• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic VR Mecha Game RP Interest Check

SCSaya06

Observer
UBrtb7n.jpg

Working Title – Nero: The Hidden City

Genre: VRPG, Modern, Futuristic, Mecha

The Game World
The story revolves around a handful of players of a popular VR game called NERO. It is a Mecha-based VR fighting and exploration game set in a network of multiple satellite-colonies. In the game, players take control of a character avatar called Cyphers and use it to navigate the virtual world from moving about in the game’s rich cityscapes to piloting the game’s titular mecha units known as Chevaliers. Huge portion of the game revolves around using Chevaliers to accomplish various missions across the network while the separation of the pilot and mecha allows for other mechanics and nuances to be explored.

There’s a whole host of missions available from solo missions to team missions and the game also offers a slice of the competitive scene with the integration of a PVP system. Players are divided amongst the four colonies they chose to start out in and the PVP battles themselves can range from simple skirmishes, duels and territorial warfare. Chevaliers can be permanently destroyed and lost in battle, but a player’s Cypher avatar can still live on, allowing them time to acquire a new Chevalier and continue their progress. Certain special quests also allow players to acquire the Einherjar; a line of very powerful Chevaliers in NERO.

NERO’s goal however, is neither to acquire all the Einherjar nor to reach the highest ranking in the competitive ladder. The goal of the game is to find the hidden colony of NERO, located somewhere in the game’s vast setting. What happens when players find it; nobody knows as no player has ever found NERO, leading to speculation that the hidden city is merely, an unfounded rumor.

The Real World
While most of the story’s interactions will be conducted in the game world, characters will be able to interact outside of the game in the form of short “breaks” from gaming sessions.

NERO has a tie-in with certain model kit companies, allowing players to purchase the model, scan it and acquire that unit in their actual game profile. NERO has a dedicated center for this kind of interaction and players routinely gather here for real-life interaction and information exchange. This center will be the melting point where characters can interact IRL but other locations are feasible as well.

Einherjars cannot be acquired through this method.

NPC Antagonists

Planned NPC Antagonist is the team belonging to one of the colonies (which means that we will only be creating characters for the remaining three colonies). Dubbed as the strongest players in the game, they will also serve as “bosses” at certain points in the RP’s story.

Poll:

I can choose to take this RP into two different directions. One is a more structured format where all characters will be lumped into just one team needing to work their way up the competitive ladder to challenge the strongest team and finish NERO. I can probably moderate and manage the RP by myself if this is the preferred direction.

Second direction is more free-for-all, with characters being equally distributed across the three colonies. Very flexible in terms of story and interaction but I may probably need to seek help managing the RP if this is the preferred direction. Probably one or two co-mods that can help me manage the three colonies, missions, antagonists and other details.

I will expand more on the game lore and setting once I am able to construct a proper lore page. (Only working on this during my downtime at work. Don’t tell my boss. *wink*)

Sounds really interesting, i've been looking for a RP to scratch a Mecha itch of mine for a while now. Count me in!

In terms of plot direction; I think the first option would make things a little less hectic and easier to follow from a narrative point of view. <3

I'm pretty interested as well. I think that while both options sound good it would be far easier to manage the first one and secure that the small group we do end up making doesn't disband as soon as it could.

Very interesting... I'd like to join if possible.
The options are both good in their own right... If people prefer teamwork, I suppose the first option is best.

Interested. First option sounds easiest for you, which is always good because a happy GM = a happy RP, but I like the idea that the second one wouldn't be just the competitive parts; i.e. if there'd be more than just battles involved in the second one, I'd be inclined towards it. Action is fun, but relentless action gets a bit boring unless it's an actual video game xD

Sounds like fun. I too am a fan of the first option. One thing though. How big are the teams? With the people that are interested so far, would we need to split into two different teams?

Seems like everyone's leaning on the first one. Okay, interest check isn't completely closed yet but taking all your choices in to account, we're going for the first one.

Bang Bang Bang Bang Wholeheartedly agree with the action bit yeah. Which is why we'll get breaks where the characters can meet IRL in both options.

Enolx Enolx Nah, I think the number's still fine for one team. We reach ten and beyond, I'll split us up into two colonies. Maybe.

11 people including me. Looks like we may have to split into two teams after all.

I'll try to get the RP up...maybe tonight or tomorrow night.

This sounds super cool, gives me hard Gundam build fighters/divers vibes. I'd love to join if your still looking for people.

JW Suzusihi JW Suzusihi Of course. It's still open after all~

As for those who wants to partner up, sure. I'll keep that in mind when assigning the colonies. As for how it'll be decided, I'll just randomize it in a generator or something though I'll be counting those who opted to partner up as one entity in the roll.

Estimated time of the RP going live is...Thursday night in my time. I'll only be able to work on it in the evenings after all so please, bear with me a bit 'kay?

I am also interested in joining. I am also going to throw my vote in the structured narrative pool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back