• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Villains and Heroes: Eternal Strife: Roleplaying Thread

( GearBlade654 GearBlade654 , Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre , TheGhostlyPirate TheGhostlyPirate , The Golden General The Golden General , and D duegxybus , I am thrilled to say that our story writing team will be releasing the prequel to this RP. As some of you know, Villains & Heroes II: Eternal Strife is the second part in a several part saga. We have decided to revamp Villains & Heroes I: First Struggle here on RPN. It is the prequel to this RP, as this RP is the sequel. We will be RPing some of the fight scenes described in the prologue. It will take place in 2015, twenty years from the current time. As I am heading the project, I expect the RP to be released in about two weeks. If you're interested, let me know, and I will keep you up to date on the production of this new RP. Thank you!)

Gear
Injuries: None
Armor Damage: None

"All guards, be warned. There is a villain loose in the building."
I walk over to the elevator, and draw my hammer, watching intently.
"I repeat. Villain loose in the building. I thought this was some heist, but it's carnage on the below floors. Beware."

Vanish

Two fireballs? Heh, these things are slow. Is that all he got? I roll under the first fireball which was aimed for my face and jump over the second one aimed for my lower legs. The fireballs behind me blow up as I get closer to Lightning Strike and kick him forcefully to the ground.

Lightning Strike

I watch as the fireballs explode. Shoot. I probably just screwed up the display system. Like, damaged it, badly. Suddenly, a sharp pain ignites on my back, and I am thrown to the ground. It was him. It had to be.

The Golden General The Golden General

Vanish

You notice Lightning Strike writhing in pain. The maneuver clearly worked. Now, it looks like you've defeated another pesky hero. That puts you one step closer to taking the building!

The Golden General The Golden General

Vanish

That was easy. Now to rewrite the display system which was surprising left with little damage from the fireballs. I go towards the display system. There is a code for this which is on the wall. It reads:

I go to the display system computer and type in the code.

>9762_

>..._

>..._

>ACCESS GRANTED_

>CURRENT DISPLAY: DEFAULT STOCKS_

>CHANGE DISPLAY_

>CITIZENS OF MEGAMETRO, I AM YOUR NEW LEADER. TODAY WE WILL ALL UNITE AGAINST THE CORRUPT AND GREEDY GOVERNMENT AND POLICE FORCES AND MAKE A MEGAMETRO THAT IS FREE OF CENSORSHIP, FREE OF ENFORCEMENT AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, FREE OF LAW. I WILL CREATE A NEW ERA OF MEGAMETRO._

>ACTION DONE_

>SHUTTING DOWN..._

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile on the outside...

As a family walks by the Central Finance Building, the display changes from this:

Steubing-LED-Display.jpg

financial-ticker-tape-new-sign-business-update

(Ignore all company names)
To this:

CITIZENS OF MEGAMETRO, I AM YOUR NEW LEADER. TODAY WE WILL UNITE AGAINST THE CORRUPT AND GREEDY GOVERNMENT AND POLICE FORCES AND MAKE A MEGAMETRO THAT IS FREE OF CENSORSHIP, FREE OF ENFORCEMENT AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, FREE OF LAW. I WILL CREATE A NEW ERA OF MEGAMETRO.

While passing by the newly made display, a boy around the age of 8 says to an older mother around 35, "Mommy, is this guy crazy?" In which the mother replied, "Yes, this guy is crazy. Why do we have to live in a city filled with a generation of corrupted people having to fight each other every month?"

"Do you think corruption can happen to even the best of people?"

"I think so. In my days, every single week a new human fought another human. Both of them had powers and the capability to destroy the entire city. Why does this city have to be known for its superpowers? At least there are fewer villains nowadays..."

"Yeah, thank god for the heroes winning every time they encountered each other along with the police force and military..."

"When I was young, there was one villain so strong, he nearly conquered the entire city. Let's hope it doesn't happen again."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back at the Display Room at the Central Finance Building...

That is my mission finally done. Although some heroes and guards remain. As long as I get away successfully, my message has already been spread in this city. I get out of the display room and continue moving on.

Later, I get to the 30th floor where the first conference room stands. If I can take out all of the businessmen, I can easily cripple MegaMetro's stock which will force the government into accepting my plans!

Last edited:
GearBlade654

He's here. The guards raise their weapons. They have received word that the villain has passed the twentieth floor. The businessmen have been evacuated from the building. Guards remain. You watch as Vanish emerges, ready for a fight.

GearBlade654 GearBlade654 The Golden General The Golden General

Gear
I calmly twirl my hammer. I LOOK calm, but in reality, I'm trying to focus.
Hm... the villain apparently has the ability to go invisible. But speed's nothing if I can manipulate the space itself. But that won't change the fact if he can go invisible. Still, it's worth a try...
"Whoever you are, I am giving you the chance to surrender now."
Underneath the helmet, my face is grim. I fought Vanish before. And he escaped, if I'm not mistaken.

Last edited:
Vanish

“Good luck with trying to stop me...” I say as I cock my revolver, about to shoot it. “It’s about who gets to make the first move and who can react quicker.”
I look more concentrated than ever on the hero. I don’t have any powers. If he can get a good hit on me, I’m fucked. If I can react faster then him, I’m safe. It will be all down to reaction times and it looks like I have the advantage on that case.

Gear
Well, I tried.
I feint with my hammer, faking a strike to the head.
However, before I actually strike Vanish, I step back and then I actually swing my hammer at Vanish. If for some reason he dodges and hits me, I should be fine.

Vanish

He knows what I can do. I wait to the fake swing and then I actually roll back. I then go forwards and then I go invisible and reappear just a few steps from the elevator to taunt Gear. I have my gun aimed at him to further intimidate him.

Gear
Hmmmmph. He's wasting his time and a chance to attack me.
I ignite a black orb around my left hand, and let stars orbit the orb. If he tries something, those stars will fly.

Vanish

I look into the dark, black orb with stars in it. He wants to fight, but I don't have time to fight in my mission. I shoot the orb with my pistol and get ready for the stars to fly towards me. If they fly I will dodge and try to deal a blow towards him. I do not have time to fight him. I have to make it out safely for the next day.

(DERP. How did I forget to reply?)
Gear
Injuries: Some fatigue
Armor Damage: Very Light
The orb explodes. A star flies in my face, and a couple whack the armor, but nothing serious.
I, with great effort, manage to control the remaining stars and send them homing into Vanish. Let's see if he can dodge this.
I twirl my hammer, fairly tired.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back