• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Villains and Heroes: Eternal Strife: Roleplaying Thread

Roof of Central Finance
It's night in MegaMetro. Airplanes soar above the grand city. A moon rises in the sky...
A full moon.
With the WHUMP of fabric, a figure jumps into the air, fabric trailing behind their body.

Korosenai
The night breeze is refreshing, a hiss past my face. My beak cuts the air into streams around me.
I land on the roof, my boots clicking.
It has been a long time.
Too long.
I know there is a battle going on within the building.
I begin to descend the stairs, as the battle noises get closer.
The Golden General The Golden General
DailyRoLord DailyRoLord
GearBlade654 GearBlade654

Vanish

The stars fly towards me as I roll to the side to dodge it. I then quickly strike a blow into Gear’s armour. Shouldn’t do much considering the stars that flew into Gear didn’t do that much damage. But if it weakens the hero a bit, it should make my escape plan easier.
GearBlade654 GearBlade654

Last edited:
Korosenai
Fighting. Closer, now. I can hear explosions and punches.
Abandoning all attempts at normalcy, I float down the center of the stairwell until the fighting is in front of me. Then, I drift up a floor.
The door is locked, but I place my right gauntlet on it. There's a slight hiss, and the metal disintegrates into a small pile of ash across the threshold.
The fighting's below here. The control room?
Between my hands, I spin energy into a silver ball. Submerging my fingers beneath its surface, I pull it into a spear.
Then, silently, I fling the spear downward.
The floor beneath me, or the ceiling above the fighters, explodes. As tiles rain down. I descend, in a corona of moonlight, my gauntlets emitting dust.
Two men are fighting. One is wearing power armor, and the other... he appears to be partially made of smoke.
In a silver flash, the dust transforms into writhing tentacles. Extensions of myself. I feel the familiar chill as my consciousness extends into them.

Gear
Injuries: Some fatigue
Armor Damage: Very Light
Gaah. I flinch slightly as the villain's blow bounces off my armor. But ouch.
I realize that my foe uses evasion. But if I can do something about it...
I cover my left hand in a dark purple aura. I'm going to be sore next morning.
If I live to see next morning.
All of a sudden, I feel a cold sensation coming on. That's not the villain. But who is it?

Vanish

As I strike to blow onto Gear, I jump a bit away from him and start waiting for his next move. Then suddenly, a cold aura comes down the stairs. I focus on the person coming down the stairs. Who could he be? What is his powers? I wait until the person comes down. At the same time, I notice that Gear is using his gravity field. This could be bad or good if he uses it and weakens himself the following morning...
GearBlade654 GearBlade654 Solosgar Solosgar

Vanish

“Fool, whoever you are. You don’t know that this is the way we’ve been fighting for decades. It’s always good VS evil and the good always win. I am tired of this and I want a world where we can do our own actions. Not be enforced by the corruption that is the law. If I get defeated, everything will stay the same for years to come.” I look at the new face and I still do not know who this hero is.
Solosgar Solosgar

Korosenai

My tentacles swarm over the door and walls before plunging into the villain's body.
Wait.
No.
He... vanished? My tentacles wave through the air, feeling for any sign of the villain, but they make no contact.
How did he manage that? He was partially made out of smoke earlier. Some kind of a transformation?
I've got to find him.
My tentacles swirl and retract into my gauntlets. He's trying to escape. That much is obvious. Now... where would a villain go to escape? Just going out the front door would be too conspicuous. Even if he can turn into smoke. And there are most likely police down there, sweeping the lower floors.
That's when I hear the DING of an elevator. He's taking the elevator!
So he's got to be going to the roof. This time, I'll need to be stealthy.
I focus, and two tentacles emerge from my gauntlets, one on each hand. Ignoring the other man in the room, I hurry to the elevator and thread them up the shaft to the top. They pause at the top.
I've been practicing this for a while, and it's time to put it to the test. I zero in on the ends of the two tentacles. Under my mental commands, they begin to shape themselves into new shapes. Tiny tendrils split out to each side, forming delicate constructs...
Two eyes, made of black tentacle, peer out from the elevator shaft just in time to see the villain reform. He's up there.
And I will be too.
I call the elevator down, get in, and send it up to the top.

(As I am occupied with V&H:FS, which is incredibly active, I won't be posting on ES, so its a great idea for you guys to operate on your own, maybe even hire another head writer.)

Vanish

(Let's have one more fight before I advance to the next stage of the Arc.)

I get out just as it starts going down. Now I need to get out of there safely. But when I look down, I see 5 police cars speeding their way to the Central Finance Tower and 2 police helicopters. Damn it. They've spotted me. But they are sending their helicopters. This is my opportunity to escape. The police helicopters start getting closer to the roof.

---------------------

MegaMetro Police Force - Ground Units

Five police cars drive towards the tower, which is unusually quiet. All of the police force goes out of the cars and into the building. Once they enter it, they see a horrible scene. Dead bodies everywhere. Blood all of the floor. Bullets on the floor. Broken glass from the bank area. Luckily, the computer has survived along with the security room and cameras.

"What the hell..." One of the police officers analyzing the scene says. "Who must've done that?"

"It's probably a villain. But who did that?" Another police officer said.

The officers walked into the area where the accountants were before they got killed. "I honestly do not know yet. Let's see if there are tapes surviving."

One of the officers opened a shelf on the desk where the computer is in the security room. It was untouched by Vanish as he didn't want to hide his mission. He didn't disable the cameras to send a message...

On the tape, they saw two guards being murdered by someone invisible. The bullet seemed to come out of nowhere. So did the next few murders. The audio tape was just a bunch of screaming along with loud gunshots.

"Holy mother of God!" One of them shouted loudly from seeing the tape, obviously horrified after what happened. "I think we need to see no more of this. This is a serious issue."

MegaMetro Police Force - Air Units

As two helicopters draw close to the building meant to try to find and arrest the villain, they received a transmission from the ground units. "This is the ground force. We have investigated what looks to be an act of terrorism in the Central Finance Building. There is an ominous message on the display screen stating that the villain who raided this building wants to be free from the law. He apparently cannot be seen most of the time. If you spot this villain, please report back to us and detain him immediately."

"Roger that." One of the helicopters replied back.

Just as they were closing towards the tower, the elevator door in the tower going to the roof opened with Vanish there. The helicopters started to lower and point their lights towards Vanish.

Vanish

As I strike to blow onto Gear, I jump a bit away from him and start waiting for his next move. Then suddenly, a cold aura comes down the stairs. I focus on the person coming down the stairs. Who could he be? What is his powers? I wait until the person comes down. At the same time, I notice that Gear is using his gravity field. This could be bad or good if he uses it and weakens himself the following morning...
GearBlade654 GearBlade654 Solosgar Solosgar

The elevator doors open on the rooftop.
Nothing appears to be inside.

Gear
I turn to the other hero.
"I don't know who you are, but thanks for helping."
I dash to the elevator, and scratch my chin.
"Now, which floor could the villain have been?", I muse.

Vanish

As the helicopters lower to the roof, the elevator door opens. No one is inside. I grab out my gun to get ready to attack the person who comes out. Whoever this person is, he’s going to have a hard time trying to hit me...
Solosgar Solosgar

Vanish

I go closer to the elevator, waiting to see what is inside. I am still alert and I have my gun up just in case anything threatening comes up. The fuzz are still coming closer to me. If I want to fight, I will have to make this quick.

(As I am making my long leave from ES, anybody may take Sir Dre. If he is unclaimed, then you can assume that he dies somehow.)

Vanish

What the hell? Is all I can think as I wait as the elevator doesn’t seem to have anyone. The hero is either cowardly or is trying to bait me. I still wait for someone to show up in the elevator. The police have not gotten close enough to spot me yet. I have this feeling that once they find me and lower down to try to stop me, the hero will appear...

Solosgar Solosgar GearBlade654 GearBlade654

Vanish

Okay, something really shady is going on. I go on the elevator because I am tired of the elevator being empty. Someone is probably there though, so my gun is still on my hands. I have a really bad feeling about this...

The elevator door closes behind you. And yet there still appears to be nobody in the elevator.
You realize that if you don't select a floor, the police on the other side will be able to press the "open" button and attack you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back