• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy W E E P I N G . W Y V E R N . T A V E R N ❧ OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Lekiel Lekiel How much would a bluecloak be paid? enough to like live a comfortable life in the capital?

Enough to live on the level of a Tel`Quessir peasant. Which is actually quite decent. Though you can create some stories about Bluecloak/edan enclaves developed by the Princess herself. As majority of tel`quessir would not be so keen on living next to an eda-, *cough* bluecloak.

Last edited:
Lekiel Lekiel I'm a bit confused about what you want us to do for the spells section? do we just name all the spells our characters are able to cast or just a general idea of what they can do?

Lekiel Lekiel I'm a bit confused about what you want us to do for the spells section? do we just name all the spells our characters are able to cast or just a general idea of what they can do?

Fret not dearest Elusive Shadow, I shall endeavor to dispell your confusion! :o Are you making a Storm Lord or Tempest?

Tempest? Perfect. Below I shall detail the abilities of a fallen brethren, a Tempest of Frost, with most extraordinary repute and ability for your reference.

Spells:
Sanya; From Elvish, it translates to "normal."(basic). These are just basic, low cost and reliable spells that Fenris can cast scores of. Small ice shards fired from the hands or streams of frost. Always smaller and weaker than any of the spells listed below.

Kantkhelek; From Elvish, it translates to "to shape ice." Simply put, Fenris can make various shapes of varying complexities from ice. Normally, the simpler the shape, the bigger he can make the shape, such as making a cube to act as a wall, he could make it as large as having a 15x15x15 foot perimeter, or, in much simpler design, he could make a wall 1 foot thick, and even ne able to add something similar to a two way door to it without effecting the size. It can also be assumed that he can make other projectiles, such as shards, spiked balls, or whatever other shape his mind can throw together. It is noted he can make more than one shape at a time, and control. If a shape is made on the same position as something bigger than the object made, it will hollow out around the obstacle - though, objects can only be made around a foot away from Fenris' hands, if not closer. Visually, when he casts this spell, blue mist will cover the area the spell is being casted on, form the desired shape, and then solidify at a quick rate. Usually, shapes bigger than Fenris will take more time to form than smaller, simple shapes. This is also the spell in which Fenris casts basic spells, like firing ice spikes from his hands. Shapes made can be stationary, or launched when made.
With Amuelet: The range of sizes he can make shapes are much greater. Usually, when shapes are being put together, it's near instant. If someone so happens to be in the place he decides to make a shape with the amulet on, they will be frozen all the way through.
Common applicable uses include: making small shards and raining them upon an area, making even smaller shards, no bigger than a grain of sand, and sending hundreds in the form of gale, or making defensive barriers, occasionally with protruding from the adjacent end. Your mind can think of anything else.

Teakhelek; From Elvish, it translates to "Precise ice." (or Line ice) The more complex version of Kantkhelek, Fenris can make shapes, and most rules from that spell apply to this. While in Kantkhelek, ice is made from Fenris' hands, but in this spell, ice is made stationary from a desired position, specifically for as far as he can see. However, the size of these shapes become much smaller the farther it is cast. He can also cast this spell underground, allowed him to make shapes rise up from the ground, and in turn, also giving him the ability to make traps, or attack from beneath an enemy's very feet. Visually, this spell looks no different than Kantkhelek when you can see it. The special thing about this spell is that the ice can be made to serve a function, like a large shard of ice exploding into icy shrapnel when someone comes near, or simply at the snap of a finger.
With Amulet: Size drop off and distance no longer share a correlation, and the size is entirely up to Fenris. Biggest shape size is doubled.
Common applicable uses include: Raising spikes from the ground immediately, or at a set time. Raising a barrier from far away to defend a far off ally. Make a block of ice above a target and let gravity do the rest.

Poldor-Losa; From Elvish, it translates to "Snow Force." This essentially sets a blizzard upon an area of varying sizes. Visually, it appears as a cloud of viciously swirling snow and ice. The bigger the area, the less violent the winds are. At its biggest size, it will essentially act as a natural blizzard - only fatal to those who are not prepared and linger too long in the effect. It's biggest size is a quarter of a mile in diameter. At smaller sizes, the swirling chunks of ice move at such speeds that they would fling a being in similar size to that of a human effortlessly. Similar to most storms, this spell has an eye that people can remain safely in until the effects of the spell cease. The eye is normally wherever Fenris is, if ever in the storm. (Oddly)Wood and metal are temporarily stained blue if they're in the storm for too long. The storm, will last longer the bigger it is made, but will ultimately be weaker, longest lasting a minute and a half, and at its greatest intensity, 30 seconds. Given he doesn't want to attack anyone, he can merely make it snow gently in an area.
With Amulet: Those caught in the storm for too long will freeze solid until the spell is over. Maximum size is roughly doubled in diameter.

Sul; From Elvish, it translates to "Wind." This is the only move that Fenris can cast that is not ice related, since it's not an ice spell, it is significantly weaker than all other spells. Generally he uses it to bring smaller objects to himself with a simple breeze, and even then, it rarely finds use.

Hilkin Arda; From Elvish, it means "To freeze Earth." This just makes the ground on the target area freeze. The shape is defined by Fenris, and the biggest size in 10 feet in any one dimension/axis. When the spell is cast, there's no visual cue, the ground just freezes over in the desired area.

Nefari of Storms

As you can see, the more complex the spells, the greater the description. The simpler, the shorter.

You don't need to come up with an Elvish name of course. Though I must say a twenty year old edan would not be able to make it to the level of Tempest, no matter the talent ^3^

Tempest? Perfect. Below I shall detail the abilities of a fallen brethren, a Tempest of Frost, with most extraordinary repute and ability for your reference.

Spells:
Sanya; From Elvish, it translates to "normal."(basic). These are just basic, low cost and reliable spells that Fenris can cast scores of. Small ice shards fired from the hands or streams of frost. Always smaller and weaker than any of the spells listed below.

Kantkhelek; From Elvish, it translates to "to shape ice." Simply put, Fenris can make various shapes of varying complexities from ice. Normally, the simpler the shape, the bigger he can make the shape, such as making a cube to act as a wall, he could make it as large as having a 15x15x15 foot perimeter, or, in much simpler design, he could make a wall 1 foot thick, and even ne able to add something similar to a two way door to it without effecting the size. It can also be assumed that he can make other projectiles, such as shards, spiked balls, or whatever other shape his mind can throw together. It is noted he can make more than one shape at a time, and control. If a shape is made on the same position as something bigger than the object made, it will hollow out around the obstacle - though, objects can only be made around a foot away from Fenris' hands, if not closer. Visually, when he casts this spell, blue mist will cover the area the spell is being casted on, form the desired shape, and then solidify at a quick rate. Usually, shapes bigger than Fenris will take more time to form than smaller, simple shapes. This is also the spell in which Fenris casts basic spells, like firing ice spikes from his hands. Shapes made can be stationary, or launched when made.
With Amuelet: The range of sizes he can make shapes are much greater. Usually, when shapes are being put together, it's near instant. If someone so happens to be in the place he decides to make a shape with the amulet on, they will be frozen all the way through.
Common applicable uses include: making small shards and raining them upon an area, making even smaller shards, no bigger than a grain of sand, and sending hundreds in the form of gale, or making defensive barriers, occasionally with protruding from the adjacent end. Your mind can think of anything else.

Teakhelek; From Elvish, it translates to "Precise ice." (or Line ice) The more complex version of Kantkhelek, Fenris can make shapes, and most rules from that spell apply to this. While in Kantkhelek, ice is made from Fenris' hands, but in this spell, ice is made stationary from a desired position, specifically for as far as he can see. However, the size of these shapes become much smaller the farther it is cast. He can also cast this spell underground, allowed him to make shapes rise up from the ground, and in turn, also giving him the ability to make traps, or attack from beneath an enemy's very feet. Visually, this spell looks no different than Kantkhelek when you can see it. The special thing about this spell is that the ice can be made to serve a function, like a large shard of ice exploding into icy shrapnel when someone comes near, or simply at the snap of a finger.
With Amulet: Size drop off and distance no longer share a correlation, and the size is entirely up to Fenris. Biggest shape size is doubled.
Common applicable uses include: Raising spikes from the ground immediately, or at a set time. Raising a barrier from far away to defend a far off ally. Make a block of ice above a target and let gravity do the rest.

Poldor-Losa; From Elvish, it translates to "Snow Force." This essentially sets a blizzard upon an area of varying sizes. Visually, it appears as a cloud of viciously swirling snow and ice. The bigger the area, the less violent the winds are. At its biggest size, it will essentially act as a natural blizzard - only fatal to those who are not prepared and linger too long in the effect. It's biggest size is a quarter of a mile in diameter. At smaller sizes, the swirling chunks of ice move at such speeds that they would fling a being in similar size to that of a human effortlessly. Similar to most storms, this spell has an eye that people can remain safely in until the effects of the spell cease. The eye is normally wherever Fenris is, if ever in the storm. (Oddly)Wood and metal are temporarily stained blue if they're in the storm for too long. The storm, will last longer the bigger it is made, but will ultimately be weaker, longest lasting a minute and a half, and at its greatest intensity, 30 seconds. Given he doesn't want to attack anyone, he can merely make it snow gently in an area.
With Amulet: Those caught in the storm for too long will freeze solid until the spell is over. Maximum size is roughly doubled in diameter.

Sul; From Elvish, it translates to "Wind." This is the only move that Fenris can cast that is not ice related, since it's not an ice spell, it is significantly weaker than all other spells. Generally he uses it to bring smaller objects to himself with a simple breeze, and even then, it rarely finds use.

Hilkin Arda; From Elvish, it means "To freeze Earth." This just makes the ground on the target area freeze. The shape is defined by Fenris, and the biggest size in 10 feet in any one dimension/axis. When the spell is cast, there's no visual cue, the ground just freezes over in the desired area.

Nefari of Storms

As you can see, the more complex the spells, the greater the description. The simpler, the shorter.
Alright, I think I get it now, my CS should be up in an hour or so.

You don't need to come up with an Elvish name of course. Though I must say a twenty year old edan would not be able to make it to the level of Tempest, no matter the talent ^3^
He's a bluecloak with magical ability, I chose tempest as the class, why? do blue cloaks not call em tempests? also he's 22.

Nah, its my bad, I totally forgot that the stormlords specialize into planeswalkers or tempests. My guy'll be a stormlord then.
All good =D

Feel free to use a wide array of elements then ^^ though there's nothing stopping you from being good in a particular one. Starting 'weaker' would also be good, gives you more room for character development!

Uhm, Lekiel. It’ll be quite the while. Three months, unless something pops up where I can get on a computer. Which is unlikely. :/

My family refuses to let me on a computer, so I’m waiting for college...

Uhm, Lekiel. It’ll be quite the while. Three months, unless something pops up where I can get on a computer. Which is unlikely. :/

My family refuses to let me on a computer, so I’m waiting for college...

Ohh... well, you should've told me ^3^; you're missing out on heaps of info. Give me a day or two, I'll make another post with just the text for you.

And maybe a picture or two. No fancy codes though.

"The scourge known as the Wretched was the only real problem the place had and that meant that it had a big damn problem."

I LOL-ed. Ten points to Slytherin.

shadowz1995 shadowz1995 and Darth Darth , your characters are accepted =) Well done! Don't post yet though, until I say so. The group will likely be meeting up via a good ole Tavern recruitment session.

"The scourge known as the Wretched was the only real problem the place had and that meant that it had a big damn problem."

I LOL-ed. Ten points to Slytherin.

shadowz1995 shadowz1995 and Darth Darth , your characters are accepted =) Well done! Don't post yet though, until I say so. The group will likely be meeting up via a good ole Tavern recruitment session.
Aw you remembered my house. I'm flattered.

Darth Darth you and me battle buddy. Eshgetit

darkborn darkborn and those interested, I've extracted the text and laid it out with much simpler coding in the lore thread.

Cool as it is, waiting for the wheels to turn in order to access the codes can be a pain in the behind.

Lekiel Lekiel I didn't add my writing sample to the post because I thought it's be kinda clunky, is it okay if I just send it to you in a pm or just here maybe?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back