• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Warhammer 40k: Planetbound

Rusty of Shackleford

Ten Thousand Club
In the grim darkness of the 41st millennia, there is only war...

The planet of Hexacole has finally been pacified. Once a planet ravaged by a century long civil war, the deployment of the Red Cross Templars Space Marine Chapter promptly ended the conflict. The planet's regiment, the Bold Shields, have been pulled off world along with the Templars to deal with a recent Traitor Guardsman uprising, with humans and Warp trickery being the two factions speciality respectively. But on their way to their mission, the fleet was ravaged by an unknown threat. Possibly a Warp Storm. Regardless, much of the forces were killed, with the remaining Guardsman being allowed to take refuge on the flagship of the Astartes Chpater, the "Seeker." Now, they're cut off from the Astra Militarum, in unfamiliar territory. Many of the Astartes, including the Chapter Master, are either dead, or in stasis while their wounds heal. Their mission is simple: survive long enough for the tech priests to re-establish vox contact, and rendezvous with whoever will close!e for them.

Hello! I recently started participating in a GMod Space Marine RP, and it had a very similar premise to this. It's basically that, but adding in my own personal Astartes Chapter and Guard Regiment. As mentioned above, it will follow the two factions as they struggle to survive, raiding derilict outposts and abandoned ships for supplies, and fending off the enemies of Mankind. You can be in either faction, and of any rank. Serf, Sergeant, lieutenant, etc. I am reserving the commander roles for myself, but everything else is open for everybody! I'll give some basic info in each one so you can get a good idea on their overall goals and the like. Here they are!

The Bold Shields Regiment:
The Bold Shields Regiment is an infantry regiment from the Imperial World of Hexacole. Hexacole is a cold, muddy, and damp planet, naturally hardening it's people. That wasn't helped by the fact that for generations, it was locked in a bloody civil war between warring noble houses. The Bold Shields fought on the winning side, being renowned for their skill in urban and planetary combat against humanoid foes. They wear flak armor very similar to the Cadians, having plentiful resources in the vast mines of Hexacole, worked tirelessly by slaves. The planet has always had a strong military tradition, with enlistment being the only real way to advance in the strict social hierarchy. Fat nobles live in their vast manors, while the "peasants" (anyone who isn't a noble,) work tirelessly in the mines and farms. It has a pseudo feudalistic society, though all the nobility answers to the Council, run by the Imperial Cult. They often war over land and power, forging and breaking alliances as they see fit. This makes the common folk of the planet often be realists and cynics, making them excellent commander's and soldiers. The leader of the remaining Bold Shields is Captain Markus "Scars" Lucius, and there is about 2,000 or so men and women left.

The Red Cross Templars Astartes Chapter:
The Red Cross Templars date back all the way to the Horus Heresy. They were originally members of the Thousand Son's, but remained loyal to the Emperor. As such, almost every single Red Cross Marine is a psyker, with every member being deemed a Librarian. Similar to their Primarch, they have a thirst for knowledge, with one of their main goals being to gather any and all history of the Imperium. They are, however, deeply distrusted by the Inquisitorium, only employed when there are rumors of Warp heresy, and the Grey Knights are not an option. Their commander is called the Grand Librarian, with the commander's being called Librarian-Captains. The current Grand Librarian is Hynus Gayimedes, but due to injuries sustained during the Warp Storm, he has been put in stasis until his wounds heal. The current acting commander is Librarian-Captain Barien Haerius, and he commands about 200 currently alive and well Space Marines, with most of the Chapter dead, heavily injured, or on their homeworld.

Last edited:
Would it be possible to create and control an entire squad? I was thinking of an armored or scout Sentinel squad, or possibly a hardened veteran IG squad.

Warhammer 40k RP here

Y A S

I should be able to cook up something interesting in terms of character. CS when?

I can see this RP is going to involve space marines heavily, and that raises an important question. Since books and other lore sources are incosistent on various things, which power estimates we want to go with for space marines? DO we want to be reasonable, or do we want to go with highest examples of standard astartes speed and power?

If you're familiar, I'm going with what the animated "Astartes" shorts have shown. They're basically if you took an entire Seal Team 6 squad, made them all Captain America, and put them in power armor. But not too OP. They're still mortal.

If you're familiar, I'm going with what the animated "Astartes" shorts have shown. They're basically if you took an entire Seal Team 6 squad, made them all Captain America, and put them in power armor. But not too OP. They're still mortal.
I am, sadly not familiar. Link pls? Sounds interesting.

By the Emperor, this is the best short film I have ever watched. Thank you for introducing this to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back