• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Welcome To Columbia : New America, New Heroes - A Super Power RP

TheFool

Welcome To...

Columbia

Seek. Strive. Succeed.

Columbia.gif

-----

Synopsis :
The year is 2032.

The world is nothing like we know it. History has been changed. So much so that The United States Of America is no more. In its place - four smaller countries. One of these countries being Columbia.
The New America. The capital city of Columbia shares its name.

Columbia City.

A city that ( on the outside ) thrives. A city where its peoples try their best to survive. If you’re not rich - you’re not safe. Not even the Evos can keep the peace. Evos being mutated human beings - blessed ( or cursed ) with extraordinary abilities. The streets of the city are mean. Organised crime is high. Evil Evos are a genuine threat. There’s rumour a plenty about corruption in government and law enforcement branches.
Even President Nottingham is caught up in constant scandal. Which doesn’t help with the upcoming presidential election.
In a city that, surprisingly, is still standing -
Who can save it before the melting pot finally reaches a boil?

In the middle of Spring.
As the trees begin to bud and the robots get their seasonal update - a group of do gooders ready themselves. They’re all Evos. Their powers unique and still untamed. They will take the city back from the clutches of crime. From the mysterious honcho who seemingly pulls all the strings.
But they need to be careful.
Not everything is what it seems in the city of Columbia. And famed Evos ( who were beloved by the public ) are beginning to wind up murdered.

Or worse...
Changed.
Vilified.​

EVO.gif

---

EVO 2.gif
Overview :
Well there you have it. Me and a few people have been working on this for a little while. Including Braddington Braddington - who won roleplay of the month in March.

This roleplay will focus on a group of Evos ( short for Evolutionaries ) whom force the rebirth of an old Justice League-style superhero team that has long since been dead. These individuals want to take the city back and save it from its depravity. And save it from the notorious Viper - a crime boss whose identity is a secret to the public majority.
But Viper and their criminal activity isn’t their only problem. A slew of retired superheroes are being murdered or going missing. And the missing who end up returning do so with villainous intentions.

The roleplay is set in a very unique world.
An alternate Earth in which Russia won The Cold War - splintering The United States. Capitalism VS Communism is still waging strong. Tensions between world leaders are ever high. But that isn’t the main focus of the RP as of now. The main focus is your Evos.

Who are they?

Why do they fight for what they fight for?

Will they stray from their path?

Will they make a name for themselves?

Heroes.
Villains.
Law Enforcement.
Government Officials.
Mobsters.
Mercenaries.
Scientists.
Celebrities.
Average Citizens.

The possibilities are endless.​

Welcome To Columbia.

Columbia.jpg

She'll answer all your questions.

Interested!
This looks interesting, I'll sign up.
I'm up for it.
Interested
Count me in.

Awesome!

Glad you guys like it. I'll wait a bit for some more interest before dropping an actual thread.

In the meantime however,
If you wanna check out the outlines we have for the city's districts AND the character sheet. Nothing is completely concrete but I'd appreciate any feedback!

Do you have an expectation of how many posts per week and how long each post should be? I might be interested!

Will you make my characters and post for them for me?

Wouldn't be an RP if I didn't, queen.

Do you have an expectation of how many posts per week and how long each post should be? I might be interested!

Hey!

While I would like the RP to be quite active, you don't have to post several times a day. If you want a character with a smaller role or part to play then I am perfectly fine with it! So no real set amount of posts but enough from everyone that we look like a thriving enough roleplay.

Posts should be at least two-three paragraphs or longer, IMO. But if it is several characters in dialogue - I don't mind posts that are just a few lines in reply.

Another question, would we be able to do villain characters, or solely heroes? I noticed it said some of the missing heroes returned with bad intentions, and I wondered if that was something that could be worked out in DMs.

Another question, would we be able to do villain characters, or solely heroes? I noticed it said some of the missing heroes returned with bad intentions, and I wondered if that was something that could be worked out in DMs.

Villains are actively encouraged!

The interest check kind of just shines spotlight mostly on the new team of heroes - but I am one of those people who thinks that heroes are only as good as their villains. Batman would be nothing without his rogue gallery.

And if you want to make a hero gone bad due to those "mysterious circumstances" then yes - it will be hashed out in DMs so that the mystery to why they're like that is still present in the roleplay itself!

Villains are actively encouraged!

The interest check kind of just shines spotlight mostly on the new team of heroes - but I am one of those people who thinks that heroes are only as good as their villains. Batman would be nothing without his rogue gallery.

And if you want to make a hero gone bad due to those "mysterious circumstances" then yes - it will be hashed out in DMs so that the mystery to why they're like that is still present in the roleplay itself!

Well, I'm not sure if I can reserve a spot for those particular heroes, but sign me up as interested!

OHMAGAWD! ALL MY GoT PEEPS ARE HERE! COUNT ME IN!

Yesss. Hey Rusty! Glad to have ya back.

Well, I'm not sure if I can reserve a spot for those particular heroes, but sign me up as interested!

Awesome!

You certainly can reserve one of 'em! I'll let you know the deal with them when I have the threads up.

I’m interested
This seems neat!

Thanks guys!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back