• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

KingofAesir

Ghostly Presence
WE SEE YOU
In the dark, there's creeping things, invisible to most. But not to us, we see you.
OUT OF CHARACTER
IN CHARACTER
ENTER\/
PLOT

It's 1989 on the cusp of ending the 80s and transitioning into the 90s. Seven teenagers are spending their summer at home, working or just lounging around town until their senior year starts in the fall. Seven teenagers who have nothing in common, nothing that could possibly ever bring them together except for the fact that they all see monsters.

You see, this summer is unlike any other because the star of the football team himself, Jackson Pouluck, has turned up dead at the lake. He was washed ashore in his swim trunks and the authorities have all but ruled it an accidental drowning. But you know that it's not, because you saw the pictures on the television. You saw the hulking black figure, dripping with some unknown substance, leaning over Jackson's body covered in tarp as it was. You saw that monster and you knew it wasn't accidental. So, when other people in town begin to turn up dead, in suspicious comas, or irreparably traumatized you know exactly what's going on. All those creatures that you've seen your whole life are starting to actually do something. The only good news about this situation is that you're not alone, there are six others like you. Six others who maybe, just maybe, could help you stop the monsters before it's too late.

RULES
NO.1 Follow RPN Rules.
NO.2 Keep drama in RP and do not bring it out or I'll take your left eyeball.
NO.3 Don't make Mary Sues/Gary Stus or try to control other people's characters without permission.
NO.4 Always ask the roleplayer before going forward with any sort of romance or similar with a character.
NO.5 Be nice or the monsters will eat you. ;)
MISC

This roleplay was born from a dream I had that evolved into this. The 80s setting was something that I thought would fit well, taking out the more heavy handed influence of the digital world that exists today and putting our characters purely in the here and now for the most part. It was also of interest to me because of the less developed mental health health field at the time and how it might interact with kids who were seeing things like this. Anyway, this is not first come first serve, since there’s only five spots, two being filled by me and my co-gm jazzyball jazzyball . We both reserve the right to decline characters for any reason. But, it’s terribly hard for me to decline most well-made characters anyway!

This will be a roleplay that requires a Discord presence so once you’re accepted you’ll be sent a link to that. If you don’t have Discord and are unwilling to get it, then this roleplay probably isn’t for you. But if you do, come on over!

© pasta

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back