• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Wasted Youth

Even though it's closed, you need to remove LGBT as an available character stereotype. It's messed up as hell.

I apologize, I didn't mean anything negative by it. As I stated before, it's a copied list, and any character that was made for this roleplay (or any roleplay I make) is welcome to be of any orientation. Thanks.

I apologize, I didn't mean anything negative by it. As I stated before, it's a copied list, and any character that was made for this roleplay (or any roleplay I make) is welcome to be of any orientation. Thanks.

Thanks for correcting this mistake, but I think you don't understand the issue so I'm just going to explain it a little.

It's not about people getting to choose whatever orientation or gender they want for their character. "LGBT" isn't a personality trait, and it isn't a stereotype. Asserting that it is and making a character based on that is just people making characters based on harmful stereotypes that are attached to the LGBTQ+ community.
LGBTQ+ is extremely diverse; it's not something that's a simple one dimensional a movie trope like "jock" or "stoner". These are real, actual people and how they identify. Because LGBTQ+ isn't something that has a specific personality or whatever, the only "stereotypes" you can use that are associated are the ones society attached to the community, which were created as a result of hatred for being different.
You wouldn't add "Black" or "Asian" to a list of character stereotypes, would you?

I hope you understand and don't do things like this in the future. Remember that LGBTQ+ is just a community of human beings.

Thanks for correcting this mistake, but I think you don't understand the issue so I'm just going to explain it a little.

It's not about people getting to choose whatever orientation or gender they want for their character. "LGBT" isn't a personality trait, and it isn't a stereotype. Asserting that it is and making a character based on that is just people making characters based on harmful stereotypes that are attached to the LGBTQ+ community.
LGBTQ+ is extremely diverse; it's not something that's a simple one dimensional a movie trope like "jock" or "stoner". These are real, actual people and how they identify. Because LGBTQ+ isn't something that has a specific personality or whatever, the only "stereotypes" you can use that are associated are the ones society attached to the community, which were created as a result of hatred for being different.
You wouldn't add "Black" or "Asian" to a list of character stereotypes, would you?

I hope you understand and don't do things like this in the future. Remember that LGBTQ+ is just a community of human beings.

I really appreciate the explanation, and I've already removed it from my list and apologized. You don't need to assume anything about me not understanding, because I do. I'm a part of the LGBTQ+ community myself. So again, thank you, and I hope you have a good day.

I really appreciate the explanation, and I've already removed it from my list and apologized. You don't need to assume anything about me not understanding, because I do. I'm a part of the LGBTQ+ community myself. So again, thank you, and I hope you have a good day.
Oh, sorry that I misunderstood you. I thought you were saying the problem was about people getting to choose their orientation based on your replies. Have a good day too :)

[Forlorn sigh.] The feeling when you wake up from a studying coma to realize that you've missed the deadline. I'm chill with that though~ as I don't really have Discord and I wouldn't be much with the plotting process and such. If a spot opens up, feel free to tag me though, as I've got a 75% completed CS and interest in the story!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back