• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy W E E P I N G . W Y V E R N . T A V E R N ❧ OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
I see... that'd be a nupe unfortunately.

Think of magic in this world as like lotr + elemental magic. A sword could not be set aflame as explained in the magic lore section. 'Magical sword' are more like unnaturally sharp, glows when there's danger etc. lotr style. Healing and inspiring, strengthening magic comes from the divine.

Bow and swords doesn't have to be creepy. It's how you hold them. A ranger need not be proficient with a bow and can just as well be frontline fighters e.g. Moongarde.

Elucid Elucid There are flaming swords actually, but its more of a divine flame and its usually the weapon's reaction against certain enemies. High-level true chaos. Technically, we would be unaware of these weapons even if we held them as no one has really fought a high level chaos enemy in the current setting.

In the same way devout worshippers of the three goddesses would be able to smite with holy flame against these enemies. Even when they have no stormlord 'knowledge'.

Last edited:
Do tempests ever fight in hand to hand combat?

The sheer demand required to study magic would not give them sufficient time to be a martial artist. That being said, they can be a rather fit individual and if jumped on, there's no stopping them from conjuring an ice spear to impale smaller unintelligent foes like a goblin. But if you're thinking about purposely fighting in the melee, they would be bested even by a reasonably adept warmaster or Wretched. Casting magic takes time ^^! A simple icebolt can be done in the blink of an eye, but if you're going to swing that bolt to parry multiple blows from an 8 foot orc swinging a huge axe, its gonna shatter.

They can also armor themselves in advance using their element of choice of course. But really, they need not be weaklings, but they're far from brawlers.

Its getting a little crowded with all them humans no? my guy's a human bluecloak too. It'd be weird if the Princess' party has like 5 humans and 1 elf right?

We'll. . . just see how it goes ^_^;

Not every posted CS will be immediately accepted *cough*

Alright, Lekeil, I understand the races. Though, my idea for the class isn’t new magic, but more like a fusion between a warrior and a magus- you know, that typical eldritch knight thingy.

And good thing I have backup characters in mind!

As I have explained to Elucid Elucid , that would not be possible. In this world, you have to pick one or the other. The knowledge and limitations provided for magic users simply will not allow for them to be proficient at melee. You can be passable, but then you'd be wasting your magical talent while being less than mediocre in melee combat. Besting perhaps only the lowly fighters.

Magic demands all your attention, or you'll get nothing at all =)

The sheer demand required to study magic would not give them sufficient time to be a martial artist. That being said, they can be a rather fit individual and if jumped on, there's no stopping them from conjuring an ice spear to impale smaller unintelligent foes like a goblin. But if you're thinking about purposely fighting in the melee, they would be bested even by a reasonably adept warmaster or Wretched. Casting magic takes time ^^! A simple icebolt can be done in the blink of an eye, but if you're going to swing that bolt to parry multiple blows from an 8 foot orc swinging a huge axe, its gonna shatter.

The only 'hybrids' are Ranger enchanters. Or Sungardes. Then again, theirs is more of divine power of healing and very specific divine empowering attacks, in the case of the Sungarde.

Looking forward to seeing what you have in mind =3

Then again, if any of you guys want to deliberately nerf your character permanently for all of its fantasy life, then I could consider making it an exception. ^3^

Last edited:
Lekiel Lekiel What class would you suggest for a melee-centric mercenary? Or would a mercenary be class in itself?

A warmaster would do nicely. Or rogue. Warmasters are basically warriors. They need not be tied to the military. You can label it as Warmaster/Mercenary

Last edited:
Hmm... mind if I pitch another class idea at you, Lekiel?

If this one doesn’t fly with you, I’m gonna use the standard classes. So, don’t worry- this is the last crazy idea. ;)

Hmm... mind if I pitch another class idea at you, Lekiel?

If this one doesn’t fly with you, I’m gonna use the standard classes. So, don’t worry- this is the last crazy idea. ;)

Pitching is uhm... not illegal

But you can catch it, right? You got your glove?

xD. So anyways, here’s my second proposal: anti-magic. Now, before the clamor arrives, lemme tell you how this anti magic works.

So, the character emits an anti-magic field around him- say, ten feet, maybe five in radius. Anyone within the circle can’t cast spells; however, one can cast a spell through the field, if they’re outside of the said field.
There’s a second layer of defense: the anti magic person himself can’t be affected by magic- if any spell touches his skin, it dissipates.

Now, this idea is open to manipulation and changing and whatnot. It also can be shot down. Just... please choose the right caliber to shoot it down with.

Points for the dry humour.

It also sounds reasonable, but it's not what im looking for and something that im not willing to permit with established lore ^3^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back