• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Welcome To Columbia : New America, New Heroes - A Super Power RP

Ive got two questions.
1) Could you have more support-style powers? Information gathering, heal other, or other stuff less direct for combat?

2) I understand powers are something that are suppose to manifest in ones early adolecence. Could one make a younger evo (11-14) who just found out they've got powers and are still learning to use them?

Either way this still sounds cool!

Ive got two questions.
1) Could you have more support-style powers? Information gathering, heal other, or other stuff less direct for combat?

2) I understand powers are something that are suppose to manifest in ones early adolecence. Could one make a younger evo (11-14) who just found out they've got powers and are still learning to use them?

Either way this still sounds cool!

1) Of course! In the lore there are many characters who have abilities that don't instantly lead to punching and kicking.

2) I'd say 13 - 16 would be fine if you want to make a younger Evo. Any younger and I think it'd be difficult for them to kind of grasp and interact with the world we're building here. But either way, I'm fine with someone who is just beginning to learn how to control their powers!

1) Of course! In the lore there are many characters who have abilities that don't instantly lead to punching and kicking.

2) I'd say 13 - 16 would be fine if you want to make a younger Evo. Any younger and I think it'd be difficult for them to kind of grasp and interact with the world we're building here. But either way, I'm fine with someone who is just beginning to learn how to control their powers!
1) Cool! Another thought I had was based on Rolo from Code Geass who had the power to basically stop time (well close enough) for everyone but himself but he could only ever do it for a very short spans of time, a minute or two max because it stopped his heart for the duration. So very dangerous to overuse.

Im gonna assume this would be a bit too OP, though its a reallllly cool power.

2) I can work with that. Just wanted to make sure it was good with you before I tried to make something.

1) Cool! Another thought I had was based on Rolo from Code Geass who had the power to basically stop time (well close enough) for everyone but himself but he could only ever do it for a very short spans of time, a minute or two max because it stopped his heart for the duration. So very dangerous to overuse.

Im gonna assume this would be a bit too OP, though its a reallllly cool power.

2) I can work with that. Just wanted to make sure it was good with you before I tried to make something.

1) While it may be seen as a bit OP - I basically have it as a rule that OP powers are allowed as long as they have weaknesses to them to compromise. For example; your character stops time but their body or mind ages rapidly the longer it is stopped. Or the more you stop time - the more things become wrong with you ( headaches, nosebleeds, hallucinations etcetera ). Maybe for every minute that they've stopped time - they lose a year of their life. Something to balance out a powerful power.

2) And yeah dude no worries. It's perfect by me!

1) While it may be seen as a bit OP - I basically have it as a rule that OP powers are allowed as long as they have weaknesses to them to compromise. For example; your character stops time but their body or mind ages rapidly the longer it is stopped. Or the more you stop time - the more things become wrong with you ( headaches, nosebleeds, hallucinations etcetera ). Maybe for every minute that they've stopped time - they lose a year of their life. Something to balance out a powerful power.

2) And yeah dude no worries. It's perfect by me!
1) I could work with something like this if you'd be cool with it. Going the route of physical harm, so a couple seconds here and there is fine kinda like a really short teleport but anything longer, or back to back would cause progressively more damage to them till they either stop or the injuries KO them.

1) I could work with something like this if you'd be cool with it. Going the route of physical harm, so a couple seconds here and there is fine kinda like a really short teleport but anything longer, or back to back would cause progressively more damage to them till they either stop or the injuries KO them.

That's perfect!

Oh, my word, one helluva concept! My interest is peaked!

Looks like you have a party going here, are y'all still accepting?

This looks very interesting, what stage is it at?
Oh, my word, one helluva concept! My interest is peaked!

Looks like you have a party going here, are y'all still accepting?
Interested! Still accepting?
I'll throw my hat in as well if you still have room
Interested
This is interesting. I can play a villan role if required.

Thank you for showing interest guys!

If you want to still join - you can. We have yet to start and honestly the more the merrier! You can find out OOC thread here. My intro post will hopefully be up by tonight! As others have said however, I would appreciate some more heroes since we're kind of top heavy on the villain side!

Thank you for showing interest guys!

If you want to still join - you can. We have yet to start and honestly the more the merrier! You can find out OOC thread here. My intro post will hopefully be up by tonight! As others have said however, I would appreciate some more heroes since we're kind of top heavy on the villain side!
I can show up w/ a hero or two if I still can.

TheFool TheFool
I'd love to join as an impressional 13 year old boy with too much power for his own good (with weaknesses that come with to balance, of course), but he wants to be a hero. If some of the older heroes could try to steer him right and keep him from villainous influence, that would be great XD

What do you think?

Interested! Just give me time to think of some questions. I have a couple... they're just slipping through my head...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back