• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Weight of the World

He smiled and, let his free hand go to her hip, kissing her back, "Mmm.... That sounds like a wonderful plan to me." He murmured to her happily. "I just don't want your father to shoot me." He told her quietly.

Carmen smiled and nodded "Two blocks east, two blocks north... my house. My dogs need checking on real quick then we can go get food." She told him. Under normal circumstances she wouldn't let her patients anywhere near her place but for whatever reason she trusted JD explicitly.

Max gave a laugh shaking her head some "I'd shoot him after." She mumbled before she pulled him to her couch looking over her phone to see what to possibly get for the gala's food

JD gave a nod and noted it in his head. It wasn't to remeber where she lived but to have his location locked in his head. He followed her out and smiled again "Small or big dogs?" He asked her

Carmen smiled some "Big. I got Sadie and Jojo... Jojo is a boy but I thought he was a girl when he was a pup.... so he's Jojo." She laughed some, walking down the street with him happily.

He leaned back into the cushions and stayed on his phone nexxt to her, sending his team a few messages with the information he'd gathered for that day, letting them know he'd be able to touch base again the following morning.

JD listened to her and chuckled some looking at her confused "And how dis you confused him for a girl? Dis he not have the right hardware?" He asked as they walked keeping his frame rigid and his eyes watching everything

Max leant over and cuddled him some as she scrolled through some restaurants "What do you think of that one spanish restaurant on the west side? They have nice food." She murmured as she continued to search. She hated doing this each year but she didn't really have a choice

She smiled some, blushing a bit "Because he was such a fluffy puppy that I didn't really pay much attention until I took him for his vet checkup and the vet corrected me." she laughed some "The lady I got them from said they were both girls." She told him, eventually making it to her place and let them both in, going to check on her babies and get them both fed and things tidied quickly before leaving with him again, "Right... Let's go get some tacos." She smiled wide.

He frowned some resting his head back, slipping his phone into his poclet "Why don't you call the caterers that did your brothers engagement party? They went down well and you can do a different menu so it doesn't seem like the same." He suggested, yawning some. He'd been having extremely late nights as of late and then having to work for the mob through the day and he was exhausted.

-3 weeks-

JD sat outside of Carmen's office waiting for her to finish up with her last appointment. They had been making progress with him through out their time together, not only in sessions but outside as well. He was falling for her, he knew it wasn't good but he felt some kind of click with her. His paranoia was a little better but he was still on the look out for the people who had attacked him and killed his partner.

Max was sat in her apartment on her day off relaxing for once. She had been working non-stop to make sure the gala was a sucess and now it was time for it to happen. It would be in two days and for once she was a bit excited, excited to see Jon all cleaned up. In his time being her bodyguard she had grown even closer to him and she was now for sure she loved him. She just didn't know how to tell him.

Last edited:
Carmen stood up, just finishing off her lunch before she would let JD in until she heard a commotion outside the door, frowning when she heard the receptionist call her name and she got up heading out there to see JD sitting on the couch shaking "Hey, hey look at me, what's going on?" She asked him, gently getting him up and into the room, closing the door behind them and making him sit down in there, going to sit in front of him and got him to look at her. "Just breathe, remember the exercises we went through?" They were getting so close to finishing his sessions so that he could go back to work full time and from there he would need more once a week to get him field ready but she had some news for him today she wasn't sure how he would take it.

Jon turned up late, knocking and waiting for her to let him in, apologising once she opened the door, "Sorry, overslept this morning." He told her, looking a little disheveled as he'd rushed around to get ready that morning, in just jeans and a t-shirt as it was a day off so he would only be there as a precaution rather than having to be in formal wear and be shadowing her out and about. Not that he was complaining about hanging out with her. He'd fallen head over heels for her and he was terrified of what this was going to mean for him and his job.

JD frowned as he started to freak out remembering what had happened to his partner and scared now they would do the same to Carmen. He shook his head some as she came out taking deep breaths as he followed her to the room "Three things....that calm me..." he said quietly starting to shake "I can't ...they're going to take it from me..."

Max heard a knock at her door and got up to answer it. She smiled softly as she saw Jon and let him in "You're fine." She murmured biting her lip as she looked at him in his tight fitted shirt "Want something to drink?" She asked before she walked past him squealing as he pulled her in close to her "Pete!" She yelled happily completely off guard

Carmen frowned watching him carefully, "Hey, look at me, three things Jorge." She coaxed gently, "We'll talk about that in a second but I need you to tell me three good thingd right now." She told him gently, frowning a little as she watched him. She hated that she'd let herself do this with a client but outside of sessions she has started to fall so hard for him so seeing him this panicked was never easy.

Jon smiled some, lifting her up and over his shoulder "Not from the kitchen there isn't." He chuckled carrying her to her bedroom and laying her on her bed, "If you don't want this right now, just say the word and I'll stop." He promised as he moved to hover over her, placing little kisses all down her neck, trailing them lower and lower. wanting her to feel good.

JD took a deep breath and nodded some trying to think of three things "Um.....the ocean....my mother.....you." he murmured with eyes closed not fully realizing what he had just said to her. He thought about them some more before he finally calmed down a bit and looked directly at her.

Max smiled happily and let him continue but frowned and stopped him when he went to lift her shirt. She had always left it on in their times together previously. She bit her lip hard as she looked at him before she took a deep breath and discarded the item herself revealing the burn scars that covered part of her left side

Carmen smiled to herself some, not drawing attention to it though "Hey, that's better... Here." She got up and got him a bottle of water before going to sit with him again. "I needed you to come in a day early this week cause I have some news to share with you.... You're ready to go back full time in the precinct. Not field work ready yet but I've signed you off for desk work full time... Bad news is that this is going to be our last session together because I'm transferring you to a colleague to take over your case.... Before you panic though.... It's because I'd like to start seeing you more outside of these sessions.... and the chemistry we've had between us... I want to see where that goes.... I can't do that if I'm your therapist..... So if you're okay with that.... I'd like to explore our relationship more together outside of these sessions but you're going to have to see another colleague of mine." She told him, watching him carefully.

Jon frowned, kissing every area gently, his hands carressing her palms but said nothing and continued.... By the time they were done and he was laying next to her in her bed, keeping her pulled back against his chest, his arms holding her securely and kist kissing her head every so often, he finally broke the silence. "Where are they from?" He asked her curiously, still holding her protectively and tracing feather light patterns on her arms.

JD calmed eventually and took the water from her giving a small sigh. He stared at the floor as she spoke until she mentioned them trying things out. He looked over at her and gave a small toothless smile "I'd like that....but I have to meet this colleague first...I need to make sure they're safe." He explained giving a heavy sigh. Its not that he didnt trust she wouldn't do what she thought was safe for him, he just couldn't trust anyone else really besides her right now.

Max lay with him afterwards and tensed slightly when he finally asked but her scars. She gave a heavy sigh before she moved to straddle his waist looking down at him "My father gave them to me..." she mumbled closing her eyes for a minute before she looked at him again "I was seventeen when I met him....he worked a garage over on the lower side, I had broken down and he gave me a tow back to his garage. He worked on my car and after that I never stopped talking to him. He was nineteen at the time but I didn't much care, I would've been eighteen soon. We started seeing eachother and my father found out. He told me I couldn't be seen with such a boy and tried to make me stop seeing him. We made a plan to run away after I turned eighteen and it actually seemed to be working. I had everything packed....we were driving to the train station..." she explained before she took a deep breath feeling a few tears start to roll down her face "We were right down the street when a car t-boned Pedro's side and made us flip....the gas can lit and the car was in flames...I...I tried so hard to get him unbuckled but..I couldn't do it. He made me leave and right as I got out just enough the car blew fully....I woke up 2 weeks later." She whispered before wiping her eyes quickly "They don't know that I know but....my father put the hit on the car...and I remember seeing Danny driving." She said quietly before she finished her story. She hadn't told anyone about as it was too painful for her to remember, but she knew she loved Jon and telling him that it feel like this entire weight left her shoulders.

He frowned some, listening in silence as he rubbed circles into her hips just watching her and letting her talk, eventually reaching up and wiped at her tears, swallowing hard. “Max.... you need to get out of here after the gala.... take off and don’t look back...” he mumbled. “I uh.... max im a cop.” He finally told her. He couldn’t hide things from her after she’d spilled all of that to him.

she smiled and nodded. “You can meet her at the end of the session today. I can vouch for her. Ive already told her about your case and where we’re at.... she’s great I promise.” She smiled, getting up to get herself a drink and get him some tissues. “You said your mom calms you down.... do you still get to talk to her much?” She asked him gently wanting to actually do the session with him one last time before she could just focus on being with him

Max pressed her face into his hand as he wiped her tears away. She looked at him and frowned as he spoke shaking her head some "What are you talking about Jon?" She said quietly taking a shaky breath "I get it....you don't feel the same, you could have just said that instead of fucking pushing me away with a lie." She spat before she got off of him and grabbed her clothes to get dressed.

JD nodded some as he listened to her quickly using the tissue and throwing it out after. He gave a soft frown as she mentioned his mother and shook his head some "No...she died when I was a teenager...reason I became a cop." He said softly

She nodded slowly. “What about your dad?” She asked him gently. “And I saw your file says your sister is an emergency contact, so you talk to either of them?”

jon frowned getting up and shaking his head. “No....Max wait!” He called and followed after, grabbing his jacket and rummaged in the pocket until he pulled his badge out. “I’m not lying to you. I wouldn’t fucking do that unless necessary... im an undercover officer.” He told her carefully

JD frowned more and gave a small nod "I havent really spoken to them since the accident...my sister is closer thats why she is my emergency." He said quietly before taking a sip of the water she had given him "My dad is a hard man....got worse once my mom died."

Max looked down at the badge then back at him with heartbroken eyes "You son of a bitch.." she muttered through tears shaking her head some more "Get out....before I call my father." She said dangerously low and pointed at the door "I don't ever want to see you again." She said before she slammed the door shut

He frowned and went to respond but she’d already slammed the door and he walked out of there, kicking a wall in frustration at how stupid he’d been, getting caught up in the moment like that.

Carmen nodded. “Are you ready to talk about that yet?” She asked him gently. He’d mentioned that there had been a big accident a couple of times but so far he’d avoided the topic.

Max cried quietly in her condo going to her room and curling up in bed as she thought about everything. She knew even if she saw him again she would never rat him out, she loved him and didn't want to see him get killed by her father no matter how much she hated him now.

JD frowned more and took a deep breath before he reached over and took her hand in his, he didn't mean to step out of line but if he was to tell her this he needed her comfort. He stared at the ground and sighed "My parent's owned a little shop, small grocery convenience store. Almost everyone in the neighborhood knew it. It was my senior year, I was about to graduate in a few months and I had gone there to get some drinks for myself and my girlfriend at the time. My dad had been out running a few errands...I walked....I walked.." he could barely finish as he started to tear up until he felt her give his hand a squeeze "I got in and saw blood on the counter top. I yelled for her but didn't get a response. I walked behind the counter and found her on the floor...her head and around it covered in blood....they never even tried to catch the guy who did it."

Carmen just listened and nodded, waiting until he’d finished and just worked more on calming techniques with him for the rest of their session. After the time was up she took him next door to meet her colleague for a little while before leaving with him to go get some dinner. “So.... what do you think of her?” She asked him, reaching over and taking his hand.

Jon got in to the office the next morning, walking in to talk to her father but regretting it when he saw the look on his face. “Everything okay Frank?” He asked him.

“when I put you on protection detail for my daughter. My only daughter. I expect you to follow through with that job. I do not expect her to show up here on her own in the morning.” He spat at him.

JD frowned some and gave a small nod "She um...okay I guess.." he mumbled sighing heavily "I just I like talking to you. I feel okay talking to you." He whispered giving her hand a squeeze

Max rolled her eyes when she stood in her father's office frowning at Jon as he came in "I'm a fucking grown woman, I was at home all night." She spat

Carmen nodded. “And you didn’t like talking to me when you first met me. She’s great at her job Jorge... she’s really gonna help you I promise.” She smiled, walking a little closer to him. “What do you fancy trying tonight?” She asked.

frank glared over at her. “I know you can. But when I put a man on a job I expect him to follow through.” He snapped back at her.

Jon frowned and shook his head. “Sir it won’t happen again. I had an emergency to deal with at home and had to rush off. I made sure she was safe and secure first though.” He told him, waiting until he had left in a huff before turning to face max. “We need to talk.”

Max rolled her eyes and shook her head some before she turned to Jon when Frank left "I have nothing to say to you Pete, though that isn't you name is it?" She spat taking a deep breath afterwards "I told you something deep and personal....I...I fell in love with you and you just fucking used me! Used me to get closer to my family." She said before whimpering and letting a few more tears fall

JD gave a small nod and sighed softly "I know....I just...she could...she could be with them." He said quietly trying to stay calm but it was becoming difficult with all the possibilities of what could happen.

Carmen smiled shaking her head. “I’ve worked with this woman for almost eight years. The only thing she’s partnering with is her cat. She’s great. I promise.... if it makes you feel better I am right across the hallway during your sessions okay? And seeing as you’re the last one of the day, why don’t you come to my office after each one of you need to.” She suggested:

be frowned shaking his hand. “No:.. it’s Jon.” He told her quietly. “Max I was already in with the magi before I met you.... shit I’d be fired if they found out I’ve been sleeping with you.... If I was thinking about the job then I wouldn’t have fallen for you either. I love you. And I wanna be with you.” He told her honestly.

JD nodded softly and gave her a small smile "Okay....if you're sure." He said quietly before he checked his phone one time before putting it away "How does italian sound?" He asked taking her hand fully in his

Max shook her head some letting a few tears fall "Be with me?! How in the hell would that ever happen? What we run off together while you're still a cop in the city? My father some how not come after us and we live the white pickett fence life? Or are you gonna turn on your department? We could never be together Jon....not with this knowledge."

She smiled some and watched him momentarily. “Alright. So we’re gonna go to the grocery store instead. And then we’ll go back to mine. You want proper Italian? Imma make you proper Italian.” She told him, nodding a little.

he frowned shaking his head and rubbing at his face. “I don’t know... I said I don’t know!” He yelled at her. “If you asked me to turn on the force then I would. All for you.” He told her seriously. He frowned and watched her. “You want me to tell your father? Cause I will.” He told her seriously.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back