• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy W E E P I N G . W Y V E R N . T A V E R N ❧ OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
SOOOooooo, I've been trying to work on my character but, instead, I've been stuck looking at a blank page for the past hour or so. My problem? I can't come up with a name and, for some reason, that's hindering all my progress. Someone help >.<

SOOOooooo, I've been trying to work on my character but, instead, I've been stuck looking at a blank page for the past hour or so. My problem? I can't come up with a name and, for some reason, that's hindering all my progress. Someone help >.<

What kind of character were you thinking? Elf or Human?

What kind of character were you thinking? Elf or Human?
Elf, which is why this is so hard for me. I want it to be something that fits with all the other names introduced in the canon lore, but I'm afraid my creativity is failing me in this department. I'm just not good with names. I usually use baby name websites for my characters, but that doesn't help for naming an elf lmao

Elf, which is why this is so hard for me. I want it to be something that fits with all the other names introduced in the canon lore, but I'm afraid my creativity is failing me in this department. I'm just not good with names. I usually use baby name websites for my characters, but that doesn't help for naming an elf lmao

Have you ever tried a site called "Fantasy Name Generator?" That's what I use to kick start the old creativity stream. They've got lots from high German names to nymph names. I'd probably go with an Elf name that is similar to the Lord of the Rings universe, the naming seems mildly similar

Last edited:
Have you ever tried a sight called "Fantasy Name Generator?" That's what I use to kick start the old creativity stream. They've got lots from high German names to nymph names. I'd problay go with an Elf name that is similar to the Lord of the Rings universe, the naming seems mildly similar
No, I haven't.
I just googled and it's exactly what I've been looking for. Thank you so, so much! I can't believe a site like this actually exists.

No, I haven't.
I just googled and it's exactly what I've been looking for. Thank you so, so much! I can't believe a site like this actually exists.
No problem! I thought the same thing when I found it lol. I also get stuck on names, sometimes you have to find one that fits just right.

Say Lekiel Lekiel , I'm rather curious. How long have you been building this world of yours? I have to say I'm really impressed with it's depth.

Say Lekiel Lekiel , I'm rather curious. How long have you been building this world of yours? I have to say I'm really impressed with it's depth.

There are a few answers to this =D

If you're asking when I actually put down the first word that would spark this world into being, then that'd be about 2010. So 9-10 years ago. It started as the first RP I ever GM-ed ^3^ The setting for that one was quite different. That was more low-fantasy and set in the modern world where these gods and goddesses gave power to humans to fight an evil. It's evolved quite a bit since then, and I'd say the first complete version of Andarun at large was completed in 2011. This was in a previous RP website called eliteskills rp. I've added stuff to it and RP-ed countless stories from it and perhaps finally started feeling happy about its depth of lore recently (2017).

Bloodsworn itself is just a fragment of a larger world, and set in its tumultuous past! So every word you guys would RP here, you'd be pretty much writing the stories of legends... pretty cool huh! Writing slightly separate lore for Bloodsworn took about a month.

There are a few answers to this =D

If you're asking when I actually put down the first word that would spark this world into being, then that'd be about 2010. So 9-10 years ago. It started as the first RP I ever GM-ed ^3^ The setting for that one was quite different. That was more low-fantasy and set in the modern world where these gods and goddesses gave power to humans to fight an evil. It's evolved quite a bit since then, and I'd say the first complete version of Andarun at large was completed in 2011. This was in a previous RP website called eliteskills rp. I've added stuff to it and RP-ed countless stories from it and perhaps finally started feeling happy about its depth of lore recently (2017).

Bloodsworn itself is just a fragment of a larger world, and set in its tumultuous past! So every word you guys would RP here, you'd be pretty much writing the stories of legends... pretty cool huh! Writing slightly separate lore for Bloodsworn took about a month.

Wow, that is pretty cool! I'm kind of a sucker for fantasy worlds and lore. I really love it when the world seems alive.

Lekiel Lekiel What sort of things are you looking for us to elaborate upon in regards to original towns/villages? Population? Internal and external conflicts? Economy?

A rough location of where it is situated, e.g. in between cal`ancalen and an`Falithe

Rough estimate of population (no need for numbers, middling sized village, small town etc.)

Economy, yes. Why does that place exist? Mining? Carpentry? A temple perhaps?

Condition in recent years. Perhaps it started off as just a quiet town on the outskirts. But due to its location, the Tel`Quessir have stationed a legion of troops there perhaps? Or maybe its to the far south-east. Far from the evil in the western reaches. So it's ignored by the tel`quessir troops until they were suddenly attacked by roving bands of Wretched?

Stuff like that =3

A rough location of where it is situated, e.g. in between cal`ancalen and an`Falithe

Rough estimate of population (no need for numbers, middling sized village, small town etc.)

Economy, yes. Why does that place exist? Mining? Carpentry? A temple perhaps?

Condition in recent years. Perhaps it started off as just a quiet town on the outskirts. But due to its location, the Tel`Quessir have stationed a legion of troops there perhaps? Or maybe its to the far south-east. Far from the evil in the western reaches. So it's ignored by the tel`quessir troops until they were suddenly attacked by roving bands of Wretched?

Stuff like that =3
Got it. Thank you!

Princess Amaranth is a Ranger. Under ranger there are three 'specializations'. Moongarde, Sungarde, Enchanter. Rangers in itself can be a standard class. It's not really a 'hybrid' per se ^-^.

Stormlords have specializations of their own.

What sort of 'magic' are you going for with Knight Enchanter?

Edit: Not sure if you're aware, if you hover over the image of the classes, it expands and gives you more info.

Princess Amaranth is a Ranger. Under ranger there are three 'specializations'. Moongarde, Sungarde, Enchanter. Rangers in itself can be a standard class. It's not really a 'hybrid' per se ^-^.

Stormlords have specializations of their own.

What sort of 'magic' are you going for with Knight Enchanter?

Edit: Not sure if you're aware, if you hover over the image of the classes, it expands and gives you more info.
primarily support stuff; minor healing, dispel magic, inspire etc. but he'll also be able to conjure weapons and add buffs to existing equipment.

Seems like a ranger enchanter, minor healing yes, inspire yes, buffs... what sort of buffs?

There is no dispel magic in this setting ^^;

I dunno If i'd call it a ranger enchanter though, doesn't that come with the connotation of having a dagger or a bow and arrow and being all sneaky and generally creepy?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back