• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom War Never Changes (Yep...it's a Fallout idea)

What wasteland do we want to visit?

• Total voters

ManofManyRoles

Fantasy and Sci-fi Enthusiast
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
When the bombs fell, the world was bathed in nuclear fire and everything changed. Humans were mutated into horrific abominations and monsters out of a science fiction thriller. The animals turned into lethal living weapons of nature, and the taste of radiation and the sound of a Geiger counter is never far off from anyone's senses. But one thing never changed, something stayed the same. War, war never changes. For humanity, and all of life itself, war is ever present. War against one another, war against nature, war against life and death itself. The only thing that ever changes...is where does that war take place? And on the flipside...the only other thing that never changes, is how humanity can rebuild. So the question to you, weary traveler. Where are we rebuilding, and where's the war?

---------------------------------

Hello there, intrepid reader. I'm taking a unique approach to this interest check, but I'll get to that point shortly. I am a die hard fan of the fallout setting, and as I'm once again playing through these stories on my downtime, I thought to brush the dust off a few concepts I've had laying around and see if someone might take interest in this story. The setting itself, the struggle of man versus man, and man versus nature, as well as the gritty beauty of the setting is just something that'd be a shame not to explore.

I offer to you two options, and that'd decide how I go about this. I have two story ideas I've had prepped for a while now. The setting's are fleshed out, I know how to detail them and how to write them. The question all boils down to one simple idea. What seems more interesting? Below you'll find a quick blurb about two options I'm going to present in a poll on the sort of story I write. I'll also be detailing some baseline rules and expectations.

Rules and expectations
1. Communication is key! We're all going to be doing this fun, and as I work full time for a living I'd be a hypocrite to say 'post every day'. With that said, if you need a hiatus or to step away, that's a-okay. Just give your writing partners (or just myself) a little heads up. I'll work with you if life gets in the way and you can't commit to writing anytime soon, and that way no one else gets held up in a scene and the story can progress.
2. None of us are writers for a living. Unless you are, in which case, that's pretty amazing! But in theory, anyone can craft a paragraph at bare minimum, and that's what I'd request as a minimum post size. I'm not going to be insane about it and rule it with an iron fist, but at least give your writing partners something of substance to work with. Sometimes a scene doesn't need a lot said, othertimes you can write a novella. But as long as there's enough substance to continue the scene, why get strung out about it?
3. Respect to yourself, and others. This is a pretty big one, no one wants a hostile environment. This is a hobby, no one wants to be put down for doing their hobbies. A lot of people use this as a way to relax from a long day of this or that. With that said, I'll be doing my best to stick to the 'energy' Fallout as a setting presents, but I will not doom and gloom this to death. Healthy environment sort of thing for all parties OOC.
4. Means of communication. Not so much a rule, and just a thing to keep in mind. I can make an OOC thread if this gets off the ground, but really Discord seems to always work better thanks to real time communication and other options. With that said, majority rule and all that.

The stories: A.K.A What you've been wanting to read this entire time

The Manhattan Project: A custom story with all new factions and lore to explore set in the state of New York. That's right, the whole state, not just the city. Meet the wise-cracking and fast-talking Cabbies who help keep the place alive and who know every route and every turn, or perhaps you'd rather talk to the isolationist Ladies of Liberty, an Amazonian society who refuse to have a man on the island, who are based out on Liberty Island and just want to be left alone? Meet familiar factions, and these new one's, as we explore New York, or 'New New York' if you ask the local Cabbie.

A new Legion: Fallout New Vegas is still considered the gold standard for Fallout Games. What I offer in this idea is a chance to explore that story after it ends, a new chapter and a new book we'll write ourselves. Caesar's legion has fallen, but something new is brewing. House is dead and the Courier rules from the penthouse for a 'Good' ending of Independent Vegas. Reunite with the NCR who've been allowed to establish trade with the city and patrol the Mojave as a 'buffer' between the city and the threats of the wastes. Encounter what monsters are made from one man's actions, and see the wide reaching effects a single man could have had on an entire region. This setting of New Vegas is based off my own playthrough of what I considered the best 'Good' ending to the story. Because of how New Vegas plays, the outcome is fluid to the player. So expect the story to not exactly match your own prior experiences.

Interested? Place a vote, check in, let's see how this goes.​

Last edited:
Throwing my hat in the ring. Time to bring back Quinn the roving outlaw, and his chipper talking arm.

Definitely interested. Was really hard to choose between the stories, though. They are both super interesting!

Are you planning on leaning into the gritty Mall-Ninja disaster prep side of the Fallout canon, or the wacky, fun stuff from fallout 4/New Vegas' Wild Wasteland

Are you planning on leaning into the gritty Mall-Ninja disaster prep side of the Fallout canon, or the wacky, fun stuff from fallout 4/New Vegas' Wild Wasteland
I'd most likely be leaning a bit more into the gritty side of things in your comparison. I absolutely intend to include fun and goofy themes and story elements, but wild wasteland just felt too silly imo. I'll be aiming to achieve a balance of canonical feel and levity.

I have some intrest would have to find a more serious character as the obe have been using is what if wild wasteland on steroids

I have some intrest would have to find a more serious character as the obe have been using is what if wild wasteland on steroids
More than welcome to join.

I'll likely give us a few more days, 1-3 most likely l, before announcing the winning plot vote and getting things started up.

Okay yeah we will see what I use I have the wildwasteland beast master (insects) or likely someone with a thing fir power armor (none brotherhood)

I"ve unfortunately got a bit on my plate for the next few evenings, so I'll have to get things prepped and out come this weekend. I do apologize for this delay.

Alright. Issues resolved sooner than anticipated. So, after looking at the results. Our winning vote will be the New York Prompt. I will have a synopsis post/final check up that will ping people who showed interest, as well as character sheets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back