• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Weaving the Winds

O__O

Woah, thanks. I've never received such a compliment.

EDIT: and it's all good, Wave! I enjoy reading your writing. Even when you're being brief, that unique style kinda appeals to me.

It might have to do with what Kurt Vonnegut said.

“English was Conrad’s third language, and much that seems piquant in his use of English was no doubt colored by his first language, which was Polish. And lucky indeed is the writer who has grown up in Ireland, for the English spoken there is so amusing and musical. I myself grew up in Indianapolis, where common speech sounds like a band saw cutting galvanized tin, and employs a vocabulary as unornamental as a monkey wrench. [ … ] No matter what your first language, you should treasure it all your life. If it happens to not be standard English, and if it shows itself when your write standard English, the result is usually delightful, like a very pretty girl with one eye that is green and one that is blue. I myself find that I trust my own writing most, and others seem to trust it most, too, when I sound most like a person from Indianapolis, which is what I am. What alternatives do I have?”

Sauce: http://www.openculture.com/2014/11/kurt-vonnegut-explains-how-to-write-with-style.html

^^ In addition to being a compelling writer, Killigrew speaks truth. And I love how your citation is a sauce. ^_^ ;)

And I'm working on a post right now! I'm sorry I'm taking forever. I feel like I always take too long and then come up with something that sounds kind of robotic and is full of info dumps. *facepalm* Alas.

Okay, it's done. Not gonna lie, I feel like it's pretty subpar. It was like pulling teeth to write and I haven't got a clue why. Hopefully the next one will be better. :P

Haha, sauce is just some lingo I picked up from imgur. I think it's a stand-in for source?

And I think your posts are lovely. But I know the feeling all too well. Some well-meaning but harshly honest criticism tends to get me back on track. Or just a few days break, that works wonders x)

@The One Called X , if writing felt like teeth being pulled I can only tell you that I am glad you endured :) Wonderful post!

@Killigrew and @Ire , you're up next right?

@AlexNos , are you still going to play? Because you've not said a word in a long time, so I am starting to wonder if I should consider you a drop-out or not :P

As always, looking forward to new posts! And I will remind you guys that I am willing to make simple illustrations of your characters just like I did with my own and Ire's! :)

Oh absolutely please do! I'd love to see your take on Arnkatla! :)

And maybe we are up next -- I'm not sure by the posts but has everyone taken off yet?

Yeah, I think the most I'd do is have Arnkatla report back to Xanaster. It does seem more likely that she'd wait until the last moment to do so though, and be attentively listening until then.

@Wavebird Thank you. :) I would love to see how you'd draw Annika, as well. Your Pictured of Ilwa is so pretty! @_@

@Killigrew Yeah, I know what you mean about criticism. When I'm stuck with a story I usually take it to my mom so she can tell me where all the stupid parts are. :D

GUYS

GUYS

I FOUND A PICTURE THAT LOOKS LIKE FAFNER

IT IS A GREAT DANE/ST. BERNARD MIX

I AM PROBABLY THE ONLY ONE WHO REALLY CARES BUT I HAD TO INFLICT MY EXCESSIVE EXCITEMENT ON SOMEBODY:

SaintDaneBernadaneEastCoastHarley.jpg

Woah! What a sweet looking doggie!

For some reason I was imagining something like the wolfhound from Dishonored.

overseer-wolfhound.jpg

Im glad its the cuter alternative that is correct! :) The other one looks so scary!

Anyway! I've finished the illustration of Arnkatla! I also updated Xanaster and Illwa to the same style ^^ Next up is Annika! Who wants to go after that?

Arnkatla.jpg
Xanaster.jpg
Illwa.jpg

Cannibal said:
I wouldn't mind seeing your take on Hakan. :)
Ok! It'd be very helpful if you sent me some links to images that can help me understand even better how Hakan looks. Face, hair, clothes, and especially the sword may be intresting :)

Lol, I don't think so X. I would post, but I have to wait for Arnkatla to respond back to Xanaster. That's the big weakness on my character, since he's half-elf and unwanted in most human settlements.

Don't worry X you're doing fine. But other people should get posting soon.

To anyone inactive: I want this to get going again or I will make a reset with more active people. I have put much effort into this and will not have it ruined. I urge you all to read the rules again and then come back with explanations of your absence!

Ire's waiting for me and I'm waiting for everyone to get moving out before I send her back to Xanaster.

YAAAAAAY WE ARE NOT ABANDONED *glomps everybody*

So apparently I act hyper on the internet when I'm dog-tired in real life. Good to know.

Irubus told me he was going to get the post up soon :) And if so I'll have time for another post before I go away for a few days

I am travelling right now and will not be able to post before sometime next week. But it looks like you guys could get a few posts up anyway, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back