• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy War of the Dragons OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Alright, here's some basics:
-Tye government is a classic feudalistic setup: serfs serve under Knight's and Lord's, who in turn answer to the guy above them, until it gets to the King, who in turns answers to the Grand Priest

-The economy is like a mixture of late Medieval and classic Medieval. While most people are extremely poor, there is a system of currency, with most peasantry using coppers and the occasional silver. Gold is for nobles and rich merchants. Guilds are also growing, copying after the dwarven system of the economy. Guilds have even seeped into magic, and one isn't allowed to practice magic unless given a license by their local mage's guild.

-Most people are pretty pro-monarchy, seeing as this is the Middle Ages, and the divine right of king's is quite popular. Though with the rise of the middle class, many nobles fear that they'll soon be replaced.

-As magic is very common, so are magical creatures. Well, at least in the past. Constant hunting and expansion have driven many beasts into extinction, or close to it. Unicorns are no longer found in the Material Plane, as are many other fae creatures. Griffin's haven't been seen in centuries, and the same could be said of hippogriffs and manticores. Dragon's are occasionally seen, but very rarely. Think classic D&D monsters, but much rarer.

Gotcha, gotcha.
Question: Is like lower class can't use gold, or is just pretty rare for a pleasant to have a gold coin in their pocket?

And are you good with me making names of guilds, lands, lords, events? Also, who were the past King and Queen?

That's easy enough to organise, though if its to much Suni will just inform them that their guild halls continued existance is his bribe

so basically the idea that my big brain has come up with is that each face of this religion is a branch, idk what you really wanted, so I just started creating some lore about the church in general, I'm almost done, just cleaning up the doc a bit

Well I know I said I was going to post my character today but it’s my birthday and I’m no where near sober enough to even attempt the complexity of writing a back story. She will be up before Monday though.

So couldn't the Queen call for help from the foreign kingdom into the war then if their son is emperor?
This is a super late reply, but I still think it's worth saying. Mabynn could call upon the armies of Lys to aid her, but she's deliberately avoiding doing that. Her line is that she is fighting for the will of her people, and she will not call upon a foreign army, because the loss would be too great. She wants to damage Darius' public opinion without massacring her own people. She has a very intense personal philosophy around government and what it means to be an autocratic monarch, and she's determined to resolve this conflict with the least amount of bloodshed possible.

This is a super late reply, but I still think it's worth saying. Mabynn could call upon the armies of Lys to aid her, but she's deliberately avoiding doing that. Her line is that she is fighting for the will of her people, and she will not call upon a foreign army, because the loss would be too great. She wants to damage Darius' public opinion without massacring her own people. She has a very intense personal philosophy around government and what it means to be an autocratic monarch, and she's determined to resolve this conflict with the least amount of bloodshed possible.
*sad evil sword demon noises*
*also sad religious fanatic noises*

So if anybody wants to discuss or work out relationships, past events or anything of the likes with either Saria or Rosalia, do give me a tag here, im super up for it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back