• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Voids Call - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

Jet

Uncultured
Some things that I have probably neglected to stress.

For character creation...

Our characters are going to be hand selected by a coalition of different species. Think the UN of the galaxy.

That means that your character should have a skill that would make them valuable.

They should be known by the diplomats representing your character specie. If that's personal friendships, being a veteran soldier, an officer in the army, intelligence officer, well known scientist or doctor etc then that works.

If you already wrote a CS where that scenario is far fetched then I am super freaking sorry. I put a line in the interest check thread but upon re-reading it I realize that it may have been too weak a line. My bad.

Last edited:
Jet Jet Heeey, I can't find the mentioned lore section. I'm making a human character, so I'd very much like to know about Earth in the future.

Yeah I need to write that section.

Spark notes edition of humanity...

There are two human empires. The Terren Union and the Federation of Free Worlds. The former is an Oligarchy, existing for over a thousand years, while the FFW is but forty years old and is a union of hundreds of "Free Worlds" that share military/govt/taxes while everything else, laws included, vary wildly from planet to planet.

The FFW was established in a five year civil war that saw millions dead, so there's a tangible animosity between the two empires.

As far as power/culture.

The FFW has about 40% of the old human empire. The Union has the 60%. The Union is more affluent and owns "Sol" (earth solar system) but the FFW is more adaptable and efficient and owns most of the outer colonies where natural resources are plentiful. The FFW has a peacefairing, libertarian vibe about it and is more liberal, while the Union is old; old money, old traditions, pretentious but super affluent and experienced.

The two empires have comperable levels of technology, but the Union does have superior weapons tech, medical medical tech, cybernetics and residential buildings. While the FFW has superior spacecraft.

Earth in an of itself is a hive planet with a population in the tens of billions, covered in city far and wide there is no natural life left. It's a massive, sprawling world with beautiful portions where man-made spectacle takes breath, and other sections where no light reaches. Just as varied as you'd expect on such a populous world.

Last edited:
Keltoi Keltoi

GolemGuy GolemGuy

As we are RPing as group that's been picked for a mission by our species representatives, it may be good to have a good reason cooked up as for why your character has been chosen. Maybe an old friend or contact, maybe the only available operator in the region etc. I only say this because you both have that "wanderer" thing going on which can work, I just want to make sure that there's a logical reason for why you'd get an invite. Otherwise I accept both of your characters, I appreciate all the thought both of you put in as well, fookin awesome characters!!!

Angelofwishes7 Angelofwishes7 I know you labeled your CS as a WIP but you're accepted so long as you finish your CS and don't add anything crazy, but you seem to be operating within the boundaries of the genre anyway so I'm not worried. Dope character btw!!!

ChunkyBeef ChunkyBeef

Your character, despite being pretty funny to read (and the samurai Champloo Faceclaim ayyyyyy), can't be in this story my man I just don't see how that would work at all. The members of this RP have been chosen by representatives in the council to form a multi-specie group, like the Fellowship of the Ring almost. A crazy character could work (maybe) but not a complete bum, I can't see it. On top of that humanity is a cross galactic empire, Mars isn't backwater. If you want a pioneer background it would be from the Outer planets of the FFW where new planets are still being found and colonized.

Jet Jet well then if I keep the pioneer part and make him a smarter person and keep a bit of his crazy personality is this ok with you?

Last edited:
Edited, but left it a bit vague (not to make my character mysterious or anything, but because idfk how to go about it).

Thanks for the compliments!

Last edited:
Jet Jet well then if I keep the pioneer part and make him a smarter person and keep a bit of his crazy personality is this ok with you?

As long as it makes sense in the context of the story. Characters are selected by a council and all so... Excentric can certainly work and so can the pioneer world part. Just try and fit it into the context and we are good.

Jet Jet I believe Plash is finished.
There may still be a few small errors, but I'm happy with her for now.
if you have any questions or anything needs to be changed just let me know!

There are some outstanding sheets in this game. I don't think I've seen so many aliens in a RpNation game ever. Really impressed!

There are some outstanding sheets in this game. I don't think I've seen so many aliens in a RpNation game ever. Really impressed!

Agreed. I'm happy to see a huge range.

Yeah h and if I've hit the heart button on your CS you're accepted (for everyone)

And I have to say, I really respect the thought you put into you character. Never thought I'd see a Dyson sphere get name dropped in a CS! Absolutely awesome job.

I couldn't help but notice that the last post was made a week ago. Is this rp done? If not, is it a closed or open rp currently?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back