• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern We aren't all Monsters OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
I'm still on. Just not wanting to be rude, and take up too much space

How would you guys feel about a time skip of a day or two? This way we don't have to painstakingly cover all of the tour in writing and it gives everyone time to prepare and settle in.

Shog, could you try to explain the outside world a little? As in, is it life as usual, more dystopian, or what? Are there checkpoints? Patrols? Anything to detect unregistered enhanced? What about everyday people, how do they treat more normal enhanced(people who aren't obviously enhanced, appear human)? Are they avoided like the plague, or are they considered normal? Hated, ignored, neither? Are there freelance vigilantes, or is it just the ECU? And is it normal for the enhanced in the ECU to use their abilities regularly, or are they prohibited to only use them when necessary? Is propaganda common for either side?

Shog, could you try to explain the outside world a little? As in, is it life as usual, more dystopian, or what? Are there checkpoints? Patrols? Anything to detect unregistered enhanced? What about everyday people, how do they treat more normal enhanced(people who aren't obviously enhanced, appear human)? Are they avoided like the plague, or are they considered normal? Hated, ignored, neither? Are there freelance vigilantes, or is it just the ECU? And is it normal for the enhanced in the ECU to use their abilities regularly, or are they prohibited to only use them when necessary? Is propaganda common for either side?
Sorry for the delay. I've been busy all day Anyway, most of the outside world operates fairly normally. Most of the world doesn't really bother with anything for the enhanced. There really isn't' much of a system in place to detect enhanced since there isn't a common denominator that they know to check for. People can call in for suspected enhanced and there are patrols, but they operate similar to normal police patrols. How people treat them, well, that's a bit more difficult to answer. Some absolutely hate the enhanced (usually having been wronged by one), some seek them out for their potential use. There's a general distrust towards them by most, though the severity can greatly vary. Some have taken to vigilantism, though it's still technically illegal. The ECU is allowed to use their powers as they see necessary, though they are discouraged from doing so just to make their life easier. The only common propaganda is posters reminding people to call in if they see anything suspicious and the ever present hate propaganda, declaring Enhanced to be demon-spawn and so forth. I hope that helps to clear things up.

Sorry for the delay. I've been busy all day Anyway, most of the outside world operates fairly normally. Most of the world doesn't really bother with anything for the enhanced. There really isn't' much of a system in place to detect enhanced since there isn't a common denominator that they know to check for. People can call in for suspected enhanced and there are patrols, but they operate similar to normal police patrols. How people treat them, well, that's a bit more difficult to answer. Some absolutely hate the enhanced (usually having been wronged by one), some seek them out for their potential use. There's a general distrust towards them by most, though the severity can greatly vary. Some have taken to vigilantism, though it's still technically illegal. The ECU is allowed to use their powers as they see necessary, though they are discouraged from doing so just to make their life easier. The only common propaganda is posters reminding people to call in if they see anything suspicious and the ever present hate propaganda, declaring Enhanced to be demon-spawn and so forth. I hope that helps to clear things up.
Ah christ. I forgot what this was even about.

How much control do you have when you snare someone? You say she 'couldn't look away till he does', but is it only her eyes? Can she move her head at all? The rest of her body? Or is it just their eyes connecting by some invisible tether?

NofaceFell NofaceFell

I suppose I should have explained better, I tried and failed and now here is the actual break down of Darcy's powers. Yaaay for editing. Heh....

There are several levels of his power, a lot of which will be discovered through the trials and tests they will go through.

The first would be what is happening between Darcy and Monika now.

1. In this level, it is the weakest. An empathic connection started through eye contact. It's strong in that it encompasses both very quickly and takes a pretty firm hold. It would take Darcy breaking the contact willingly or an external psychic force severing it. In this stage, the empathic connection basically replaces the will and desire to look away with Darcy's own will to keep it. His desire replacing the others. Empathically he could influence someone to stay still for as long as he likes, but that's the extent, your feelings are all your own. Plus you can resist this after a bit if you have a strong enough mental barrier. The eye contact must be held for an uninterrupted short period of time, hence the overcoming of your own will to look away, once done, however, he may break eye contact with the connection remaining if he wishes. Physically this means that physical sensations imparted on his body will be transferred to the other half of the connection. In this stage, he can't actually force her to move, but if he were to cut his arm, she would feel it and suffer his pain while his body simply mended, the healing process quicker than normal.

2. If he puts more force behind the connection it enters another state. Empathically he can make you feel the emotions he wants, make you happy or sad or angry just because he wants you too. This clouds your will but does not replace it. Physically, if he broke his own leg she would suffer both the pain and the breakage, while he remained unscathed. Notably, this is usually what he uses, the first pretty easy to bypass with just a bit more energy. In this stage, while he can't influence how you move, you cannot actually move unless he is in motion.

3. The third is as of yet undiscovered by him and evolves in such a way that he exerts total control of your emotions and can skew your personal desires for his own means. Physically, he can force movement on your body, forcing you to stay still as you burn, or walking you off a cliff.

One of the weaknesses of this power, in any form, is that he cannot break the connection as long as the eye contact remains. That being said it could lead to dangerous situations if he were forcibly connected to a member of the house while being injured, yet also unable to break the eye contact.

In the last level, the pressure put on his own mind is too much to handle for longer than a few minutes if that, and if he kept it up it could definitely lead to death, of both Darcy and the one connected to him. Not that he knows that yet, shhh it's a secret. ^^

Further, while connected his especially vulnerable to psychic attacks, and connecting around a powerful psychic is a very bad idea. It also has a short range of only about 20 feet. Beyond that, the connection can't form. The way around this is by using some sort of physical matter to connect him to the one he wishes to connect to. Such as thread tying them together, sharing blood or even making a trail of hair or other biological matter.

I hope that kind of explains it way better. ^^ If not let me know.

Shroom Junkie Shroom Junkie

So I greatly suspect you all don't want to just spend the rest of the RP going through the tests (I know I don't). Any suggestions on how to spice things up? My thought was maybe for a group attack the lab in an attempt to snag them. Not immediately, but fairly soon.

Any excuse to use dynomite. (Ahh that’s corny). Or I could have Ben lose control. Although I do like the break in idea better.

Last edited:
It would be nifty, the tests probably won't be uneventful. If Rex loses control, or someone else's powers kind go haywire for a bit.

Topping that off with getting to know each other and how to work with each other's abilities with someone trying to take them from the lab would be pretty interesting.

I don't know, seems a bit hard for anyone to get in unless they have some sort of teleporting Enhanced, or someone who can go through walls that can bring people with them. The base location obviously could have been given away, seeing as how he sent information to a lot of people, but it would be awfully hard to penetrate any defenses, given the giant steel door inside of a cave, explosives wouldn't be an option, so they would have to weld their way through the door which would be hot as shit. I did hear of a backdoor which could be a potential option, but they'd still have to bust through the door that is, presumably, also giant and heavy metal. And with how high-tech the facility is, I'm sure there would be some sort of defense mechanisms.

However, should they penetrate the defenses, assuming the only people who would want to attack are psychos - who probably wouldn't want to go through the trouble - and anti-ECU terrorists, they would be great informants if captured alive and could lead us on a pretty awesome quest.

Well I'm certainly open to ideas. And you're right, a break in would have to be extremely well thought out. My initial thought is maybe something with drills (as cheesy as that is), more than a few EMPs, and some inside information.

Just an idea, but, one if us could always make a quick toss away character. Act as if he or she has been there for the whole while and have them betray the others. It would take care of how they were found and getting inside.

Just an idea, but, one if us could always make a quick toss away character. Act as if he or she has been there for the whole while and have them betray the others. It would take care of how they were found and getting inside.
I'm willing to go for that.

Also, if you'd like, each one of us could help you with playing Corgi. I know you said you weren't very comfortable taking tat kind of role, so we could all help you. Each one of us come up with a different trail and test. Corgi technically could just be described through the eyes of the others, since he's more of a background character now.

Just suggestions, I really enjoy the role play so far so I'm eager to help how I can. ^^

I do already have a put together in an instant character. And I’d always thought of that one as more kind of villainous.

Yahhah Yahhah NofaceFell NofaceFell Shroom Junkie Shroom Junkie fuil fuil
First, I want to thank you all for being patient with me. I am not always the most responsive (correction, rarely responsive), but you all have hung in here. Second, I'm going to take previously given advice and make Professor Corgi more accessible to you all. Please refrain from using him for anything major, but for individual tests and general purposes please feel free to use him.

Shroom Junkie Shroom Junkie
I do have some slight concerns regarding Monika's speed. I accepted your character with the baseline of running "at least three times as fast as normal." The average American woman in 2016 ran about 6 mph. Three times that is 18 mph. I was under the assumption you'd be going a bit faster than that given the nature of the RP, so don't expect me to hold you to that speed limit. Going five times faster (as indicated by your last post) is 30 mph. Honestly, I think that's a pretty good speed to hover around at the moment. It's fast, but not overly so. If the RP lives long enough I fully expect her to speed up. This mostly arose with the statement "To everyone else, she probably blinked out of existence for only a couple seconds." Depending on how far these different tangents she ran off on she'd definitely be gone longer than that. If you pictured them to be decently short, then great, no problem. The only other thing I will point out is to bear in mind acceleration. To anyone watching, they would clearly see her running off, not just barely catching what direction she went off as she appears to have "blinked out of existence." I'm just an overly-paranoid person in general, so if this appears to be an over reaction then A: I apologize, and B: just ignore this and carry on.

Shog Shog

Ah, shit. Yeah, sorry about that, it's just been goin' rather slow and it's been a month I don't quite remember everything in my CS. I'll stick to that now and maybe ramp it up little by little as it goes on. And honestly I'm terrible with measurements and for some reason I was thinking average was like, 10 mph, and didn't bother to look it up, but yeah thinking about it now that seems kind of insane. Just being generally faster seems more fun anyway, Flash-level speed just seems a little too out-of-bounds for anything but untouchability and that's OP and boring.

If it's okay with you though, I think 5 times faster is better than 3, because that puts Monika below Usain Bolt and just a little above most Olympic-level runners which seems rather dull. 5 times would put her at around 30 MPH running max speed where Usain Bolt's record is about 23, just so she actually seems a little meta-human.

reappearing after 15 seconds or so

Fixed it to fit about what I think it would take to run to her room, throw her jacket and goggles on, and dash back at non-exerting running speeds(15-20 mph).

Also, how do you picture the facility? Is it a concrete underground bunker-like facility, or is it made to feel homey, is it white and pristine? Does it vary by room and purpose?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back