.
For the squeamish, I would advise you look elsewhere, for the hazy yellows, oranges, and purples and practically guaranteed to be drenched in blood.
It WILL get bloody.
It WILL get brutal.
It WILL get dark.

Still with me? Great.
A little about me first:
  • I am of the female gender and usually play characters of the same gender.
  • I am a gargantuan nerd.
  • I usually write to match my partner, but can comfortably put out a couple hundred words per post.
  • I operate at sporadic hours of the night and day. Rest assured, if I’m actually online, I’m probably either writing a response or getting to it.
And a little of what I’d hope to see from you:
  • One liners need not apply. It’s rather disheartening to put effort into something and then get a two-sentence payout consisting of ‘I punch the man in the face. He is not pleased.’
  • Someone open to OOC chatter.
  • Someone willing to put up with my nonsense.
  • Someone who will tell me if I’ve overstepped.
  • Someone who read this far down the post and knows to put the word ‘Worcestershire’ in their DM so I know they paid attention.
Let’s get to the plot, shall we? I have left it open-ended so we can go where we so wish.

Miami isn’t as nice as it used to be. Cartels have settled into the streets, peddling their goods to anyone unfortunate enough to encounter them. Of course, the Russian’s aren’t doing nearly as well as they once were, for reasons the public has yet to uncover. Then there was that animal-mask wearing lunatic a couple years back… And apparently now there’s a new serial killer in town, because of course there is. Anti-Russian killings are going mad as of late, everything from the mob to just Russian-owned business getting shot-up or cut to pieces. Rarely, police have even found animal masks on some of the bodies. Of course, none of this really effected you much beyond raising rent. That is, until you receive a call on your phone and you have to ask yourself a very simple question.

Do you like hurting people?

Before you know it, you’re hurled head-first into a web of political conspiracy, murder, phones and all whilst you’ve been paired up with some random that you don’t really know. And what’s this about a coup?

————————

For characters, I wouldn’t recommend a morally righteous paladin, who’d never hurt a fly. It just wouldn’t make sense for them to be brought into this web of murder. Really, all your character needs is a reason to murder a whole lot of people in a short amount of time and a rubber animal mask of some variety. Maybe they were once an enforcer for a Russian gang, and were slighted one too many times? Maybe they’re a rival gang-member aching to get some payback on those who wronged them. Maybe they’re just bat-shit crazy. Who knows?

For those of you who’ve made it this far, congratulations! I’d have to assume this is somewhat intriguing if you’ve gone this far. Hit me up if this caught your fancy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back