• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Warhammer 40k: Planetbound

I'll admit, I'm interested. But I do have a question.

To be totally outright with it, I'm still learning the fandom (though that doesn't mitigate interest in it). But from what I know, psykers and the mechanicus sects don't always see...eye to eye. With that said, how would the space marines handle their equipment upkeep? I can't find any record of there being a Psycher tech-marine, and I'm not sure it'd be possible. A tech-marine is of course, part of a backbone for space marines as they keep equipment, vehicles, etc etc running and their machine spirits appeased and happy.

Would this astartes chapter have to 'borrow' other chapters techmarines, for their assistance? Sure, they could just ask a standard tech-priest to help but...tech marines are a lot more geared towards the marines due to their armor and ability to tread through the hellfight their in to fix the machine. Not to mention I believe that their Mechanendrites like servo arms and servo-harness is considerably stronger than the standard varient...which makes sense due to their size and ability to field stronger and heavier equipment.

If I'm wrong, do fill me in, but that's just my question. I still have interest but figured I'd ask.

That is a good question. I'd think that what they'd do is choose certain Marines that don't have psykic abilities, and send them to Mars for training as a techmarine. Or, alternatively, they could have serfs who are specifically trained to handle maintaining the Space Marines' gear. Or, like you said, they could just borrow the techmarines from other Chapters.

Well, Red Cross Templars are successor chapter of Thousand Sons, and Thousand Sons did have techmarines. It is propable that our guys have techmarines too. Or the technopath idea.

Didn't see the comments, despite me thinking I had watched this thread. I'll reply to everything in order.
1. I think you'd have to redo what you've written for your red cross's in the first instance, as it states 'every marine is a psyker', and I don't want to cause you to rewrite anything.
2. Serfs I'm not sure of, because unless they're heavily augmented, they're not going to be able to get some of that work done
3. Borrowing a marine from a chapter, I could also see, not unheard of. Astartes tend to get along from my understanding (more or less), so a chapter requesting aid wouldn't be too far fetched. If we went with this idea, I could probably pull from an old character I had stored away honestly.
4. I don't think I've heard of technopaths in 40k, though I could be wrong.
5. Aren't warpsmiths more of a chaos thing?

I'm just asking questions to get everything straight in my head, because I do have a genuine interest in this.

I'll probably say that like the Thousand Sons, it's just a lot of the Marines are psykers. And I'm not too familiar with warpsmiths. What are they, exactly?

I've not a solid idea, but from light reading....chaos techmarine...so probably a lot of warp fuckery with tech fuckery....so a bad time. And in that instance, as long as no one objects, and you don't mind me being somewhat new to 40k, I'd love to throw my lot in. Would I directly message you a character sheet, or use the thread you posted?

The thread would be fine! And honestly, I'm just allowing a loose interpretation of the lore. So if you have an idea for something, feel free to share it!

I'll voice ideas should I have them. I'm still learning a lot of the lore, I've just spent most of my learning on the mechanicus groups just because that's what really interests me. I know a bit about the xeno races, and I know other things about the imperium. I'll go ahead and make that tech-marine in thread, and should there be an issue with it, you can DM me if you want and I'll adjust it as you wish?

Everything looks good to me! But if you could, change the rank to "Tech-Librarian." I'm giving the entire Chapter a Librarian motif in it's ranks.

Glad it looks good. I was worried I was cramming too much into it. And then I realized "astartes....probably as much death as possible on one thing, within reason", and just went with it.

I've made sure to keep the thread marked as 'watched', so I'll be sure to stay tuned for updates. Personally, I'm wondering if other members will choose purely standard marines/librarians, or if they too will make use of the more niche members of a chapter. Time will tell.

Yeah actully what are they like with humans how do they conduct war do they have a favored weapon and what is their paunt scheme are questions I have

In terms of their treatment of humans, they do value human life, but they are often distant, preferring to not get too close to them. Their main strategy is to arm their best psykers with Force weapons, and have them fight any Daemons while the others fight the other enemies. As stated, they normally prefer Force weapons, as well as the usual bolters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back