• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Weight of the World

JD gave a small nod and sighed softly "That sounds nice, maybe I can properly meet your dogs now?" He asked quietly as they walked to her car

Max frowned more and laughed again "Do you want to fucking die?! My father would shoot you on spot no questions asked if you told him." She spat before shaking her head some "You need to leave Jon....leave this city and go live your life there. Forget I ever existed "

She smiled and nodded, lifting their hands to her face, kissing his knuckles and just walking happily. “I hope you’re good with fluffy monsters,” she laughed quietly.

“what is it going to fucking take for you to understand that this was a job and nothing more than a job up until I met you.” He snapped at her some. “Fuck it... don’t believe me?” He walked out of the room then, going down to where her brothers office was, finding her father in there with him, “Frank we need to talk. Right now.” He told him.

Max went wide eyed and rushed after him shaking her head some as she got into the room "No its fine Dad I'll handle it." She muttered before she dragged him out of there "Are you trying to die?!"

JD smiled more as she kissed his knuckles and did the same "I think I'll like them just fine." He murmured

He glared at her for a moment. “Stop. Right now.” He snapped at her and walked back in. “Seriously. We need to talk.” He explained, glaring at max for a moment. “Stop worrying.” He muttered seeing the look on her face. “And for once just trust my judgement.”

She smiled and took him to the nearest Whole foods to get their ingredients before walking him back To her house. “What kinda movies do you like?” She asked him curiously.

Frank raised an eyebrow and frowned at the two of them "Whatever it is spit it out! I've got shit to do." He muttered before crossing his arms as he looked at Pete

JD walked with her through the store and smiled some "May sound cheesy but I like Disney movies." He said as he held the ingredients for her "I like action movies too but....I've stayed away from them lately."

She nodded and smiled. “Disney is always a comfort.” She told him happily. “I like horror and comedy and most movies to be honest except for Ron coms.... they’re tacky and I hate them.” She muttered, making a face once they got to the cashier.

Jon looked back at her and then to her father again. “I’ve found myself in a situation where I am stuck because right now your daughter is engaged to a man who couldn’t care less about her if he tried and I’m watching this happen knowing full well that I love her myself. I’m in love with her and I think I would be a better match for her than he would.” He muttered. The rest would come out later.But right now he had a plan.

Frank frowned more and looked back at Max raising an eyebrow "This true?" He asked her watching as she looked at the floor nodding "You have proved yourself to be a trustworthy man....you take her to the gala, I'll make my decision then." He muttered before he shooed them off.

JD smiled some and listened to her intently giving a small laugh "I like a good comedy too, rom coms can be good sometimes. The older ones I find are better than the newer ones." He said before he gave the cashier his card quickly giving her a cheeky smile

Carmen smiled some and walked back to her place with him once they were done, walking inside and led him to the kitchen to set things down on the counter top. “You want a beer? Soda?” She asked going to open the door to the utility and called for the dogs to come out, smiling when she heard them running down the stairs. “There’s my babies!” She cooed happily, crouching down and giving them all the love and attention.

“yes sir. Thank you sir.” He told him and walked away quickly, not saying a word to her until they made it out to where no one could hear them. “The information for the drop won’t get a raid done until about two three months from now. Once your father has had his gala,I suggest we have someone rat on me instead. I’ll take the punishment but.... I haven’t been happy in so long. And I know that I don’t want to live in a world where I don’t havr You.” He told her seriously.

JD gave a small nod and bit his lip hard "I hope you don't mind..I um...can I make it myself?" He asked quietly thanking her when she handed him a cup and smiled some as he heard her talking to the dogs

Max shook her head some and cupped his cheeks "They will kill you Jon....who will rat on you? Jon I can't...please just go. You're going to die if you do this." She whispered before she kissed him lovingly letting more tears fall

She frowned as she watched him some. She was falling fast for him but she was still a little nervous for how far they could go.

Jon shook his head. “I’m not going anywhere. I’ll make it work. Max listen to me, I love you, I’m not letting you end up with that asshole... I know how to handle myself. Promise.” He murmured to her.

JD smiled at her when she came back into the room with her dogs "You weren't lying about the fluff." He said chuckling some before he bent down and let them sniff him out smiling more as they took to him instantly "Think they like me?" He asked as he petted them happily starting to feel even calmer

Max looked at him and gave a small nod "I'm still scared though...I can't...I can't have him take someone else I love." She whispered before she hid her face in his chest

He frowned some shaking his head and held her close to him. "You're gonna be fine and so am I... Promise." he murmured, kissing her head.

Carmen smiled watching them, "If you want them to get down just tell them off. They know better but they're spoilt babies." She giggled some, going into the kitchen again and got things out to make dinner for them.

The days were slow until the gala, Max stood in her Condo waiting for Jon to pick her up. She was a nervous wreck at the moment and wanted to look absolutely perfect for the night. She jumped out of her skin when a knock at her door took her out of her head. She rushed over to the door and opened it smiling widely when she looked Jon up and down "Hey....you look...wow."

The next couple of weeks with Carmen had been the most relaxing weeks JD had, had in a long time. Though this week had been a nightmare for him it was the year anniversary of his partner's death and he was a mess of paranoia. He had shut himself off from the world not talking to Carmen at all and missing all appointments he had made. He sat in his apartment looking over his wall that had his map of who he thought was still out there to get him

Carmen frowned when Julie knocked on her door and she called for her to come in, "Did he not show up again?" She asked her worriedly. He'd been ignoring all of her texts and she was getting more and more concerned about him. "Alright. I'm gonna head out then." She muttered, getting her stuff together and took off home, getting the dogs on leashes before heading out of there with them and making her way to his building, wanting to make sure he was at least alright. If he just didn't want to see her she could take it. Wouldn't be happy about it but she would accept it as long as he was alright.

Jon finished getting himself put together, heading out to go pick Max up and take her to the gala. It had been a while since he'd had to be dressed up fancy and to say he was uncomfortable would be an understatement. He stood waiting for her to answer and smiled some as she opened the door, "I could say the same about you but that's what I think every day." He murmured, pulling her into his arms and kissing her softly, "You ready to go? I was thinking that... if things go well, then you could come back to mine tonight?" He asked. Her father had promised to give them an ansswer as to whether he would accept them being together tonight so he was feeling nervous but ready.

JD heard a knock at his door and quickly grabbed his gun before he went to the door and looked outside of the peep hole. He cracked the door and took a deep breath barely able to keep eye contact with Carmen "Hey...." he said quietly keeping his gun tight in his hand

Max grabbed her clutch purse and fur shawl giving a small nod "Mmm that sounds nice." She said softly before she gave him a quick kiss. Her nerves were shot at the moment just thinking about what could happen tonight. She could get her father's blessing to be with the man she loved but she was also scared about Jon getting caught.

He smiled some and watched her "Relax and breathe, we'll be alright." He promised her quietly, taking her out to his car and driving them to the gala, getting out and handing the valet the keys before they headed inside and he immediately went to get them drinks. He'd been getting it in the ear form his department the whole week about getting this case finished but he was still trying to find the right time to get him and MAx out of there at least so she wouldn't get caught up in it

Carmen frowned some, "hey.... You okay? Julie said you never showed up today, I was getting worried... Jorge... Can I come in?" She asked him quietly and gently, glancing down seeing the gun in his hand. "Jorge, sweetheart look at me.... I got the dogs here, they've missed you." She murmured to him.

JD frowned more but relaxed his grip on his gun giving a small nod "I...uh....okay.." he said quietly before he opened the door and closed it quickly lockong the three deadbolts he had giving a heavy sigh as he turned around placing his gun down "Hey...." he said quietly not sure what else to say to her as he rubbed the back of his neck

Max gave a small nod and held his hand tight as he drove. She got into the event with him and chatted with a few people while Jon got their drinks. She was still on edge and she couldn't help but notice Danny watching her every move. Though she had no idea he was actually watching Jon.

She got the leashes off the dogs and let them sniff around a little while she closed the distance between her and JD, wrapping her arms around him tightly and kissed under his chin, "Talk to me baby." She coaxed gently, getting him to look down at her and kissed him again, about to step away until she felt his grip tighten. "I'm right here, I promise you're safe alright?" Mostly she was just glad that he was alive and okay-ish.

Jon smiled as he got back to her, passing her a glass and stayed close by "Your father is surrounded by his men, he hasn't asked for us to join him yet." He told her.

Danny knew everything. From Jon stealing his woman from underneath his nose to Jon being an undercover cop and tonight he was ready to let everyone else know as well, heading over to Frank's table and cleared his throat "Frank.... I need to talk to you about something... This can't wait." He told him quickly when the older man went to object for the night "Pete... Or at least, the guy you know as Pete.... His name is Jon Bernthal.... Frank, Pete is an undercover cop." He muttered and passed him the manila envelope with all the photographic evidence he'd collected.

JD instictively let his hands hold her hips gripping them as she tried to pull away "One year...." he said quietly before he took a deep breath wrapping his arms fully around her "I just...they're out there Carmen. There is no way they got them all." He whispered to her before he pressed his forehead to hers

Frank watched as everyone mingled and danced having a lovely time at the event. He noticed his daughter and gave a small smile seeing how happy she looked. After her last relationship the guilt of being the cause of her unhappieness had weighed heavy on him, but he had to make her safe. He frowned as Danny came by not wanting to talk business for the night until later. He frowned more as he insisted taking the manila folder into his hand feeljng his blood pressure rise from anger as he looked over the pictures and listened to Danny "Thank you Daniel...this will be handled."

Carmen frowned some, holding him tightly. "Jorge, there is nothing you can do to help find them while you are like this... You've got to get better if you want to get back to work and be able to help round up the last of them." She murmured, kissing his cheek, "I don't want you worrying alright? They're not gonna get you here." She promised, pulling away just a little so she could take him to his kitchen to get them both a drink "Jojo missed you." She mused as she watched her boy rub up against JD's leg and paw at it a little, wanting attention.

Jon frowned some when he realised halfway through the night that Frank's closest men were starting to close in on him, making just through the dinner before him and Max were both ushered to a private room where her father was, giving her hand a squeeze and figuring that this was it. They would be getting their answer

JD gave a small nod and bent down to JoJo's level letting him lick and love on him. He smiled some and kept the dog close feeling some weight get lifted off of him. He looked over at Carmen and gave a small sigh "What if they find me though? Or what if this department does the same thing to me as the other one did?"

Max gave his hand another squeeze as they made their way to her father's back room. She hoped he had seen just how happy Jon made her through this night and that they could end up together.

Frank looked over the two of them as they walked in before he motioned his men to move Max away from Jon. He threw the photos across the table as another man made Jon fall to his knees infront of him "It was brought to my attention that you're not who you say you are Pete....or should I say Jon?"

Carmen shook her head and watched him. “Hey look at me. I won’t let them. Remember I work with that department.... I will raise hell before they put you in danger. And they’re decent guys baby... they’re not gonna screw you over like that.” She promised passing him a glass of soda from his fridge then sat down watching him. “You wanna do a movie tonight? Just curl up on the couch and relax a little?” She asked him, rubbing his shoulder gently.

Jon frowned as he started realising what was happening, barely able to open his mouth to respond before the first guy slammed a crowbar into his back and he buckled forward with the wind knocked out of him. “Frank it’s not what it looks like.” He wheezed but the next hit was to the back of his head and after that he wasn’t going to be able to respond coherently at all.

JD gave a small nod and sighed heavily taking the soda from her "Alright....that sounds fine.." he said softly before he went into the living room and sat down on the couch with her "Are you good with pizza or something to go? I need to go to the store but umm...I havent been able to leave the house."

Max screamed out as they bashed him over the head trying to break free of the man's grip that had her "Stop it!! Daddy please stop it don't hurt him!" She sobbed as she watched them.

Frank shook his head some not listening to his daughter's pleas for mercy over him "You come into my family and think you can tear it apart? My home? We welcomed you with opened arms, treated you as if you were our own blood! Then you try and steal my only daughter from me?" He yelled before he started in on the beating

She smiled some. “Well then let’s get pizza, my treat, then tomorrow, I can take you to the store... I’m off work for the rest of the week.” She told him, kissing his cheek and kept him close, getting him to lay back against her between her legs and just ran her fingers through his hair soothingly.

Jon groaned out, trying to stand up each time until he managed to reach up and grab the crowbar even for a moment. “Please. Just listen.” He grunted, frowning when he started hearing familiar sounds coming from the main entrance. “You need to get out.... go. Shit they weren’t meant... frank take her and go.” He slurred out and nodded towards max, taking one last blow to his chest from the crowbar before blacking out.

JD started to relax against her as he lay with her sighing softly "Thank you.." he whispered kissing her hand gently before he looked at the TV running his hand through Jojo's fur as he layed on the floor next to them. He kept close to her the rest of the evening not wanting to let her go at all.

Max cried and sobbed begging her dad the entire time to stop hurting him. She whimpered when she heard the commotion coming from outside and reached for Jon as Frank dragged her away "Dont leave him! Please!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back