• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Wasted Youth

apolla

❛ it's only love, nobody dies ❜

nothing haunts us like the things we dont say.

• tab one.

Wasted Youth.

They say youth is wasted, wasted on the young
    So they tell me, why are we having so much fun?
    All the midnight dreamers falling into love

They say youth is wasted on the young, and that your teenage years are the best years of your life. Well you're about to leave them behind forever. High school is over; college looms in the distance. Or maybe you've finished your first year of college, and you're wanting to revisit your youth. A group of friends has decided to get together for the summer. Friends, lover, exes, all together under one roof for two months. Can your new flame old a candle to your old one? Can you take the drama of the girl or guy you couldn't stand? Will you find true love, or are you just in it for the flings?

Let's find out.

coded by weldherwings.

Wasted Youth
They say youth is wasted, wasted on the young
So they tell me, why are we having so much fun?
All the midnight dreamers falling into love

They say youth is wasted on the young, and that your teenage years are the best years of your life. Well you're about to leave them behind forever. High school is over; college looms in the distance. Or maybe you've finished your first year of college, and you're wanting to revisit your youth. A group of friends has decided to get together for the summer. Friends, lover, exes, all together under one roof for two months. Can your new flame old a candle to your old one? Can you take the drama of the girl or guy you couldn't stand? Will you find true love, or are you just in it for the flings?

Let's find out.

About The Plot
So I'm looking for a group of people, probably ages 17-19 or so, for this rp. (That's character age, not your IRL age). You can have just graduated, or maybe you graduated a year or two (no more) before the rest. Either way, you're getting together with your old friends (and enemies) to live for the summer. Party time, baby!

Some ideas for stereotypes:
Wild Child
Skater
Drama Queen
Prince
Princess
Innocent
Sweet
Party Animal
Druggie
Stoner
Cheerleader
Jock
Bro
Nerd
Class Clown/Jokester
Emo
The Spiritual

* - Prince and Princess must have some sort of relationship. It can be sweet or toxic or anything in between

Rules
1. I expect literacy from you. Be able to put a sentence together properly.

2. No one liners-- there is a two paragraph minimum per post.

3. I'm not saying you have to post everyday, but a few times a week would be nice. Please don't express interest if you can't meet this requirement. I know that things come up, and that's not what I'm talking about here.

4. Be polite and respectful. If you can't manage this, you will be kicked, and YC will be killed off. (ha.)

5. vixe vixe is my co-gm, and her word is LAW!

6. Romance isn't a must, but it's encouraged/enjoyed by most. (Note, I said most). But don't break RPN's rules. Fade to black if needed.

7. Be mature. Not saying this RP is going to break RPN's rules, but i'm saying there may be mature topics/triggers. Do not bash anyone's character or anything like that.

8. On the topic of triggers, please be respectful. Do some research if you have to. Triggers are nothing to take lightly, and if someone gets upset, don't bash them for getting upset. Warn us if your post or character has triggers/trigger warnings.

9. If you have an issue with someone, come to me first. Or be a big person and actually talk to them about it.

10. There will be a discord for ooc chatter.

Last edited:
I’m gonna be the princess, I have an idea I wanna do :)

Are we making reserves here for the stereotypes we're shooting for?

This isn’t first come first serve! So you cant reserve a spot, I’m sorry. We will be picking the best character that goes with the role and the plot of the roleplay the best.

hey! sorry i have a few questions - what's the difference between the druggie (off topic but ugh, i just hate that word) and the stoner? also why is just 'lgbt' a stereotype on its own?

I’d like to claim the sweet role if that isn’t taken? Or can I come up with a stereotype?

You're welcome to come up with one!

Are we making reserves here for the stereotypes we're shooting for?

You're welcome to state which role you're going for, but as fox said, this isn't first come first serve. ^^

hey! sorry i have a few questions - what's the difference between the druggie (off topic but ugh, i just hate that word) and the stoner? also why is just 'lgbt' a stereotype on its own?

No need to be sorry! The druggie would be someone who does something more than just pot. And honestly, I copied this list from a friend of mine from a roleplay we attempted a few years back, and lgbt was on it. Any character is welcome to be any orientation. ^^

Hey love, are we only permitted to post one application or two?

Hello! I’m new to RPNation, but not new to RP, and trying to get a hang of the flow for things. I saw that the roles aren’t first come first serve, and am interested in joining if possible. I’m pretty flexible on what role I can play that works as a female, so how should I go about being considered for a stereotype? 🙃 I checked out the CS and the profiles on there look to have their roles selected so just want to double check. Thanks!

Hello! I’m new to RPNation, but not new to RP, and trying to get a hang of the flow for things. I saw that the roles aren’t first come first serve, and am interested in joining if possible. I’m pretty flexible on what role I can play that works as a female, so how should I go about being considered for a stereotype? 🙃 I checked out the CS and the profiles on there look to have their roles selected so just want to double check. Thanks!
Usually how it works is you go ahead and pick a stereotype that you like, then create a form for said stereotype and post it on the CS page. Although it's not guaranteed yours will be selected, putting your form there is a submission for the role you want. If they decide that character best suits the role, they'll tell you and you'll be in the roleplay (: The only ones you can't pick are the ones that Goldieloxx and Skinnyfox selected, cause they're the creators and already have their roles set.

Usually how it works is you go ahead and pick a stereotype that you like, then create a form for said stereotype and post it on the CS page. Although it's not guaranteed yours will be selected, putting your form there is a submission for the role you want. If they decide that character best suits the role, they'll tell you and you'll be in the roleplay (: The only ones you can't pick are the ones that Goldieloxx and Skinnyfox selected, cause they're the creators and already have their roles set.

Okay, I see! I appreciate your help! If I want to propose a new stereotype not listed, should I get that approved in this thread first? Or try my luck via CS?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back