• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Wanted: An RP Buddy [Literate / Detailed]

Indivisible Ink

Professional Cynic
Wanted: An RP buddy.

I’m a somewhat long-winded, literate RPer who is looking to get back into the writing game after a very long hiatus. I enjoy well-thought out plots and discussing the details of world-building and character development - so I suppose I am looking for someone else who is like-minded. Really, I am searching for a unicorn - an individual and RP partner more than just a one-off writing session. If you enjoy tossing ideas back and forth like mad AND you’re an easy-going individual, keep reading. Hopefully you’ll see something you like.

Do’s:
  • I do double, but I don’t expect it of you.
  • I do play both male and female characters and LGBTQ+ characters.
  • I do keep my partners up-to-date if I’m going to be more than a few days without a post.
  • I do have a life outside of the web. Sometimes I can’t post daily - but I am always down to chat.

Do Not’s:
  • I do not god-mod. And neither should you.
  • I do not post one-liners.
  • I do not play canon characters. Not even in fandoms.
Below is a list of 'stuff that I like'. These are genres or ideas that I just think are neat and could make a great RP with a bit of work.

Historical Fiction:
  • Pre-History / Neolithic Era
    • Hunter / Gatherer Cultures. Tribal issues. Megafauna.
  • Late 1800’s America / Frontier / Wild West
    • Pew-pew. Cowboys. Cultural / social differences in the melting pot-era of America. You name it.
  • Ancient Rome / Egypt
    • This is something I have never delved into. I just thought it might be neat to explore.
  • AU (Historical Fiction)
    • Quinten Tarintino / Man in the High Castle-ish / Alternate Historical Reality Earth.

Modern:
  • Underground Crime Syndicates / Mafia
    • Seedy settings with less than amiable folk. Skirting the law and being on the wrong side of it. Gritty stuff. Brothels. Gambling rings. The list goes on.
  • Strange Encounters / Cryptids
    • Urban legend type of stuff. Meeting a cryptid - befriending it, or does it try to murder you or wisk you off to some other world? Think stranger things on this one. Modern, but with room to play with some fantasy aspects.
  • Dystopian Future
    • The world as we know it has ended. So what does the future look like? Nuclear holocaust? A waterless wasteland? Is the end just beginning, or has humanity been dwindling for decades? Guess we get to decide. Rival settlements, societal differences, and so on.

Fantasy:
  • Tolkien / Dungeons and Dragons Type Settings
    • High fantasy, folks. Dwarves, Elves, Dragons, the whole lot. Tons of potential for world building have an affinity for Drow / Dark Elf culture, as well.
  • Modern (setting) Fantasy (characters / themes)
    • Just what it sounds like. A modern world with fantasy things in it. Maybe the barista at Starbucks is a Phouka. Your sister’s art professor could be a Sprite. Who knows?
    • So, along the vein of Shadowrun or ‘Bright’.

Feral / ‘Intelligent Animals’ RP
  • Exploring the socio-complexities of intelligent populations of animals.
  • No, I didn’t just try to make talking animals seem high-brow and cool.
  • Yes, this is basically Warrior Cats.
  • If you’re old, or are into old books, I would also say that this is along the vein of the Firebringer Trilogy (unicorns), Firebringer (deer), Ratha’s Creature (prehistoric cats), Dinotopia (dinosaurs), or The Foxes of Firstdark.

Mythology:
  • Celtic Mythology
  • Japanese Mythology
  • Modern American Mythology (Cryptids)
  • Greek Mythology
    • Any of the above in a period or modern setting. Mixing it with the ‘real’ world, or keeping the setting ethereal. Whicher appeals.

Fanservice / Fandoms / Genre AUs:
  • I will dabble in fandoms, but ONLY with all OCs. Non-canon characters only.
  • Here are a few of the fandom settings I could be persuaded to dabble in:
    • His Dark Materials
    • Gotham
    • The Hunger Games

Romance:
  • Sure. But I do not like it to be the epicenter of the entire plot.
  • No overtly sexual content, please. Keep within site rules.
  • LGBTQ+. Absolutely. Any and all pairings are welcome.
  • 18+. I prefer my potential RP partners be above the age of 18+. This is because I am a legal adult. Nothing against younger RPers!

If you’re still here, reading, after that immense list of ‘stuff I like’ - thank you. If you think we might be RP-compatible, let me know. Just drop me a PM.

(For the sake of cleanliness of the thread, I'll be deleting comments periodically!)

Last edited:
I'm interested in exploring The Man in the High Castle. I think it's such an interesting premise and there's a lot of potential there for RP plot. I'll PM you.

Hello~ I am also trying to get back into writing after some time off and live for anything historical. Definitely interested!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back