• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom War of the North (Medieval Pokemon rp)

Ch3rryBlossom28

Ice Queen
This will be set in the medieval world. Owning and controlling pokemon significantly changed society. Status would be determined based upon what pokemon you had, or if you had one at all, and how powerful it is compared to other pokemon. Further, protection from those who would do you harm, in a world where not only you needed to worry about normal weapons like swords and bows, but pokemon with unimaginable power.

People from all social statuses can have pokemon. Royalty have the most powerful and rare pokemon (starters and things like eevees or gyarados) Dukes, counts, clergymen, and barons hold less powerful but still rarer pokemon. It varies among the Knights. Depending on how good you were depending on how strong of a pokemon you had, but none were stronger than the royalty.The knights do all have access to equus type pokemon like ponytails and rapidashes. Commoners can have up to uncommon but primary have common pokemon like pidgey, zigzagoon or poochyena. Those in the Church or other religious groups tend to have more psychic type pokemon. These social statuses are maintained by breeding these pokemon with others of the same species at the same social status as your own (usually with those you intend to marry your children into). It is possible to breed into higher status but very rarely does it happen.

Legendary pokemon are considered like deities among men. Those who manage to bond with one are considered a King/Queen and are able to conquer many continents. For instance the ruler of the Mongolian Empire had a legendary as his bonded pokemon.

Just like in real life, not everyone follows the established order. Bandits, mercenaries, and other lawbreakers do manage to get a hold pokemon that are above their rank and use them for their own gain.

Plot:
There is currently a war going on in the North. The kingdom has been forced to recruit more than average. Those who were spiritually bonded to a pokemon were chosen for they tended to fight better. They even had to stoop as low as to get help from a mercenary group that had grown large over the years. This mercenary group was called Sentinels. They had access to a whole range of pokemon that normally those of their rank would not have. The Queen requested that they fight for her in this war in exchange for pardoning and money.

There is fear that the ruler of the Kingdom in the North was bonded to a legendary, for they had not had such a fierce enemy in decades.

I will admit some of this was taken from an rp that was made by someone years ago though i changed it around to have my own flair. It is still in the makings plot wise and am willing to world build more on it. I love the pokemon concept but was tired of just a typical trainer rp. thought this would be more interesting. I want this to be a more literate rp so please a paragraph min (4-5 sentences is a paragraph). No one liners. I know when its just conversation it can be hard so i can make some exceptions but i would prefer no one liners. Last but not least at least one post per week min.

Lazy Taco Lazy Taco Paolumu Paolumu Crimson Rose Crimson Rose since i know yall where interested before

Last edited:
This could be interesting. What type of characters would we be allowed to play??
You can be anything! If you want to be royalty though you need to talk to me since I'll be playing the queen and a princess. But you can be a noble, mercenary, undercover spy, commoner dragged into the war, a knight, etc. And later we can make those on the enemy side

Could I play a blacksmith? I've had an idea for an older guy as a blacksmith for years, but none of the rps I introduce him in to take off for very long.

Could I play a blacksmith? I've had an idea for an older guy as a blacksmith for years, but none of the rps I introduce him in to take off for very long.
Sure! Hell be needed for this war. Even though Pokemon are a huge part they still use normal weapons as well

Sweet! I saw someone else mention they wanted to be a spy character. I also wanted to be one, is that OK? I'm still narrowing down my choices. I'm down to 7, but I'm still searching through pokemon I think would be fun to have. Do you have a thread up for OOC discussion?

Sweet! I saw someone else mention they wanted to be a spy character. I also wanted to be one, is that OK? I'm still narrowing down my choices. I'm down to 7, but I'm still searching through pokemon I think would be fun to have. Do you have a thread up for OOC discussion?
Spy for which kingdom? Ours or the enemy? And I will!!!! Working on it now. My computer died so I was waiting for it to charge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back