• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

wereplatypus3

Head Rattler
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Howdy! I'm Connor. I'm a grad student hoping to get my masters in cell biology soon. I've been roleplaying for a few years now, though I'm still a tad inexperienced with making threads on RPnation. So bear with me!

Recently, I've really gotten into Magic the Gathering, and I've fallen in love with a lot of the stories and settings contained therein. So I'd love to do a roleplay set in that universe! There are two planes/settings I'd really like to use in particular: Innistrad and New Capenna.
--
Innistrad is a plane packed to the brim with gothic horror tropes. Struggling human settlements band together to try and survive against the overwhelming number of horrors that haunt the night. Werewolves stalk the deep woods, vampires hunt foolish travelers who walk alone, and even more horrific creatures lurk in Innistrad's dark waters. Holy warriors known as Cathars protect humanity as best they can against the things that go bump in the night. But even with the help of guardian angels, that's often a losing battle on Innistrad...
shadows over innistrad.jpg
New Capenna is a plane that's basically a high fantasy 1920s setting. New Capenna itself is a giant mega-city, glamorous and gilded at its surface, hiding a dirty underbelly where the poor are forced to live in squalor. Five powerful crime families rule the city, any form of official government being practically a joke. A mishmash of fantastical species call New Cappena home, but if any of them want to make it big in the city, then they'll have to join one of the families. A powerful substance called Halo is one of the most prized possessions in the city, and all the families are being pulled deeper into conflict with each other over control of the miraculous substance...
1660026688760.png
--
I think both of these planes provide for a lot of potential stories and cool character concepts! Innistrad has humans tangoing with vampires, witches, and werewolves, and New Capenna has members of rival families going up against each other. No actual knowledge of Magic the Gathering is required for this rp, I think the setting can appeal to anyone that's never even heard of the game! Though I'd love to go over the setting in more detail with partners, and adjust things to fit our rp better.

Now I'll give a few of the harder rules on what I'm looking for, I might add on to these as I go:
  • I'd like my partners to be 18+. I'm an adult in my 20s, so I would feel more comfortable playing with other adults.
  • I'm fine with platonic stories, but I'm also down for stories with romantic pairings! M/F, F/F, and pairings involving NB or agender characters are all good with me.
  • Would prefer posts longer than one liners, but I don't like being strict on post length or anything. We'll play it by ear!
  • OCs very welcome! There are several Magic characters that are technically canon that I'd like to play, but we basically just have simple flavor text for most of them, so essentially I'd be making them into my own characters lol.
  • Very open to story suggestions, though can definitely provide a few of my own! An example of an Innistrad story: A Cathar knight grows very close to one of their fellow Cathars, unaware that their friend is hiding a lycanthropic curse! An example of a New Capenna story: A Broker agent must go after a member of a rival family that broke their contract, but that someone seems very familiar to the agent...
  • I'm fine with playing on site, in PMs, or potentially on Discord.
If you have any interest in doing a story in one of these settings, leave a comment or send me a message! Heck, if you just wanted to chat about Magic the Gathering, I'd be fine with that too :) Have a good one.

These are my two favorite planes as well! I would love a chance to rp in either of these amazing planes.

Hi! I haven't been playing lately, but new capenna looks really cool and I'd enjoy to rp there!

I have been playing MTG since the Mirrodin block back in 2004. I stopped playing the card game a few years back but I will always follow the story and the lore.

We could even start in New Capenna and maybe the plot takes us to Innistrad, the skies the limit.

Hi! I haven't been playing lately, but new capenna looks really cool and I'd enjoy to rp there!
Glad to hear it! Would you want to discuss it bit more over DMs? I always found tracking conversations a bit easier that way :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back