• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Warhammer 40k: Planetbound

I'm looking over marine roles in chapters, and I honestly can't think of anything unique as of yet. Games Workshop seems to have covered a lot of the bases...and unless we choose to go full blood angel and introduce the EXTREMELY broken librarian dreadnought, I can't think of anything.

As an aside, is it a strange hope that in an 'oh shit' moment, some of the legion of the damned show up? They've always seemed interesting to me...then again, I'm just rambling now, so I'll hush.

"Barien Haerius, the enemy is advancing, and they've boarded the ship...we are losing ground quickly...guardsmen and battlebrother fall one by one...what do we do?"
>Legion of the damned somehow come forth
"By the emperor"

Forever, one of my favorite mental images when it has come to 40k. When all hope seems lost...leave it to the astartes that come out of absolutely nowhere to bring death and destruction...and then poof again.

I've always been a fan of the Mechanicus. Something about a bunch of robo-crazed priests, who also have the capability to spit out warriors, geniuses...and the occasional several stories tall walking machine of death speaks to me.

I think anyone who enjoys 40k, has to either have some sort of like for the legion, or at least a confusion. There's just so many questions when it comes to them from an in character standpoint, you have to wonder what the hell happened.

As a follow up, do they have a unique battlecry? Chapters tend to have a unique call to arms, such as the Blood ravens having "Knowledge is power, guard it well." and "None shall find us wanting"

Aren't warpsmiths more of a chaos thing?
Yes, they are. Typo on my part, I was thinking of the warpsmiths while writing the answer. Changed to technopath, as it was supposed to be. Also, I should be getting my CS soon. I will propably take a character frame for pragmatic apothecary and fill it up to fit this chapter.

So in theory thus far....we have an actual doctor, and a machine doctor? Just need a chaplain and we have a spiritual doctor too, eh?

So armor paint scheme would follow tones of black and red to match the insignia I assume? Just in a different pattern from chapters that do the same scheme?

Alright, just wanted to know. Techmarines have a semi-habit of doing their armor in Mechanicus rust red, but they still have their paldron with their chapter insignia and colors, while the other has the mechanicus skull. But that's not the case with the other marines....plus, I just wanted to see the nice pictures.

I do have an idea of how either the Librarian Captain, or Chapter Master (I'm throwing a blank here, can't even remember the Rec Templar equivalent) looks like.
87a4c6dc13bba4e5f491a9f216208a9a (1).jpg

I like it, honestly. If you mean the equivelant of chapter master when it comes to the black templars, it seems they refer to helbrecht as the "High Marshall"

Ah, sorry. You typed rec templars, and my brain corrected it to the immediete templars I knew of. I don't know anything on the red templars though, sadly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back